• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ppi Natwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ppi Natwest

I am currently looking into my inlaws PPI which was taken out when the wage earner was over 65 and the loan was for 6 years.
    In 2003 they reeived a letter saying although the policy said they were not covered over 70 it was ok they were(?)

I am really wondering whether this letter would have been enough for them to make a claim on a policy that said they couldn't?

And does anyone know if it is a Natwest Insurance they use for ppi or an outside company ?

Re: Ppi Natwest

If you have the policy (and you should have been provided with it at the time) then it would have who the insureres are on it.

Comment

The don't think that they were provided with this at the time.

Comment

Found this on their site though, it may help may not.

2. Whose products do we offer?
        We offer products from a range of insurersWe can only offer products from a limited number of insurersUK Insurance Limited for creditor insurance (with the life cover element being underwritten by Direct Line Life Insurance Company Limited)
        UK Insurance Limited for home insurance
        UK Insurance Limited for motor insurance
        UK Insurance Limited for stand alone travel insurance
        Sterling Insurance Group Limited for personal accident insurance (except our Direct Marketing channel where a product from Avon Insurance plc is offered)
        Royal Sun Alliance Insurance plc for student and graduate possessions
        Royal Sun Alliance plc for safe custody insurance
        National Westminster Life Assurance Limited for term assurance
        National Westminster Life Assurance Limited for critical illness insurance
        Norwich Union Healthcare Limited for income replacement insurance
        Sterling Insurance Group Limited for accidental death insurance offered with an Advantage Gold or Advantage Private bank account
        UK Insurance Limited for travel insurance offered with an Advantage Gold or Advantage Private bank account
        ACE European Group Limited for payment card protection and Domestic & General Insurance plc for extended warranty insurance provided with an Advantage Gold or Advantage Private bank account
        UK Insurance Limited for home emergency insurance provided with an Advantage Private bank account
        Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance plc for Purchase Protection insurance for an Advantage Gold or Advantage Private bank account.

Comment

Thank you for that, I wonder which one is most likely to be used for unemployment?

Comment

I think best bet is to write or ring Natwest and ask them TBH.
            Ask them to send you the policy details for the date the PPI started and the T&C's,
            there may have been a clause in there that as your inlaw was working the policy may have been valid. Also they usually only run the PPI for 5 years which would infact take your inlaw to the age of 70, as the for the other year of the loan, you would have to check in the T&C's about that.

Comment

Won their money back , £5000, I am officially best DIL ever!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X