• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Alliance and Leicester PPI Notice on their website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alliance and Leicester PPI Notice on their website

Loan repayment insurance announcement

Important information for customers who took out a Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policy to protect an unsecured personal loan between 14 January 2005 and 31 December 2007 following advice given over the telephone.

Alliance & Leicester today confirms that it has agreed a settlement with the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in relation to the way in which it handled phone advice prior to the sale of Payment Protection Insurance with unsecured Personal Loans between 14 January 2005 and 31 December 2007.

This does not affect any other products or PPI sales made without telephone contact.

As part of their investigation the FSA reviewed processes and a sample of phone calls and concluded that there was a risk that customers may have taken out an unsuitable insurance policy.

We have co-operated fully with the FSA’s investigation and have improved our systems and processes for telephone contact, and have also made changes to our training and monitoring from December 2007.

We apologise sincerely for our shortcomings. Customers can be assured that we are taking this matter very seriously and that we have reviewed and tightened up all our processes from December 2007 to ensure that all customers get the right information and advice.

Over the coming months we will be writing to all the customers concerned and will put right any disadvantage identified.
    Questions & Answers

What should I do if I took out a PPI policy between 14 January 2005 and 31 December 2007 following telephone contact?

You need do nothing now as we will be writing to you in due course.

What if I have previously raised a concern about my PPI policy?

Again, customers need do nothing now. We will be reviewing any relevant complaints or rejected claims, and will be writing to customers with more details.

What should I do if I have a concern about the PPI policy I took out over the telephone before 14 January 2005 or after 31 December 2007?

This matter only relates to customers who took out a PPI policy to protect an unsecured personal loan between 14 January 2005 and 31 December 2007 following telephone contact.

If you took out a policy outside this period and have a concern over your PPI policy, the way it was sold, or its suitability, then you should contact us in the normal way through the normal channels, and your case will be looked into. Ways that you can get in touch:
    • Call into any of our branches
    • Phone – 0844 5619790 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
    • Write to us at Let’s Work it Out, Alliance & Leicester plc, Carlton Park, Narborough, Leicestershire, LE19 0AL

What about a PPI policy I took out at a branch or over the Internet during this period?

This matter only relates to customers who took out a PPI policy to protect an unsecured personal loan between 14 January 2005 and 31 December 2007 following telephone contact.

If you have a concern over your PPI policy, the way it was sold, or its suitability, you should contact us in the normal way through the normal channels, and your case will be looked into. Ways that you can get in touch:
    • Call into any of our branches
    • Phone – 0844 5619790 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
    • Write to us at Let’s Work it Out, Alliance & Leicester plc, Carlton Park, Narborough, Leicestershire, LE19 0AL

Source: Loan Repayment Insurance announcement

Re: Alliance and Leicester PPI Notice on their website

Alliance Leicester to pay £7 million fine for PPI failings

Alliance and Leicester comments on the FSA's findings regarding the sale of PPI with Personal Loans: News from Alliance and Leicester
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X