• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DOORSTEP VISIT THREAT - MacKenzie Hall threat letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DOORSTEP VISIT THREAT - MacKenzie Hall threat letter

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    How interesting.

Do you know anything at all about Shelley McIntyre Ltd. which, although a "dormant" company, seems to have a legal charge against Motormile Finance UK Limited?

Its list of directors is also curious ---> link
    Don't know if this helps:

Mr A. McIntyre

appointed 04 Aug 2009
    also director of: EXPRESS MAGS LIMITED 06486008 GSP INTERACTIVE MEDIA GROUP LIMITED 05598119 HOTEL MEDIA BOX (INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY) LIMITED 07007055 HOTEL MEDIA BOX PLC 06551796 MULTIMEDIA MANAGEMENT LIMITED 05523871 SATELLITE ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED 04890743 SOLARNET MEDIA LIMITED 02800348 SPORT TELEVISION LIMITED 04695448

Mr B. Page

appointed 03 Mar 2011
    also director of: MOTORMILE FINANCE UK LIMITED 06637307 MOTORMILE MANAGEMENT SERVICES LIMITED 06645898

Mr N.A. Petty

appointed 03 Mar 2011
    also director of: MOTORMILE FINANCE UK LIMITED 06637307 MOTORMILE MANAGEMENT SERVICES LIMITED 06645898 THE FUNDING GLOBE LIMITED 06637389

Mr A.E. Shelley

appointed 03 Mar 2011
    also director of: ECO KARTS LIMITED 06705746 KIDZSTUFF LIMITED 03091874 NORTHERN LEISURE GROUP LIMITED 01977442 POLLENSA PROPERTY COMPANY LIMITED 07492740 THE JAMES HILL MEMORIAL TRUST 03439057 THIMBLEBY FARMS LIMITED 03160770
    Also, according to this link

Previous names of company SHELLEY MCINTYRE LIMITED

Previous NameDate of changeHOTEL MEDIA BOX (HG) LIMITED11/04/2011
    SHELLEY MCINTYRE LIMITED

Comment

Originally posted by messimoo View Post
      we found diddly squat about this shelly mcinyre ltd at all what gets me is how can you get a legal charge on yourself ?????
      They haven't - the charge was granted by Motormile Finance UK Limited to Shelley McIntyre Limited, which are two separate companies. MMF is active, whilst SMI is, apparently, dormant; both companies share two directors.

I did queary this with TS and they seems to think its all above board
      Which it probably is, apart from making one wonder about how "dormant" SMI really might be

My guess is.that the charge was intended to make SMI a secured creditor should MMF fail, be put into receivership or otherwise be dissolved; it may be sneaky or devious, but it is not illegal.

Servicing that charge might also allow MMF to reduce its liability to pay Corporation Tax.

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all makes sense now thanks for that it was the charge thing that really confused me , I alkso now understand why he went down the IVA route as bankrupcy would have stopped the directorship. clever
        sigpic

Comment

A telephone message was left on my company number which we ignored as they qouted Quick Quid which means nothing to the business.

A few days later I got a text on my private mobile number again quoting Quick Quid and a telepphone number of Mackenzie Hall.

Ive not called and have no intention of doing so but would like to shed some light on what is going on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
            A telephone message was left on my company number which we ignored as they qouted Quick Quid which means nothing to the business.

A few days later I got a text on my private mobile number again quoting Quick Quid and a telepphone number of Mackenzie Hall.

Ive not called and have no intention of doing so but would like to shed some light on what is going on!!
            Have you yourself ever taken out a pay day loan from Quick Quid?

One thing is for sure, they sure as hell should not be calling you at work, and they certainly should not be stating who they if they are asking for a certain individual.
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Since when have you known Mucky Hall - the St Jude of DCAs - only to do what they should?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Since when have you known Mucky Hall - the St Jude of DCAs - only to do what they should?
                I never have known them too - Thats why i said they should not be doing that, so then the Terry knows they shouldn't be doing it either - Just incase he didn't already know. The more who know that the more people we can get to complain about these pathetic little swamp creatures lol.

In fact, my letters to them in the past, were so dam good, that i heard they may be using them as training material of framing them on the walls as examples of what to expect from teaboy2. Though i doubt they understanding my letters, as the words in it contain mainly more than 4 letter words and i believe swamp creatures have difficulty making sense of words greater than 2 or 3 letters. In fact, they only understand the words "yes" "no" and "sir" - As for the words "3 bags full" well.. That bit goes straight over their heads lol
                Last edited by teaboy2; 14th October 2011, 10:07:AM.
                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Hi

I had a loan from Quick Quid, but shortly after my husband got made redundant so could not afford to pay it back in full. They kept ringing me and I explained the situation & tried to make an offer. They would not consider any offer but sent me an email telling me that I should prioritise my debts & contact a DMC. The next time they rang I told them I am my own DMC, quoted what the email said about prioritising my debts and told them I had prioritised and they were at the very bottom. I told them only to contact me in writing and they kept saying "that is not possible & we will continue our collection procedure". I have just recently received a text message telling me to contact mackenzie hall & a letter from said mackenzie hall stating:

Dear Mr J.C (I AM A MRS!)

We write to give you formal notice that Quick Quid has legally assigned the rights to the above debt to Mackenzie Hall Debt Purchase Ltd. This means that Mackenzie Hall Debt Purchases Ltd now legally own the debt.

