• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPi claim rejected - advice needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPi claim rejected - advice needed!

We had a car loan in 2004 the car dealer sorted this out for us together with the PPi,
    we are attempting to reclaim back the PPi.

We sent the first letter to the car dealer (and also to the loan company just in case) stating that we believe it was missold due to:
    1. Hubby being self employed at the time.
    2.Previous medical condition.
    3.Single premium policy but was not seen through to the end as we paid off the loan early.
    4.The sales person told us we had to have it to get the loan.
    5.We were not told that we could buy the insurance else where.

Today we have received a letter saying the following: "We have investigated your claim and can advise that after consideration and having spoken to the Finacial Ombudsman's office your alleged claim does not fall within the Ombudsman's jurisdiction.
    With this in mind, I am afraid to advise you that we will not consider any settlement with regard toyour alledged claim for the following reasons:-

The insurance product you took out was purchased prior to the group being regulated (14 January 2005).
    The insurance product you took out was terminated prior to the group being regulated (14 January 2005)

You still have the right to refer to the FOS if you wish"

Is that it? Have I drawn a blank here or is there any hope at all?
    Last edited by Paule; 5th December 2008, 18:31:PM. Reason: edited to read easier

Re: PPi claim rejected - advice needed!

So they have spoken about your loan directly with the Financial Ombudsman's Office?

Interesting.

Of course you have not drawn a blank - now you give them 14 days to repay you the sum you are asking for or you issue a claim against them. Then do it at the expiry of the deadline.

I would also add to that letter that you will require the name of who spoke to the Financial Ombudsman's Office and to whom they spoke. They are simply not entitled to discuss your private business like this.

Comment

What Loan Company is this?

You need to deal with the loan company not the dealer.

Who was the response from? dealer or loan company

Have you got a copy of the T&Cs?
      and have you checked whether all the points you list arent covered by the policy?

They would probably have been regulated by the Finance & Leasing Assocation 'FLA' at the time you took out the loan, hence the comment re the FOS not being able to dealt with your case, and not that they have spoken directly with your personal info.
      I am guessing you hgave used the MSE letter which has the FOS quote in it, and they are simply letting you know they wount cover this, although they should tell you about the FLA

Comment

The loan company is HFC. The response was from the dealer. I have no copies of the T & C's. Yes, I did use the MSE letter. What do I do next?

Comment

Originally posted by ruby15 View Post
          We had a car loan in 2004 the car dealer sorted this out for us together with the PPi,
          we are attempting to reclaim back the PPi.

We sent the first letter to the car dealer (and also to the loan company just in case) stating that we believe it was missold due to:
          3.Single premium policy but was not seen through to the end as we paid off the loan early.

Today we have received a letter saying the following: "We have investigated your claim and can advise that after consideration and having spoken to the Finacial Ombudsman's office your alleged claim does not fall within the Ombudsman's jurisdiction.
          With this in mind, I am afraid to advise you that we will not consider any settlement with regard toyour alledged claim for the following reasons:-

The insurance product you took out was purchased prior to the group being regulated (14 January 2005).
          The insurance product you took out was terminated prior to the group being regulated (14 January 2005)

You still have the right to refer to the FOS if you wish"

Is that it? Have I drawn a blank here or is there any hope at all?
          Don't believe all that you get told by the firm. Why would they approach the FOS if you hadn't started a claim.

If the firm were previously members of the General Insurance Standards Council (GISC) prior to becoming regulated by the FSA then the FOS have whats known as retrospective jurisdiction prior to to Jan 2005.

See here: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...nsu_interm.htm

I would put in your claim to the FOS and let them decide if you have a claim.

Regards

Tanz

Comment

There is always hope, please don't give up, it seems a lot of firms today, do not know what the word compassion is or means. It's your hard earned cash, and to be duped by the salesperson saying, you had to have the ppi to get the loan. This in itself says they have broken the law, you should take them to a small claims court, and sue them for the amount of the ppi plus interest...Regards, Bluebird.

Comment

Anymore movement on this ruby?

Comment

Originally posted by ruby15 View Post
                IMO thats enough to claim a mis-sell.

Judging by their reply letter (providing you mean FOS and NOT FLA) I would get a complaint into the FOS. Dont bother with a FLA complaint, they have about as much clout as a .....................

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X