• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CMC Contract End?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMC Contract End?

Hello all
    Back in 2012 we were contacted from Real Time Claims by phone regarding ppi refunds.
    We did have several that were potential and as a result got caught in their net. There were 2 or 3 successful in 2012 and invoices paid etc. they obviously are done and finished with.
    Meantime there were some marriage problems, although reunited at the minute. I was suffering with depression (please don't judge) and 2013 was a devastating year for us for more than one reason. RTC were constantly calling and i mean numerous times per week at all sorts of times. I wasn't speaking to anyone let alone someone i didn't know, so stupidly i just blocked all calls that weren't family.
    On 1 or 2 occasions early on i did speak to them but they just tied me up in knots and confused the heck out of me. Neither my husband (who wasnt here a good portion of the time) or I have had any contact with RTC since early 2013. By that i mean we haven't communicated by post or telephone calls with them. It wasn't at that point anything to do with getting out of anything, it was just a struggle to think about every day things let alone paperwork.
    Fast forward to last week when we received an invoice from them for a Bank of Scotland claim that i 'think' was via the ombudsman back in 2013, asking for their 30%.
    Might be worth making a point here that all other invoices were at 25% but now 30%?
    We had no knowledge this was still going on so it was a complete shock. We have now received a cheque and fully intend to pay this invoice in the next day or two. Weirdly i do not want to get into them pestering again so will just pay it although i fear it may have the adverse effect.
    We have no recollection or definite of what accounts they had or looked into etc. We have several letters saying despite recorded delivery the companies didnt receive the original letter of authority so dont actually know what they have worked on and what they dont.
    If i ask them and they did agree (doubtful) obviously they have a right to be paid for work done how can i ascertain what they have done and what is a reasonable fee? Im so confused but just want an end to it all.
    Can anyone tell me is there any end to this? At what point will/can i leave them for good? Could they still be doing this in another few years?
    Tags: None

Re: CMC Contract End?

Contact any banks/lenders you may have given authority to deal with RTC and ask to withdraw third party authorisation, then you are back in the driving seat of any claims and the banks should revert to communicating with you rather than RTC. You are tied in to RTC until the claims you put with them originally are concluded, and some of the banks are being forced to go back and look again at compensation paid, so could well be more refunds to come in the future. Any firms that you didn't sign authority for RTC to deal with shouldn't be in your RTC contract.

You can write to them though and tell them not to contact you by telephone and keep communication to letter in the future if it is the calls that are getting to you?

Just on the 25% issue, it does seem they have always charged 30% plus VAT.
    RTC terms today
    We are entitled to receive 36% (inclusive of VAT where applicable) of redress recovered relating to all accounts with your lenders, no matter if received after the initial settlement, whether the redress was received by way of loan / arrears reduction and/or in cash. This fee may be shared with any introducer(s).
    RTC terms Feb 12th 2013
    Real Time Claims operates entirely on a no win no fee basis, this means that if your claim is not successful , for whatever reason, then you will not pay a single penny. Should your claim be successful then Real Time Claims will invoice you for 30% + VAT of the compensation recovered. You do not pay us until you are paid, so you are never out of pocket.
    30% + VAT is 36% overall.

RTC Terms July 2012

Real Time Claims operates entirely on a no win no fee basis, this means that if your claim is not successful , for whatever reason, then you will not pay a single penny. Should your claim be successful then Real Time Claims will invoice you for 30% of the compensation recovered. You do not pay us until you are paid, so you are never out of pocket.
    so same amount

Feb 2012
    Real Time Claims operates entirely on a no win no fee basis, this means that if your claim is not successful , for whatever reason, then you will not pay a single penny. Should your claim be successful then Real Time Claims will invoice you for 30% of the compensation recovered. You do not pay us until you are paid, so you are never out of pocket.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Many thanks.
      No they definitely agreed a 25% + vat when they originally asked us and we agreed to use them.
      I have the previous invoices that state this.
      It says Fee 25% as per contract.
      Would i email them saying this do you think?

I had previously printed off a 'What to look out for' from MSE website. Where in their list at question No.1 to ask a company was Do you charge a max of 25%+VAT. then says If higher, ignore the firm.
      Off the back of that in the original call i said .....i note you charge 30%+ so thank you but we will use another company that i know charge 25%. They actually rang me back within an hour to say they would like to work on our behalf and would charge the 25. As i say i do have invoices to prove that is what i had paid on previous occasions.
      Last edited by mooohop; 3rd February 2016, 15:52:PM.

Comment

Well that's brilliant- that you have the documents I mean.... Is it 25% plus VAT ? as that would be 30%.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No definitely says Fee at 25% As per contract.

In the fee it says VAT @ (20%)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X