• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart- Big Problem- Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Smart- Big Problem- Please help

Hi

Hoping you can help!

In 2011 I received a letter from Bank smart telling me that Icould receive over £7000 PPI. Foolishly I acknowledged the letter andsubsequently agreed to them trying to claim ppi from several different banks. Isigned the terms and conditions and then proceeded to fill out form after formfor the next 2 years. In this time I got over £2000 from one bank and paid thenecessary fees to Bank Smart. I received nothing else

In August 2013 I separatedfrom my wife and moved out of the family home. Prior to this I wrote to bankSmart and informed them that I would like to cancel my agreement with thembecause of my circumstances. I still have a copy of this letter.

I thought this would be the end of it. I received a few e-mails from them but I didnot see any reason to login to my account as I presumed that my account withthem was cancelled and I was obviously dealing with my marriage breakup.

In February of this year I received another e-mail from theminforming me that I had not filled in the several forms they had sent to myprevious address and I owed them nearly £1500 in fees. In a panic I cancelledthe remaining ones via e-mail and this rose to nearly £2000. I wrote a letterof complaint to them informing them of my circumstances and that I had writtena cancellation letter to them in 2013. They replied informing me that they hadnothing on record re the cancellation and the reasons the fees were applied.

The also informed me that if I wished to continue with theppi claims they would cancel all fees. The sent me out some forms to my newaddress to fill out so the process started all over again. I have completed and returned all forms as agreed. To-day I got acall (voicemail) from a debt recovery agency telling me that they wererepresenting bank smart in recovering money I owed to them. Surely this can’tbe right after they agreed to restart the process again. I have cooperated withall their requests and this is what happens. I have written back to them askingfor an explanation but they are not acknowledging my e-mails

I am at my wits end here. Should I let them take me to courtand if so what are my chances of winning?

Hope you can help and any paperwork you require I am happyto forward on to you.
    Tags: None

Re: Bank Smart- Big Problem- Please help

This is typical of Bank Smart I'm afraid.

If you wrote a letter of complaint to them in February you are still in time to go straight to the Legal Ombudsman.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I will write to them now. Would an e-mail be acceptable and if so do you know their e-mail address?

Comment

Yes you can e-mail them but I would call first, they're very approachable.

Phone 0300 555 0333

Minicom 0300 555 1777

e-mail cmc@legalombudsman.org.uk

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X