• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ROBERTSON HOLBROOK - Failure to settle Customer Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ROBERTSON HOLBROOK - Failure to settle Customer Claims

Put things in writing. how were you made aware that Monument had refunded the money ? double check with Monument. RH are still trading and authorised (goodness knows how!) but as you can see there are others with similar issues. I also don't know of any successes with them so I can only suggest a formal LBA and then a court moneyclaim to recover the money, although I can imagine it would go undefended and result with you having to issue a warrant to retreive the funds. I have asked someone who has Tim's contact details to find out whats happening so will let you know anything we find out.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi.

I also can't get in touch with RH. I've been trying for a few weeks and the number is disconnected.

Tim won't answer calls and messages, god knows what's going on.

I've searched high and low for an alternative number but can't find a thing.

If anybody has any luck let me know.

Yan

Comment

Hi all,

Update on my situation;

I have now written to Robertson Holbrook

I have emailed them several times

I left telephone messages several times , that is before they dissconnected the number !!

I have had no response whatsoever.... I've been trying for weeks now.

Does anybody know whats going on with this company ?

What can I do now, I am at a loss.

Comment

Court ....
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

What kind of court action are you referring to Amethyst...

As I really don't have a clue, it's the reason why I went with this company.

Would I be better in telephoning Monument Credit Card myself and try to solve it with them directly ? or will that mean I have to start all over again putting everything down in writing again and get nowhere fast.

I have been signed up with Robertson Holbrook for above a year if not nearly two.

This is so depressing

Comment

Have Monument confirmed to you they have made payment to RH for your claim on your behald ? Inform Monument that RH havent passed it on, but I don'texpect they will be too sympathetic, although when budgie spoke with Capital One they did indicate they wouldnt deal further with RH.

If you have a read back through the rest of this thead we did work on a basic claim to enter to court to try and recoup some of the money people have lost. I'll find the links to the specific posts.

A moneyclaim is simply done online, and will cost you an upfront fee depending on the claim amount.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

this one LBA POC to claim a settlement from a CMC - Page 2 - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Address

ROBERTSON HOLBROOK LTD
                  REGUS BUSINESS CENTRE, FALCON
                  DRIVE, CARDIFF BAY
                  CARDIFF
                  CF10 4RU
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I read the links Amethyst, thank you.

Anyway on another interesting note I decided to contact Monument direct and this was what I was told;

"We can no longer discuss this account with you, this account has been passed onto a company called JCIAC (JC INTERNATIONAL ACQUISITION CORPORATION). We no longer hold any information in regards to this account. "

This company is located in Nevada !!

Checking back on some of my old paperwork I found a letter from Robertson Holbrook dated 21st September 2007 where they informed me they were chasing Monument on my behalf for charges.

I have also come across another old letter from Monument dated 13th August 2009 stating my account was being closed and passed to another firm

This is where we arrive at JCIAC

Yet my last letter from Roberton Holbrook dated 7th January 2010 stated they had RECEIVED an offer to refund full charges from Monument amounting to £576.00 which is the amount left after they have taken their costs of £350.00

So how long have Robertson Holbrook had the offer ?

So I cannot get Robertson Holbrook to talk to me !!, Monument refuse to discuss the account with me any longer !!

I basically think this means I've blown it.......

Comment

Hmmmm have a read of DK0909 V Monument

Are you indebted to monument still ?

So there is no confirmation that RH actually accepted the offer ? Did you respond to that communication - and were they asking for the £350 before they accept the offer or was it simply to be taken from the refund and the remainder sent on to you.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

PM sent to Amethyst

Comment

Thanks Dazzlar, I have replied. If you have a search on the main word on here there's a fair bit of info about the situation.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Robertson Holbrook Ltd Cardiff Financial products/services Authorisation Cancelled 22/07/2010
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: ROBERTSON HOLBROOK

I have just read this thread on the LB forum using a link from MSE Forums thread on RH and learntthat RH authorisation has been cancelled, wef 22/07/10 and that this info on the MOJ website was last updated today 21/08/10. Interestingly, we have today recieved a letter (giving notice of legal action against my husband, as it is his claim matter) from RH dated 19/08/10 asking for an outstanding balance to the amount of £305.43.
                              I have written to BBudgie and Esmerellda on the original thread on MSE forums asking for next course of action. However, having used the LB site and having read about RH authorisation been cancelled, raises a question in my mind: Should they be trading? (Authorisation cancelled- the business has been authorised by the Regulator but its authoristion has been cancelled. The business is not authorised to provide regulated services. )

The letter gives a direct number 07544731728 if we wish to discuss the situation with writer of the letter- Russell White. Makes me think that if RH want to be contacted they will attendto you, else you keep trying their contact numbers and there is no luck for wekks, months. We are not going to contact them hastily anyway.

What do you think of all this, Amethyst? Thought we had to share this on this forum as well?

Bill86

Comment

Hi Bill
                                Can't believe the have the damn cheek to chase you for this again.

For ease this is the story of Bills case
                                Ref: Robertson Holbrook
                                After reading the forums about companies that offer to claim money from banks on your behalf, I find that we share similar experiences of many who have used Robertson Holbrook Ltd of Cardiff.
                                In 2006, I have used the letter templates from MSE website to write to our banks and credit card companies demanding the unfair charges back. But when we felt that we could not manage to correspond to banks ourselves due to pressures of work and family circumstances, we heard of RH. Me and my husband decided to engage the services of RH Ltd in Dec 06. We downloaded, filled in and signed the authority forms and bank details and forwarded these to them. We then waited to hear from them soon, in a couple of weeks as you would do if you were doing this yourself. When until about Feb’07 nothing seemed to be happening, we tried contacting RH Ltd. Tried contacting RH through e-mail but no replies. More e-mails, still no replies. Managed to find a telephone number from the net to contact them and finally after many vain attempts, spoke with someone. Even they did not give us satisfying answer about the progress of our case. We were told to wait etc. etc. Finally, when nothing was coming of it and they were not updating us or informing us of the progress over the phone (when we managed to contact them over the phone after several attempts), we emailed RH Ltd to cancel our agreement with them. No acknowledgement was made of that email too. After a few weeks (June ’07), we also posted a letter (stating the same as the e-mail- that we did not want them to pursue our reclaiming on our behalf and that we were terminating the signed agreement with them). No acknowledgement yet again. Meanwhile in Dec ’06 I received my first refund- approx £500 from HSBC bank as a result of my own efforts that I made before engaging the services of RH Ltd that year.
                                Now today, after 2 and a half years (!!), my husband gets a letter from some Robertson Holbrook Consumer Recovery, demanding a remittance constituting their fees in the form of interest as per our signed terms of instruction. His credit card company has indeed made a credit to his outstanding credit card balance a few days ago. But firstly the amounts on RHCR letter and credit applied to account do not match/ correspond with each other. Also, we stopped RH Ltd to act on our behalf with effect from June ’07, so how can they be still on our case? What should we make of this letter from RHCR? We can’t bear anyone claiming our money.
                                Could anyone reply to this to let us know where we stand with this? Is there anyone else in the same boat as us? Will appreciate some advice/guidance on this please.

Many thanks,
                                Bill86

I'll get the letters on here too Bill and DON'T RING them, everything needs to be in writing, we'll WRITE back to that letter you have received and tell them to burger off.

Give me a bit xx

Ame /Esme xx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X