BLAH BLAH BLAH! with all the IN THE EVENT OF, MAYS, SHOULDS, ETC ETC.

Reading this thread has been of much use to me and I feel a little better now, so thank you.

Jennie

Comment

just curious on this

getting email from motormile finance ref a wage day advance pay day loan that has been assigned to motormile finance, ime sure i paid it off so i will look into that later but

the email is addressed qq@mmile,com

qq is quick quid, so my questions are

1/ is quick quid this motormile finance
                    2/ has muckyhall got anything to do with this outfit

and, have a nose at this statement from them in the email

The file is now being prepared for a Notice of Default to be issued and then for a Doorstep Agent visit to your property to assess your living standards and financial position.

ime so scared, my door step has allrady been sold, no right of access and tort of trespass will see them off not to mention i left that address three years ago. thats why the keep bombarding me with emails.

well they can still wait, emails just get filed.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS MATTER AS COSTS AND INTEREST WILL SHORTLY START TO BE ADDED TO THE ACCOUNT BALANCE AND WILL GREATLY INCREASE THE AMOUNT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY.

on a 30 day loan, the agreement is terminated after 30 days but even so

they cant add costs and interests unless the original agreements allow it in the assignment

seems a complaint to the oft is in order with this lot

Comment

Originally posted by keithposty View Post
                      just curious on this

getting email from motormile finance ref a wage day advance pay day loan that has been assigned to motormile finance, ime sure i paid it off so i will look into that later but

the email is addressed qq@mmile,com

qq is quick quid, so my questions are

1/ is quick quid this motormile finance
                      2/ has muckyhall got anything to do with this outfit

and, have a nose at this statement from them in the email

The file is now being prepared for a Notice of Default to be issued and then for a Doorstep Agent visit to your property to assess your living standards and financial position.

ime so scared, my door step has allrady been sold, no right of access and tort of trespass will see them off not to mention i left that address three years ago. thats why the keep bombarding me with emails.

well they can still wait, emails just get filed.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS MATTER AS COSTS AND INTEREST WILL SHORTLY START TO BE ADDED TO THE ACCOUNT BALANCE AND WILL GREATLY INCREASE THE AMOUNT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY.

on a 30 day loan, the agreement is terminated after 30 days but even so

they cant add costs and interests unless the original agreements allow it in the assignment

seems a complaint to the oft is in order with this lot
                      Lol Don't be scared of these muppets, i had dealings with them from a 2009 pay day loan with quick quid, which i have no records of ever having plus no default notice. I spoke to the owner of motormile, a Mr page i believe, and he didn't even know the legalisation regarding Default notices. So if this guy wants to claim that a DN is now being prepared, when by law it can only be valid and issued by the original creditor before it is assigned to a debt collector, then let them as it will be and invalid DN and unenforceable in court. I would print copies of the email they sent you and attached a letter advising that Default Notices can only be issued by the original creditor prior to the debt being assigned to the OFT, trading standards, watchdog and any other relevant authority of organisation you can think off. Plus uf any doorstep visitor comes tell them to F off as they are committing an act of tort of trepass if turning up without prior agreement or appointment with yourself.

QQ would have sold this debt to mucky hall who would have then sold it to MM.

Comment

that explains things

does not matter though

hell would freeze over befor i contacted this lot
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

that explains things, thanks

hel would freeze over before i contacted this lot
                        Last edited by postggj; 15th October 2011, 16:46:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

One really does wonder if those oafs have ever read the relevant laws - in this case, section 87 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (link)

Comment

Doorstep Agents Visit From Motormile

Good Morning,
                            On Friday I have received an envelope hand delivered to my home address including the attached letter.

It is regarding a loan I took with Quick Quid. Depsite several letters to QQ and later to McKenzie Hall that took over that debt, they seem to ignore an important fact I have repaid a part if this loan. Also, I originally offered £60 per month repayment plan, but again they ignored me demanding a full amount.

Not only they demand incorrect amount which I think is illegal, but they threaten with home visits. I did give QQ and McKenzie Hall a chance to come up with a reasonable repayment plan, but they never responded to my offer. Instead they harrased me with phone calls and letters.

Now, McKenzie Hall has given up and sold the debt to Motormile Finance that is trying to scare me with home visits and legal actions.

Can anyone tell me few following things:
                            - do they have a right to such visits
                            - what they can do when they arrive at my doorstep
                            - what are my rights
                            - what would be their next move if i do not respond to their letter
                            - shall I post them copies of all letters I sent to McKenzie Hall

I will much appreciate your kind advice.

Thank you so much.

N

Comment

Re: Doorstep Agents Visit From Motormile

This should be of interest - esp post#39

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...d.php?p=229736
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Doorstep Agents Visit From Motormile

Hi
                                We will go into more detail later but briefly.
                                They have no right in law to visit you at your home if you do not want them to. If they do call you can just tell them to go away and shut the door in their face. If they do not leave you can phone the police they are committing trespass.
                                You need to keep a record of all contact with these people, dates times and what was said.
                                Make it clear that you will only communicate with them in writing. If they ring refuse to answer their security questions, they are then unable to talk further about the debt.

Do you have details of the initial loan and any correspondence that shows how they derived the amount owed.
                                Peter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X