• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money Claiming Experts & Client Connection ltd???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Money Claiming Experts & Client Connection ltd???

Ronaldo

Out of interest did you actually check with the company to whom you paid your PPI to see if that was the exact amount that was returned to Cento and in turn refunded to you less the agreed fee?

Tuttsi

Comment

Tuttsi

My lender paid me directly, they made me that offer and paid out, then i paid CCR after.

Comment

Beware - I was called by them today and it all sounded too good to be true. So I read around a bit on the web and found "forbes douglas" (who seem very reputable) who Money Claiming Experts state to be their solicitors.

So I rang FD to check them out and maybe deal directly with them. They told me that they no longer deal with MCE or any of its sister companies (Client Connection ltd, etc) because they did not approve of MCE et al. business practices (read into that what you like) and received too many complaints from unhappy MCE et al. customers.

Their advice to me was to NEVER deal with a company that wants money up front EVER as the only motivation for requiring such a payment is because the company is not winning enough of its so called 'no win no fee' cases.

Comment

Andy many thanks for your post and a huge welcome to Legal Beagles.

Furthermore, Forbes Douglas ARE NOT SOLICITORS and neither do the EMPLOY solicitors and I do have this in writing from the MD of Forbes Douglas and Money Claiming Experts should NOT be saying that they are solicitors and even more so if what Forbes Douglas told you is correct why are they still giving out Forbes Douglas's name as their partners.

The Ministry of Justice quite clearly states that you should not pay upfront fees and neither should they be cold calling as they are breaking the terms for holding their licence.

Everything they state they could do for you for a fee can be done FOC on sites like this.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by andyp View Post
          Beware - I was called by them today and it all sounded too good to be true. So I read around a bit on the web and found "forbes douglas" (who seem very reputable) who Money Claiming Experts state to be their solicitors.

So I rang FD to check them out and maybe deal directly with them. They told me that they no longer deal with MCE or any of its sister companies (Client Connection ltd, etc) because they did not approve of MCE et al. business practices (read into that what you like) and received too many complaints from unhappy MCE et al. customers.

Their advice to me was to NEVER deal with a company that wants money up front EVER as the only motivation for requiring such a payment is because the company is not winning enough of its so called 'no win no fee' cases.

Comment

Hello everyone on this forum, hope you are all well, i have been reading your views and so called opinions on moneyclaiming experts, i have been dealing with this comany for the past 3 months, the contacted me on my mobile phone about 3 months ago, the lady i spoke to was extremely polite and explained to me about ppi, and about unenforcable credit agreements, i had seen it advertised on tv but i didnt in a million years think it would have applied to me, i HAD 2 mbna credit cards both with a balance of over £4500 (yes i like to spend) the lady i spke to explained that my credit agreements may be unenforcable, she gave me a website for the ministry of justice, so i veryfied on there with the lady, and after speaking to her for around 35 minutes i decided to take a chance and pay the fee of £299.99 which i put on the mbna credit card, they were very prifessional, i had someone else come on the phone after i gave my credit card details, to explain to me again that £299.99 will be taken from my mbna credit card, which i thought was very professional, and also 10 minutes later they also rung me back to give me an authorisation code for the payment, they kept me up to data right throughout the whole process, then i had a letter explaining that my 2 credit cards with mbna were completly written off, and better than that i had £2800 after they took their 30% fee, i have reccomended this company to all of my friends and family, i know there are a lot of conmen out there who just want to take your money and run......but this company is one of the genuine companies out there, im my opinion and my experience this company is spot on and doing an excellent job.....keep up the god work money claiming experts,

Comment

Thank you for your post Gareth and I am really pleased to hear that you had a positive outcome. Unfortunately, so many of our members have not received any money even after paying a year ago, neither are they kept informed and when they telephone or write they cannot get anyone to help them. Do you have a special telephone number and the name of the person they should contact?

Out of interest which solicitors did they use?

Tuttsi

Originally posted by gareth211 View Post
              Hello everyone on this forum, hope you are all well, i have been reading your views and so called opinions on moneyclaiming experts, i have been dealing with this comany for the past 3 months, the contacted me on my mobile phone about 3 months ago, the lady i spoke to was extremely polite and explained to me about ppi, and about unenforcable credit agreements, i had seen it advertised on tv but i didnt in a million years think it would have applied to me, i HAD 2 mbna credit cards both with a balance of over £4500 (yes i like to spend) the lady i spke to explained that my credit agreements may be unenforcable, she gave me a website for the ministry of justice, so i veryfied on there with the lady, and after speaking to her for around 35 minutes i decided to take a chance and pay the fee of £299.99 which i put on the mbna credit card, they were very prifessional, i had someone else come on the phone after i gave my credit card details, to explain to me again that £299.99 will be taken from my mbna credit card, which i thought was very professional, and also 10 minutes later they also rung me back to give me an authorisation code for the payment, they kept me up to data right throughout the whole process, then i had a letter explaining that my 2 credit cards with mbna were completly written off, and better than that i had £2800 after they took their 30% fee, i have reccomended this company to all of my friends and family, i know there are a lot of conmen out there who just want to take your money and run......but this company is one of the genuine companies out there, im my opinion and my experience this company is spot on and doing an excellent job.....keep up the god work money claiming experts,

