• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claims4You

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claims4You

I've got three PPI claims going on with Claims4You, a company from Liverpool. I agreed to pay them their 30% commission in the event they win the claims. However, by chance I've found out that they had a winding up order served by HNRC heard in court on the 17 May, with a further hearing on 26 June. I can't find out any more information past that date but they are obviously still trading as I had an email today asking me to call them regarding one of the claims. Has anyone else had dealings with this company ? Be my luck for them to get the pay outs and then liquidate before paying me. I,d go elsewhere but you have to pay them a fee if you cancel the agreement with them.
    Tags: None

Re: Claims4You

I assume you mean Claim4You as apposed to Claims4You?

It looks like they're in voluntary arrangement according to Companies House and CRM.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07039135

https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...y=-1&status=-1

There's a Gazette notice for winding up by HMRC dated 18 May but nothing further I can see https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2786004

Some questions:

• What stage are your PPI claims at?
    • Do their Terms & Conditions state that compensation payments go directly to them?
    • Do you have the T&Cs and if so can you post them up?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      I assume you mean Claim4You as apposed to Claims4You?

It looks like they're in voluntary arrangement according to Companies House and CRM.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07039135

https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...y=-1&status=-1

There's a Gazette notice for winding up by HMRC dated 18 May but nothing further I can see https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2786004

Some questions:

• What stage are your PPI claims at?
      • Do their Terms & Conditions state that compensation payments go directly to them?
      • Do you have the T&Cs and if so can you post them up?
      I have answered questions over the phone and filled in forms sent to me afterwards. They tell me that my claims are in the "latter stages" of being settled if successful.
      They told me at the start that any payments due will normally go to them but if I was paid directly then I,d have to inform them and provide proof so they can calculate their commission which Iwould then pay to them.
      As for the terms and conditions, I,ll have to try and find them and I will post them up asap.
      My real concern is that if they are in danger of being liquidated, then they will keep any payments due, knowing they're going under.

Comment

Here are the terms http://please.freeppicheck.me.uk/legals/

They don't say that any compensation goes to them first but it might say it does on the letter of authority you would have signed, do you have that?

Lots of CMC's letters of authority state that any compensation payments should be paid directly to the CMC but in my experience banks ignore it and usually pay the customer direct.

Comment

They are in a voluntarily arrangement due to owing £2.6 million to HMRC and the director having overdrawn the loan account - > https://www.thegazette.co.uk/company...Y1MGFkaXF6a2N4 // View PDF

If concerned companies may pay C4Y direct, you could contact the companies you have live claims in with ( eg Lloyds / Halifax etc) and ask them the status of the claims. Once you have checked the terms you could withdraw your letter of authority and ask the lenders deal directly with you over the complaint, however you may then trigger a cancellation charge from C4Y. You could ask them to ensure if any refund is due and made to ensure the payment comes directly to you so you can pay the fees direct. As EXC said most banks do pay the claimant direct rather than the CMC but I understand your concern - checking directly with lenders over timings might help set your mind at rest.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            They are voluntarily winding up due to owing £2.6 million to HMRC - > https://www.thegazette.co.uk/company...Y1MGFkaXF6a2N4 // View PDF
            I think it's a voluntary arrangement as opposed to a winding up? Seems to mean they carry on trading as normal but with deferred commitments to paying creditors.

Comment

Yep. I did amend, I went into autopilot.

One of their creditors ( who voted against winding up) seems to be National Claims to the tune of £4m+ - they do seem to be in liquidation
              and have put down trade debtors of the same amount claimed to be owed in Claim4You's statement. ... but that they only expect to realise £530k of that. Also FJ Leads ( the other creditor to Claim4You who voted against... ) are in liquidation showing similar in their statement of affairs ( 4.8 floating charge) . Only HMRC voted for.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Yep. I did amend, I went into autopilot.

One of their creditors ( who voted against winding up) seems to be National Claims to the tune of £4m+ - they do seem to be in liquidation
                and have put down trade debtors of the same amount claimed to be owed in Claim4You's statement. ... but that they only expect to realise £530k of that. Also FJ Leads ( the other creditor to Claim4You who voted against... ) are in liquidation showing similar in their statement of affairs ( 4.8 floating charge) . Only HMRC voted for.
                Thanks for your help I,m going to contact the banks and request any payments due be sent direct to me. I have no qualms about paying what I owe but I once got stung when Time computers went bust owing me £500. They sent the cheque the day before they were wound up !.........obviously it bounced, hence my wariness of this situation.
                This free advice is invaluable to laymen like myself by the way, and I really appreciate your efforts. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Let me know how you get on with the lenders, have you got the ppi teams numbers ? Most of them do pay direct to the customer anyway but in this kind of situation I agree it is s good idea to make sure - if they do agree I would ask to confirm in writing, just in case anything did go wonky along the line it should give you some comeback
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sorry for jumping on this post I had some dealings a while ago with this claim4you company heard nothing but then a letter today from a company called DebtLaw informing me I owe £4,024.23 I have 7 days to respond or they will put it in the hands of DCBL COLLECTIONS BAILIFFS where further costs will be incurred please help advice would be grateful

Comment

Any idea what you might owe claim4you for? commission ? cancellation ? breach of contract ?

Do DebtLaw say if there is a CCJ or Warrant ? Or they simply using DCBL's standard debt collection services as a mean of trying to scare you?

Any CCJ showing on your credit file or the judgment register at all ?

( Debtlaw are same people as claim4you btw )
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sorry no I have no idea what it’s for? They started a claim for welcome finance for me but weren’t successful due to welcome being unable to do something some time after I had a letter from welcome finance myself telling me they were now in a position to pay out so dealt with it myself? They did take me to court but I responded to the court and the case was dismissed by the court I can’t remember any other claims they have done? On this letter doesn’t say anything about it going or been too Court just that if I don’t respond within 7 days they will forward to DCBL
                        Just says DO NOT IGNORE- RESPONSE REQUIRED- INSTRUCTIONS OF PENDING ACTION?

Comment

No ccj on my file for this I’ve checked

Comment

They did take me to court but I responded to the court and the case was dismissed by the court
                            Interesting ( well done for that !) Have you got a copy of the order from the court at all? If not could be worth getting a copy from the court and then we can reply to DebtLaw to say it's already been to court. Any idea how much that claim was for?

Also while on to the court see if they can check if there has been anything else against you since that claim was dismissed.

As well as getting hold of that it might be worth putting in a Subject Access Request Letter to claim4you - they are still alive as in they are in a voluntary arrangement not liquidated so they are obliged to reply to you with all your data.

Without a CCJ all they can do is pass the case to DCBL for standard debt collection. They can't send a bailiff.

( also, because claim4you did start the claim with welcome for you on your behalf, that welcome subsequently did pay out after contacting you COULD mean claim4you would be entitled to their commission fee - it depends on the terms and exactly what the circumstances were - but lets look at it having already possibly gone to court first )
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I will check on this with the court tomorrow thank you for the advice? As for the welcome thing yes claim 4you did start the process and subsiqiently contacted me to say they couldn’t obtain a refund and were closing the case? It was near on 8-12 months later when welcome contacted me? That’s why it was thrown out of court coz I’d done all the hard work myself x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X