• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

Typical of me to not say hi first, oh well, better late than never and all that, well, this is a brilliant forum, I have been reading many of the posts on here with interest, especially though not exclusively regarding PPI mis-selling and claiming it back etc, well, as I mentioned on my first post here, I put in a claim for mis-selling of PPI on my credit card to my bank via a claims management company (yeah I know...not popular are they??) because I couldn't really be bothered to do it myself, especially if my bank decided to play hard ball like some have been known to, now, this was back in early November last year, the CMC did say that I can expect my bank to try to send me offers of redress if it's upheld but they advised not to sign anything and take any offers but instead forward it to them just in case the offer might be less than I'm entitled to.

I never got any offers in the post from my bank but what I did get about 6 weeks ago was a premium and rebate refund which I can only presume is the redress but it went on my credit card as it was in arrears and over-limit, I didn't mind this because it helped to cover a lot of the arrears and put it back in credit for a while but what I thought was odd was that I have not had anything in writing to confirm that the complaint was upheld, I can only presume from this refund that it was but as I have had nothing to confirm it from the bank I don't know which way to take it, I rang the CMC and they say it's still being processed in final stage so does this mean that I might get more??, the refund looks to me to be a refund of premiums plus 8% but what I'm not sure about is if I accumulated any compound interest and also I was wondering about other charges that I might not have incurred had I not had PPI, I would have thought this should be included in the redress along with a reconstruction of my account should it not??.

As I say, I wasn't sent this as an offer from the bank, they've just auto paid it into my credit card account with no correspondence so technically I haven't accepted this, I haven't signed to say I accept this although I might have done had it been sent in writing via the CMC along with an explanation of how it's been worked out, I guess my questions really are should something have been sent in writing first before the bank did this and could there be more that I might be getting once the CMC have finished negotiations with them??, thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Hi all

Whatever you have received from them even though it has been put on to your credit card the CMC will want their fee too.

Comment

Welcome to Legal Beagles.

Please can you let me know which CMC you are using and agree with Enaid if you have had a refund direct from your credit card provider I am sure your CMC will want that percentage.

A good idea would be to contact your card provider and ask them for a breakdown of the refund which they have put into your account, as after how do you know that this is the correct figure?

Normally the bank would want you to sign a form that you accept the refund before funds are put to your account.

Originally posted by Mysrerio View Post
      Typical of me to not say hi first, oh well, better late than never and all that, well, this is a brilliant forum, I have been reading many of the posts on here with interest, especially though not exclusively regarding PPI mis-selling and claiming it back etc, well, as I mentioned on my first post here, I put in a claim for mis-selling of PPI on my credit card to my bank via a claims management company (yeah I know...not popular are they??) because I couldn't really be bothered to do it myself, especially if my bank decided to play hard ball like some have been known to, now, this was back in early November last year, the CMC did say that I can expect my bank to try to send me offers of redress if it's upheld but they advised not to sign anything and take any offers but instead forward it to them just in case the offer might be less than I'm entitled to.

I never got any offers in the post from my bank but what I did get about 6 weeks ago was a premium and rebate refund which I can only presume is the redress but it went on my credit card as it was in arrears and over-limit, I didn't mind this because it helped to cover a lot of the arrears and put it back in credit for a while but what I thought was odd was that I have not had anything in writing to confirm that the complaint was upheld, I can only presume from this refund that it was but as I have had nothing to confirm it from the bank I don't know which way to take it, I rang the CMC and they say it's still being processed in final stage so does this mean that I might get more??, the refund looks to me to be a refund of premiums plus 8% but what I'm not sure about is if I accumulated any compound interest and also I was wondering about other charges that I might not have incurred had I not had PPI, I would have thought this should be included in the redress along with a reconstruction of my account should it not??.

As I say, I wasn't sent this as an offer from the bank, they've just auto paid it into my credit card account with no correspondence so technically I haven't accepted this, I haven't signed to say I accept this although I might have done had it been sent in writing via the CMC along with an explanation of how it's been worked out, I guess my questions really are should something have been sent in writing first before the bank did this and could there be more that I might be getting once the CMC have finished negotiations with them??, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
        Whatever you have received from them even though it has been put on to your credit card the CMC will want their fee too.
        Absolutely, how much is the % fee for the CMC? How is this going to be paid?

As for expecting more than refund of premiums + 8% I would be doubtful. A CMC will actually put in the bare minimum of effort so will not have tried to get any extra contractual interest. The issue of consequential charges 'had you not paid PPI' is also not a standard claim matter so will not even have been considered.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
          Welcome to Legal Beagles.

Please can you let me know which CMC you are using and agree with Enaid if you have had a refund direct from your credit card provider I am sure your CMC will want that percentage.

A good idea would be to contact your card provider and ask them for a breakdown of the refund which they have put into your account, as after how do you know that this is the correct figure?

Normally the bank would want you to sign a form that you accept the refund before funds are put to your account.

Well exactly, this is what I'm puzzled about, I'm aware of the CMC fee etc so I'm not so bothered about that, I'll pay that when they send the invoice but it's just the fact of not having had anything in writing to confirm that the complaint was upheld either from the CMC or the bank itself, that's what doesn't add up to me, everything else is fine, if the bank wrote to the CMC to confirm it was upheld then I would expect them to have forwarded that to me with their invoice by now or I would have expected the bank itself to have sent something to me about it, to sign as you say, seems funny to me:confused2:.

Comment

That exactly the point you need to contact your card provider to check what this figure relates too as if you have not signed the forms who did and did it reflect the right amount of interest you were entitled to?

Originally posted by Mysrerio View Post
            Well exactly, this is what I'm puzzled about, I'm aware of the CMC fee etc so I'm not so bothered about that, I'll pay that when they send the invoice but it's just the fact of not having had anything in writing to confirm that the complaint was upheld either from the CMC or the bank itself, that's what doesn't add up to me, everything else is fine, if the bank wrote to the CMC to confirm it was upheld then I would expect them to have forwarded that to me with their invoice by now or I would have expected the bank itself to have sent something to me about it, to sign as you say, seems funny to me:confused2:.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X