Comment

I had a cold call a while ago from money claiming experts but told them i wasnt interested, then a couple days later i had another one, i wasnt impressed. I actually took the call this time to see what they had to say. The lady on the phone was full of information and yes i did have a shock when they told me how much it would cost to process it. I'm a single working mum and didnt have the funds. I asked her to call me back in a few weeks while i got the money together.

After time had passed i didnt want to do it because id found bad forums just like this so when the lady called me back i told her i didnt need the service. She talked me round with her sales pitch ...lucky i had some money come through so i went ahead with it. I knew i was protected by my card to claim the money back.

I had my pack in 2 days and found it mind boggling. I called their customer services and they went through it step by step.they were very helpfull.

Now a few months later i am £5800 better off in my bank account because i didnt know i had ppi on my loans and car finance. my claim is still going through for other claim areas.

I am very greatful they called me back and would like to just ask for every member who is not happy with money claiming experts.......and please dont take these the wrong way as i dont mean to offend but.....
                1. have you actually used their service??
                2. if not why post a bad forum??

I always thought forums were for people to share experiances. if i had listened to these forums i wouldnt have had the money and being a single mum i need all the money i can get.

The money is now going into a fund for my son. I thank money claiming experts for their help and advice in helping me provide a better future for my son.

Comment

I'm very pleased it worked out for you, but how much was your claim in total?

Comment

Well done Mummy 1, for posting up your experience with this company. There are still a lot of people who have not yet been as lucky as you and I do hope that they will also receive some compensation in due course. Some of them have waited now for well over a year.

Can I please ask what actually was your claim for? ie Bank, Credit card. Mortgage charges,or mis sold PPI? it would be interesting to see what they did for you. Alsom how much did they charge you originally and what deduction in commission did they take from your final payment?

Tuttsi

Comment

This forum is turning into a joke!!!

i have felt the need to voice this opinion from monitoring the responses received for people having successful claims with MCE/CCR.

at least 3 people on this page alone have had a positive experience with this company and yet those experiences have been tarnished by a negative way to look at it.

The administrators responses always start with "well done" or "congratulations" or "im pleased for you". These seemingly positive comments are then followed up with a big "BUT". This always leads onto very accusitive questions being asked about the companys practices or fees or what they have actually done to acheive a result.

I dont think any of that information is relevant and i have a few reasons why.

1 - If the company hadnt phoned these people they probably wouldnt have done anything like this in the first place as most people wouldnt be aware of it. (i certainly wasnt)
                      2 - The company tells you from the start that they take a payment off your card upfront which you agree to on the phone.
                      3 - the company also tells you that they take 30% from any money you are rewarded, not only on the phone but in writing by e-mail and in the claims pack.
                      4 - finally, if the customer is happy with the result does it matter how the company has acheived that result?

I honestly cannot understand now, exactly what the intentions of the people giving "advice" on this forum are? maybe you could explain TUTTSI or AMY?
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      Sorry but i also need to add the facts.

This forum started on 17th April 2009 by TUTTSI, obviously this is generally the first thing people see and seeing as its now almost 18 months old, it doesnt contain very accurate, up to date information. i think this needs to be ammended to reflect the truth.

ie: i shall no quote from that post

"1. Basically, I have not heard of one person so far who has been sucessful, but that is not to say that there have not been any."

THERE HAS BEEN, THEY HAVE POSTED ON LATER PAGES.

2.The solicitors they have stated to many people that they use are Forbes Douglas, I have evidence from the MD of Forbes Douglas that they are not solicitors and neither do they have any solicitors employed by them, they are in fact another claims managment company. So again if they make these references you must check out what they are saying is correct.

THEY DO NOT USE FORBES DOUGLAS AND HAVENT DONE SO FOR QUITE SOME TIME, MY CLAIM WENT TO "LEGAL REDRESS" WHO USE "CHATWINS SOLICITORS".

3. If your claim progresses to the next stage they may ask for more money and they may also get you to sign away an additional 30% of any money they recover for you.

I WAS NEVER ASKED FOR ANY MORE MONEY AND WAS MADE AWARE THAT THEY WOULD BE KEEPING 30% RIGHT FROM THE START.

4. If you decide to use them, you should check their T & C's before entering into any agreement IMHO and definately before you pay any money over.

