• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consortium Reclaim -cold Calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consortium Reclaim -cold Calls

Has any one hard of "Consortium Reclaim" at last five missed calls from the same number and I did pick it up tonight as I was expecting a call from else where.
    Asked for me by a name I do not use and when I asked what they were "selling" told me they were just doing a "public awareness" survey about my "credit" .
    Told them no thanks and put the phone down.
    When I checked the number on "who calls me" turns out they try and get your details, actually tell you to put the up front fees on your credit card as they would then be unenforceable and you would get it back (?!)
    the number that came up was 08009878240
    Be careful DT
    Last edited by dogtired; 24th March 2012, 09:56:AM.
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Re: cold call

Report this to the MoJ and OFT.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

You also need to register with the Telephone Preference Service - it is free!

TPS

Comment

I have had a quick look around the forums this evening and they are starting to be a pain with their cold calling and charging peeps for their services. i doubt whether the MOJ will at this stage do anything yet.

What worries me from what I have read is that they are going for pre 2007 which I would not have thought was not a great idea.

We here on Legal Beagles are preparing our next update to the MOJ on CMC's and their activities directly to the person that counts so I will see if we can include this with our updates to them.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
        Last edited by TUTTSI; 24th March 2012, 07:39:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
          ... Legal Beagles are preparing our next update to the MOJ on CMC's and their activities directly to the person that counts
          Is there only one person in that department who is numerate?

Comment

Very funny CC lol

Dogtired would you have any objection to Admin changing the title to include Consortium Reclaim.

Could read :- Consortium Reclaim - COLD CALLS

It would make it easier for others looking for information to read up on this company good or bad.

From 'WHOCALLS ME' http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08009878240/9

CONSORTIUM RECLAIM IS A TRADING NAME OF CONSORTIUM TECHNOLOGY LTD; CONSORTIUM TECHNOLOGY LTD IS REGISTERED IN ENGLAND & WALES COMPANY REGISTRATION 06860205. REGISTERED OFFICE THE EXCHANGE BUILDING, ADELAIDE STREET, SWANSEA, SA1 1SH, TEL: 0800 987 8240. REGULATED BY THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE IN RESPECT OF REGULATED CLAIMS MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES, https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/ REGISTRATION NUMBER CRM 22143

Name & Registered Office:
            CONSORTIUM TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
            BASEMENT THE EXCHANGE BUILDING,
            ADELAIDE STREET,
            SWANSEA
            WALES
            SA1 1SH
            Company No. 06860205

Date of Incorporation: 26/03/2009

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
            Company Type: Private Limited Company
            Nature of Business (SIC):
            7486 - Call centre activities
            Accounting Reference Date: 31/03
            Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/03/2011 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
            Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2012
            Last Return Made Up To: 26/03/2011
            Next Return Due: 23/04/2012
            Last Members List: 26/03/2011
            Previous Names:No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.UK Establishment DetailsThere are no UK Establishments associated with this company.Oversea Company InfoThere are no Oversea Details associated with this company.
            Last edited by TUTTSI; 24th March 2012, 08:22:AM.

Comment

They been going quite a while too

Consortium Reclaim - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Comment

OK !
                No problems changing title do I do that?
                Already registered with TPS and even they say they cannot monitor all calls.
                DT

Comment

I will ask admin to do it. It will just help others searching the internet to see what is going on.

I can also confirm that we are sending the MOJ details of this company so watch this space......

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                  OK !
                  No problems changing title do I do that?
                  Already registered with TPS and even they say they cannot monitor all calls.
                  DT

Comment

I will ask admin to do it. It will just help others searching the Internet to see what is going on.

I can also confirm that we are sending the MOJ details of this company so watch this space......
                    Just glad I did not continue the conversation, no money in the bank anyways!dt
                    Last edited by dogtired; 24th March 2012, 09:14:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Re: Consortium Reclaim - COLD CALLS

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                      the number that came up was 0800987824
                      It wasn't, as you have omitted the final digit.

However, it is rather helpful for those spivs to use an 0800 number whereby they are charged for every call made to them, as it means one might have some fun with them whilst adding somewhat to their telephone bill.

The trick is to get a lot of people to call their number. It hardly matters if they hang up as soon as they hear the recorded message telling them to press 1 to be robbed blind, etc - another call will have been added to the company's telephone bill.

Get creative! Make up "tart cards" and leave them in pubs and clubs, or do the same for fliers advertising free samples of a new beer...

Comment

Re: Consortium Reclaim -cold Calls

Whoops! Amended it now!

Comment

DT someone posted on MSE I was reading yesterday paid to Consortium £800 many months ago and he cannot get through to them. Good job you were very sensible not to have parted with your money or your credit card money.

Comment

DT someone posted on MSE I was reading yesterday paid to Consortium £800 many months ago and he cannot get through to them. Good job you were very sensible not to have parted with your money or your credit card money.
                            No money anyway! (well not much!)
                            Two cards that I am in dispute with
                            Barclay with FOS for the PPI but on payment plan.
                            Salisbury's which is in dispute and I have posted elsewhere.
                            The only other (alleged) is one with Welcome but they have not provided any evidence that I am liable for the amount they say and this is being dealt with by CAB.
                            DT

Comment

We have unfortunately fallen into the trap of this bunch of scamming swindlers. We have had claims with them for one year and still don't seem to be any further forward despite numerous phone calls. Yesterday, we were again 'fobbed off' with lame excuses and I have now lodged a formal complaint with both themselves and the Ministry of Justice. We are now in a position where we cannot repay the inflated and exorbitant credit card bills having spent £12,000 of our savings on keeping up with repayments. As a result of their cavalier and indifferent business methods we may lose our excellent credit rating and at worse may lose our home.
                              I am posting on as many financial websites as I can find about this gang of robbing crooks. I would be pleased to hear how anyone has got on with them and the Ministry of Justice concerning complaints.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X