• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Secret Millionaire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret Millionaire

Secret Millionaire leaves claims agents in limbo

Tony Hetherington, Financial mail
    13 September 2009, 3:18pm

Two hundred credit advisers who paid to become local agents of a compensation claims company linked to TV's Secret Millionaire Chek Whyte face an uncertain future after he was declared bankrupt with debts of £30m.
    Meanwhile, it was also revealed that the company's only director had been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud.

Barrington Whyte Consumer Credit Services, which also calls itself Credit Compensation UK, is licensed by the Ministry of Justice to help victims of overcharging by banks and insurance companies.
    The York-based company has held meetings at Whyte's country mansion in Leicestershire, where would-be agents are wooed.
    For £1,695, plus a further £86 a month, they can operate and advertise under the company's name.
    Victims of financial services mis-selling are charged £495 for help with reclaiming bank charges or insurance premiums, and the agent keeps £200 while the balance goes to the company.
    The business is halfowned by property developer Chek Whyte, who starred in Channel 4's Secretmaire programme, visiting Salford to give away thousands of pounds to good causes.
    Whyte was declared bankrupt two weeks ago after failing to pay money owed to a Manchester furniture company. It was then revealed that he owed taxes estimated at severalm pounds.
    He has been bankrupted at least twice before, originally under the name Anthony Beardsley.
    He is currently serving a ten-year ban that prohibits him from acting as a company director because of misconduct in the Nineties.
    Mark Hodgson, who is the sole director of Whyte's consumer advice company, denied that his bankruptcy had affected trading. 'We were not even aware of it until three days later,' he said.
    But he added: 'We do not know what will happen to Chek's shares. He is 50% owner and I assume this will go in the bankruptcy.'
    Hodgson himself was a director of Century Mortgages Limited, which was shut down nine years ago after a Department of Trade investigation.
    He was arrested last January over the collapse of Challenor Property Developments and has been freed on bail while inquiries continue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkvmqds7xo

Re: The Secret Millionaire

Leopards do not change their spots.

£25 million of his debt is owed to Yorkshire Bank, Allied Irish Bank, Bank of Ireland and Royal Bank of Scotland so it's not all bad news.

Comment

Excellent, on both parts.

Not for the credit 'advisers' mind.

Nice to have it confirmed just what kind of people are involved in ruinning these companies. I just wish people would do some decent research before handing over hundreds, or in 'advisers' cases sometimes thousands of pounds.

BARRINGTON WHYTE CONSUMER CREDIT SERVICES LTD
      creditcompensation.co.uk, Mark Hodgson, Peter Carbert, Chris Douglas,
      Challenor Properties,
      Century Mortgages Limited, eforyou.com, Xotic Ltd,
      Stanford Hall, Chek Whyte, Barrington Whyte Ltd

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Wow,

Thanks for the thread.

I wonder what those credit advisers are going to do now?

Also, I remember attending a Challenor Property meeting about 3 years ago at the Hilton hotel in Islington, North London.

I hadn't realised that they had collapsed.

Regards,
        AdvS1

Comment

Anyone read Marian Owen - Business Opportunity Watch ? Have really enjoyed myself reading some of her work over the last few weeks.Most enlightening.

Thinking we should write up our digging and delving a bit more formally and publicly.
          Last edited by Tools; 4th October 2009, 13:01:PM. Reason: amended on request
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by AdvS1 View Post
            Wow,

Thanks for the thread.

I wonder what those credit advisers are going to do now?

Also, I remember attending a Challenor Property meeting about 3 years ago at the Hilton hotel in Islington, North London.

I hadn't realised that they had collapsed.

Regards,
            AdvS1
            The Challenor Property investigation has been a significant one with investors as far as Russia and Australia.

Here's a view of the luxury lifestyle that they led!!

http://tiny.cc/PZiy1

Comment

Hi Main man,

I read the information in that link.
              Oh my goodness. This is far reaching.

So glad I didn't sign up.

I saw quite a few people sitting down with their Reps and I left there wondering how many attendees signed up to 'receive' their services.

There was one really nice lady I met who was there with her brother.
              She gave me her business card.
              I can't remember her name.

They were thinking about signing up with them.

Oh dear.... :tinysmile_cry_t:

Thanks for putting this up.
              AdvS1.

Comment

Google 'Peter Carbert' he has been involved in more scams than I've had hot dinners. One name to avoid like the plague!! PLus of course his partner in crime Mark Hodgson, wonder if he is related to the ex-financial adviser, Richard Hodgson who went to jail for fraud. What's that - he is!! Well Well.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

BARRINGTON WHYTE CONSUMER CREDIT SERVICES LTD
                  creditcompensation.co.uk, Mark Hodgson, Peter Carbert, Chris Douglas,
                  Challenor Properties, Century Mortgages Limited, eforyou.com, Xotic Ltd,
                  Stanford Hall, Chek Whyte, Barrington Whyte Ltd
                  With reference to Challenor I understand Chris Douglas and Richard Hodgson, along with two others will appear before the Court charged with fraudulant trading.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X