• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI: Contrary to what I have previously said I did have PPI and reclaimed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI: Contrary to what I have previously said I did have PPI and reclaimed

So, a lot of times I said I have never had PPI. It's not quite right. Way back in 2000 I had PPI on a loan with the bank as a member of staff. This year I decided to reclaim it. So, in February I put in a claim for that with NatWest. The bank have a process in which they look at all loans that you have and investigate PPI. I didn't think I had PPI with any other loan. I was wrong on that one.
    So very quickly, they sent me three letters saying that there was not PPI with 3 loans which I already knew about. They investigated 5 loans. The most historic one was the early which paid out about £100 as it was a small policy of about £38 and the interest was more than what I had paid. The second one, was a loan which they paid just over £200 with. This one took a little bit longer than 8 weeks. I did have an option to go to the Ombudsman but, in all fairness, I did not think that I had had PPI so waited. Less than 2 weeks over the 8 week time frame they sent me a PPI offer which I signed and sent back. The process of paying out took roughly just over a week. I suspect that for NatWest, they are simply paying out claims providing you have not made a claim on the PPI.

Thought I would round the circle of claiming back. I should add that I cannot reclaim packaged account fees because, as a member of staff, I never paid them otherwise that's where I might have gone
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Nice one, well done for whacking in a speculative claim ... every little helps. I tried a few of my old lenders but still just never had PPI ( or packaged accounts) so no windfalls here.

Thank you for the card btw xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X