THEY SEND YOU AN E-MAIL WITH ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND PRE-CONTRACTUAL INFORMATION ON THE SAME DAY BEFORE YOU PAYMENT IS TAKEN.

5. Get everything in writing before entering into any agreement, unless you are recording your phonecalls.

SAME ANSWER AS ABOVE

6. Do your research thoroughly before using them or any other claims management company, before parting with your money. There are loads of resources on the internet.

YES, THERE ARE, BUT UNFORTUNATELY THIS FORUM IS THE FIRST THING THAT POPS UP WHEN YOU DO "RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET"

Finally, some of the advice on this forum consistently refers to "Large numbers of customers" it has even been stated several times "millions of customers" are still waiting for their claim, or still trying to get hold of CCR and not getting any response. i have noticed that on the original forum there have been only 508 replies, obviously some of these replies are going to be from the same people and administrators taking and giving "advice" so this number can be at least halved!

CCR must have tens of thousands of customers with ongoing claims, if the vast majority of them are unhappy with the company, where are they? Who are these "large numbers" of customers? To me it seems like you cannot make such claims to every visitor of this forum without substantial firgures to back it up!
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      Please refer to the following link http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=16630

This takes you to the first page on the original forum started by TUTTSI

Out of the 26 posts on the very first page, 15 replies are from VIP members or site administrators.

7 out of those 15 replies are from TUTTSI herself.

The remaining 11 posts are from people who havent taken up CCR's service, most of which havent even been called by them.

On that basis i have no idea actually how many replies are from actual customers who have paid for their service and not received it or are unhappy about it, and frankly i dont have the time to trawl through each page, however it is obvious from the first page stats that it is less much less than half of the 508 replies, nowhere near the amount of people it is claimed to be.

"MILLIONS" lol
                      Last edited by ronaldo; 7th July 2010, 12:00:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldo View Post
                        I honestly cannot understand now, exactly what the intentions of the people giving "advice" on this forum are? maybe you could explain TUTTSI or AMY?
                        I do apologise. Perhaps you could explain which part of my one sentence posted on this thread is confusing to you.

Likewise the quote from Tuttsi you have posted "Basically, I have not heard of one person so far who has been sucessful, but that is not to say that there have not been any."

Followed by: THERE HAS BEEN, THEY HAVE POSTED ON LATER PAGES.

Perhaps you should read her sentence again, particularly the latter part.

6. Do your research thoroughly before using them or any other claims management company, before parting with your money. There are loads of resources on the internet.

YES, THERE ARE, BUT UNFORTUNATELY THIS FORUM IS THE FIRST THING THAT POPS UP WHEN YOU DO "RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET"
                        The whole point of 'research' is to research a subject as fully as possible in order to furnish oneself with information, both facts and opinions. 'Research' is not an instruction and presumably there are other sites with some positive information.

7 out of those 15 replies are from TUTTSI herself.
                        Tuttsi is as much entitled to her opinion and to post it here as you are. I do not see your point.

Comment

Good afternoon,i had a call from these fine upstanding citizens today which , sounded too good to be tru and awoke the suspicious side of my nature.

Apart from everything else ive read on here today,Money Claiming Expert told me that as my limit had been raised on my card without me knowing then it was invalid and they would get back every penny thats owed on the card along with the PPI and also the initial £299 fee.

Is this even possible,as after all, i do owe money on the card.

Its been an interesting read thus far.

Liam

Comment

This Unsolicited credit limit increases claim comes off the back of a government consultation earlier this year.

You can read this A Better Deal for Consumers: Review of the Regulation of Credit and Store Cards | Consultations | BIS

There is no case law that backs up MCE's claim that a raise in a credit limit on a credit card without prior agreement by the customer is unlawful, or that the term in contracts which allows a company to amend credit limits up and down from time to time is unfair.

The Consumer Credit Directive will create a new legal requirement to conduct credit checks before offering a higher credit limit.

I can't see that under UTCCR a term allowing increase of a credit limit can make a whole agreement unenforceable as the rest of the terms can stand alone, and it isn't against the CCA at all.

The PPI, if you feel it was missold (eg you werent given a choice of having it, it wouldnt have covered you anyway etc) then yes you are likely to get that back (but seriously thats a case of a couple letters to the c/card company and if they dont pay up a complaint to the FOS (which is very simple).
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

well,ill let you know,ive just shelled out the cash,filled in the forms,all with a gaurantee that if i have no claim i will get a full refund,what is there to lose!!

Comment

Well how long have you got before you are entitled to a refund?

Good Luck

Originally posted by littlesammy View Post
                                well,ill let you know,ive just shelled out the cash,filled in the forms,all with a gaurantee that if i have no claim i will get a full refund,what is there to lose!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X