• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shooter V GE capital store cards PPI x 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooter V GE capital store cards PPI x 2

Heres my 1st letter to debenhams re PPI reclaim.
    I am 100% sure that when asked if I wanted PPI is definately said NO but they added it any way!

I have recently been looking at the statements and paperwork for my credit card (reference above) supplied by you in response to a Subject Access Request, dated July 2007, and have noted that Payment Protection Insurance premiums have been charged to the card.

I believe that I was mis-sold this policy due to the fact that I have been paying for insurance that I was unaware I had taken out, as PPI on my credit card was discussed with me and I Distinctly remember stating to the sales person that I did not require it nor did I want it.

What I expect from you is justification that the policy was suitable for me based on my circumstances and an explanation as to how your suitability criteria works. If you cannot justify this to my satisfaction I request a full refund of all premiums paid to date as well as interest on these payments.

As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect an interest element to be added to each sum, at a suitable rate and using a suitable calculation method, as a compensatory gesture.

I expect a swift response to this letter within 14 days, containing either your full justification or notice that you will be refunding these payments.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response I will issue another letter notifying you of my intention to take further action if the matter is not resolved within a further 14 days. After this limit has passed I will be either contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint or issuing court proceedings.

Yours faithfully,

What does anyone think?

Shooter x
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    I will use the same letter as my lloyds claim for my claim against BHS
    Last edited by shooter; 2nd September 2008, 14:52:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Re: Shooter V GE capital store cards PPI x 2

Originally posted by shooter View Post
    Heres my 1st letter to debenhams re PPI reclaim.
    I am 100% sure that when asked if I wanted PPI is definately said NO but they added it any way!

I have recently been looking at the statements and paperwork for my credit card (reference above) supplied by you in response to a Subject Access Request, dated July 2007, and have noted that Payment Protection Insurance premiums have been charged to the card.

I believe that I was mis-sold this policy due to the fact that I have been paying for insurance that I was unaware I had taken out, as PPI on my credit card was discussed with me and I Distinctly remember stating to the sales person that I did not require it nor did I want it.

What I expect from you is justification that the policy was suitable for me based on my circumstances and an explanation as to how your suitability criteria works. If you cannot justify this to my satisfaction I request a full refund of all premiums paid to date as well as interest on these payments.

As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect an interest element to be added to each sum, at a suitable rate and using a suitable calculation method, as a compensatory gesture.

I expect a swift response to this letter within 14 days, containing either your full justification or notice that you will be refunding these payments.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response I will issue another letter notifying you of my intention to take further action if the matter is not resolved within a further 14 days. After this limit has passed I will be either contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint or issuing court proceedings.

Yours faithfully,

What does anyone think?

Shooter x
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    I will use the same letter as my lloyds claim for my claim against BHS
    Hello Shooter,

good clean and straight for the jugular, but In my experience regarding ge, expect a denial, appeared on statements and you did not cancel etc etc.

Do you have a copy of the credit agreement that you signed when you opened the account?????

If not ask them for it, to see what actually was agreed.

Also please remember that the sale of ppi, by the representative might have been commission based, oh god did I just tick the ppi box by mistake:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Originally posted by hellhasnofury View Post
      Hello Shooter,

good clean and straight for the jugular, but In my experience regarding ge, expect a denial, appeared on statements and you did not cancel etc etc.

Do you have a copy of the credit agreement that you signed when you opened the account?????

If not ask them for it, to see what actually was agreed.

Also please remember that the sale of ppi, by the representative might have been commission based, oh god did I just tick the ppi box by mistake:tinysmile_aha_t:

Hi hellhasnofury

On my debenhams accout I am 100% certain that I stated that I did not want PPI as I knew I wouldn't be covered, so I will go for the jugular with this one My Only problem is that I never checked my statements as I had set up a standing order to pay more than what they would have asked for as the minimum payment so rarely looked at my ststements.
      I don't have the original agreement as I opened the account years ago.
      Shooter x
      Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Originally posted by shooter View Post
        Hi hellhasnofury

On my debenhams accout I am 100% certain that I stated that I did not want PPI as I knew I wouldn't be covered, so I will go for the jugular with this one My Only problem is that I never checked my statements as I had set up a standing order to pay more than what they would have asked for as the minimum payment so rarely looked at my ststements.
        I don't have the original agreement as I opened the account years ago.
        Shooter x
        Maybe sent them a request under section 77/78 for a copy of it and see what they come back with They should have it if the account is still open and even if the account was closed six years ago

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X