• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Confused about Bank Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confused about Bank Smart

Hi

I would have thought that if you were being invoiced for a service that inivoice would state what that service was.

I would have also thought that it should be clear that a fee was payable no matter what the outcome.

There is nothing on the link.

Peter

Comment

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/per...ts/bank-charge judgment3.pdf

HERE IT IS!!

It still makes no sense!!

Comment

Sorry still nothing on that link.

Comment

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/per...-judgment3.pdf

Comment

here it is!!

Comment

Comment

Personally I'd ignore them totally and see what they do. Alongside ignoring them I'd report them to the MOJ.

Comment

Yes
                  to me the minimum fee reads like it is a cut of the winning court action.
                  In other words they get 25% or £99 whichever is the greater.
                  So if the punter only gets £100 back from his claim , he actually recieves £1.

I think that most courts would regard this as enough commission, dont forget this is on top of any costs that they claim.

They could take it to court, but i dont think , given they attitude towards CMCs at the moment it would be very wilse.
                  Peter

Comment

cmcs?

MIL collections are writing to me...

It just irks me when other collection agencies are involved.

what shall I say to bank smart in response to their email?

Comment

CMC's = Claims Management Companies.

MIL is a Debt Collection Agency, in this case working for Banksmart.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

so how shall I respond to bank smart? I'm finding it really stressful.

shall I contact MIL collections?

Comment

I am not saying you should send this , just that if I were in your position in think I would, as said the decision must be yours.
                          Dears Sirs
                          Re account number
                          I am afraid that I am unable to agree that any fee is due under the terms of engagement.
                          The fees you mention appear to be a minimum amount that will be taken from the sum reclaimed.
                          As you point out there has been no sum reclaimed.
                          Legislation requires all contracts must be clear and unambiguous in order to be enforceable.
                          There have been instances where this particular contract has been found unenforceable for the above reasons.
                          If you wish to try and pursue this through the courts, then that is your right; however there is no justifiable reason for continuing any other debt collection activity.
                          To be clear, this debt is in dispute, I refer you to the OFT debt collection guidelines OFT664, where it states that attempting to collect debts whilst in dispute may result in an action for harassment
                          Peter
                          Last edited by Mr.Peterbard; 15th March 2012, 09:29:AM.

Comment

you are so helpful ...thanks!

I've noticed other people are also asking alot of questions about this dodgy company...

shall I write to the press about them?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X