• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BOBSCOUSE v Northern Rock/Pinnacle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BOBSCOUSE v Northern Rock/Pinnacle

DPA/SAR is always the first thing to do in these claims, that way you get your evidence together and weigh up whether you have a good claim or not.

I would now treat the sent LBA as a pre-lim lol, you can always send another 7/14 final warning once you have the evidence.

Send SAR ASAP.

And then we can advise you from there.

FOS/Court route depends entirely on the date of contract and whether or not the Firm were regulated or not.

Does that make good sense to you ??.
    SAR to get evidence.
    Pre-lim.
    LBA.
    FOS/Court.

Evidence, evidence, evidence, then we can hammer them lol.

Comment

Thanks!
      Where can I find the SAR/DPA letter template for PPI? Perhaps with some careful wording on the letter I can continue within the same timeframe without having to send further LBA.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBSCOUSE View Post
        Thanks!
        Where can I find the SAR/DPA letter template for PPI? Perhaps with some careful wording on the letter I can continue within the same timeframe without having to send further LBA.
        Here is a link explains all about SAR it is not just about one particular part of your account with them, it is about everything they have on you.
        Legal Beagles

Just a question, did you read the PPI forum and find any reasons in there that your PPI was mis sold?

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
          Just a question, did you read the PPI forum and find any reasons in there that your PPI was mis sold?
          Thats a very valid point Enaid and one I mostly forget to ask.

Trouble is with me, I just go rushing in giving the advice presuming it is a mis-sell lol.

Comment

Errrrrrmm, right, well First, sorry I havent been keeping you up to date - been on a downer and didnt feel like it.

Anyways, bitter-sweet news really. Northern Rock recently sent me a Court Summons for defaulting on the loan payments - about £11K (should get some from everyone else soon). Finally went to CAB this Wednesday to seek help as I couldnt cope anymore, default notices and solicitors letters coming in left, right and centre as well as this so definitely feeling the pressure.

Got home from work later the same afternoon and a letter from Northern Rock was waiting for me. They have refunded the PPI and all the interest (Just over £4000) and have cancelled the court action.

On the same letter it says that they will be instructing their Solicitors to start proceedings for the remainder so I should get another summons through very soon.

Bitter-sweet as I said, glad that the PPI issue is resolved and it is after all a chunk off the overall debts - Just can't wait for the nightmare to end........

Comment

Sorry to hear you have been on a 'downer'.
              Did the CAB offer you any help with the debts? ie are they going to help arrange payment plans?

Comment

Did you get seen straight away Bob, round here its a 3-5 month wait for an appointment with the debt counsellor apparently.

Comment

Hi Enaid,

The CAB will help me with payment plans/advice, I just have to get all of my details written up for them so they can check through financial circumstances - shouldn't take them too long to summarise as "f*cked".

Slight irony is that during the last few months I've been sent forms asking for this information by creditors but with my head in a constant state of numbness I havent done it. Need to get my head together quickly and do it this time I suppose but I've lost the will.

Sitting here now writing this my head is pounding - I'm either miserable, pi**ed off or simply depressed all the time and hate being in this situation, especially considering that all the extra hours I do at work are getting me nowhere. I feel like smashing my head against a brick wall to ease the pain.

Sorry if I've brought my cloud on here - just feeling totally beaten.............
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  Hi Saffy,

They said that I should get an appointment within a couple of weeks - as long as I get my forms with financial circumstances into them quickly.

Bob
                  Last edited by BOBSCOUSE; 5th June 2009, 17:22:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Bob your not alone hun, I know it feels like it and you really can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, but there is one its just that its very feint at the moment, but when you get things on an even keel (meaning your paperwork up to date, offers to pay all sorted etc) that light will start to burn brighter and you'll feel better.

Now if you want to hun, you can send me everything and I'll work on it for you, just PM me if you want and I'll take a look.

Believe me we were in a terrible way here and with help from Ame and a few others we got things sorted and we are now faring a lot better. Anyway the offer is there if you want to shout then please do.

Comment

Well you are not beaten and you should not be beating yourself up either.
                      It's a horrid situation to be in, we all know that, but most people on here have been in same or similar situation.
                      You have to know you will come through this, but you must also understand that burying your head in the sand will not help, but will greatly hinder your situation.
                      You can't give them what you haven't got, never agree to pay them more than you can comfortably afford. They will take this in the end, either through the CAB or the courts.
                      I know its easy to talk when it's not yourself with the problems but if you need to ask anything you know well that on here someone will have the answer for you.
                      All the Best Enaid x

Comment

Well, just spent two days solid opening lots of ignored mail, sorting all statements, letters and filling in financial statements for CAB - HOLY ****E!!!!!!! At least now I know that the misery was justified.

What do the creditors/CAB do if the amount of spare cash which can go to creditors is basically zero?
                        Can I post my figures for normal household expenses and have somebody tell me if they would be considered excessive for a family of 4. I don't think that we spend too much day to day but would appreciate someone verifying that for me.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Here you go Bob at your leisure then either post on here or pm it to one of team.
                          Legal Beagles

Enaid x

Comment

Fill in an I/E Sheet the first place to start, we have all the trigger figures that your creditors and CAB will use

Fill in the sheet then post it up here as an attachment , leave off name address etc for privacy

Also, well done Bob, getting your head into gear is the most important step of all. Takes a lot of doing to sit and open those letters after youve hidden for so long
                            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Sorry Bob/ Enaid..............shes just too quick for me
                              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thank you both very much.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X