• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review

Do you have copies of the emails received from Cento you can post up ? (take off personal info) might help us with how to go about responding and complaining to card co and MOJ.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Very risky. If the card is enforceable do they refund interest charged to that amount as well ?

Also once they have already had the money wheres the incentive for them to work hard on the case and get it through as quick as possible ?

Have we heard of any actual write off cases coming out from cento and their various affiliates ?
      Not one case has so far been reported as receiving any money back whatsoever to my knowledge.

We are talking about cases going back to March09 when Cento first came onto the radar. I would have thought that by now some 9 months latter we would have heard of one or two people getting their write off's payouts but sadly none have been reported.

Comment

OMG!!! Well these threads certainly are annoying Cento.....apparently you are now a disgruntled ex employee Tutts!!

This was over on CAGs Cento thread:

Is this just a new scam???? - Page 4 - The Consumer Forums

New here so please excuse. What concerns me about CENTO. (who called me twice yesterday) is that they are asking me for £199...and not the afformentioned £149 which people are talking about on MSE, Im an orange and here and plenty of other forums. So I asked them about this and they (a guy called Adam) said look, you know how much we charge, £199 NOT £149...thats just forum users trying to bring us down. They also mentioned you Tuttsi and tried saying you were an ex eployee trying to bad mouth them? After reading your posts, thats not how it looks to me.

Their registration to MOJ runs out in March 2010...does this just mean they'll keep you hanging on till then and take the money and run???

Id also be very interested to hear hear if POTLESS 1 recieved anything back at all?

I'm completely naive to these things, but im trying to be vigilant and open to all suggestions. It just sounded interesting to me as I have an Egg card and I believe i was missold it. i wont go into that here but if anyone can offer some help...id be much obliged.

many thanks.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks for posting this up Cel but I have never ever worked for Cento Client Review, so here goes another lie coming from their mouths.

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
          OMG!!! Well these threads certainly are annoying Cento.....apparently you are now a disgruntled ex employee Tutts!!

This was over on CAGs Cento thread:

Is this just a new scam???? - Page 4 - The Consumer Forums

New here so please excuse. What concerns me about CENTO. (who called me twice yesterday) is that they are asking me for £199...and not the afformentioned £149 which people are talking about on MSE, Im an orange and here and plenty of other forums. So I asked them about this and they (a guy called Adam) said look, you know how much we charge, £199 NOT £149...thats just forum users trying to bring us down. They also mentioned you Tuttsi and tried saying you were an ex eployee trying to bad mouth them? After reading your posts, thats not how it looks to me. NOT TRUE I have never ever worked for them.

Their registration to MOJ runs out in March 2010...does this just mean they'll keep you hanging on till then and take the money and run???

Id also be very interested to hear hear if POTLESS 1 recieved anything back at all?

I'm completely naive to these things, but im trying to be vigilant and open to all suggestions. It just sounded interesting to me as I have an Egg card and I believe i was missold it. i wont go into that here but if anyone can offer some help...id be much obliged.

many thanks.
          Last edited by TUTTSI; 16th December 2009, 08:53:AM.

Comment

new update i rang my credit card company today told them what had happened and they said they could do nothing because i gave them my credit card details over the phone allthough it was for the origanal transaction and not for the 3k

Comment

Just wondered if you are still within the 14 day cancellation period with Cento? - sounds like they acted so quick I just wondered if anyone could say whether you could reclaim all payments if within the 14 days?
              Linda.

Just as an after thought - I have read the content of my terms and conditions with Cento and it states

"How much will it cost? Our fees are paid as a pecentage of the claim if it is successful. This means we only get paid (if the claim succeeds) out of the compensation recovered for you. If we win a claim on your behalf we take a fee of 25% (plus VAT) of the compensation amount. There is no Service Charge payable in respct of an unforceable loan or credit card claim. You receive the rest. If we fail to secure compensation you owe us nothing"

Surely this means they cant claim the fee in advance? Maybe Im misreading it, Im sure someone more in the know will answer.
              Last edited by RedRose; 16th December 2009, 19:07:PM. Reason: Added content

Comment

Very good point RedRose. I for one am getting concerned about Cento's erratic behaviour. Their licence expires in March....I'm not a betting gal but I seriously doubt they will get a renewal.

My fear is if they then go insolvent, taking everyones money with them.

Then they set up a new company to start over again.

It angers me that the MOJ take fees to licence these companies, but don't pay attention to clear breaches when they are staring them in the face.

Please, can we have some posts from people who have had success with this company? I sincerely hope this is possible.......
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

does the 14 day cool off period apply to them by the way still nothing in writing from them

Comment

After you paid the first payment did they send you terms and conditions in writing and then letters of authority and agreement which you have to return for each claim?

Comment

Hi
                      Finally got a letter from Legal Redress today re my loan with Abbeyloan. Some initial blurp and then
                      "Having reviewed your loan agreement with Abbey we can report that there is an argument challenging the way that the lender has calculated the amount of credit and repayments set out on the loan agreement. That particular argument falls within the parameter of a number of test cases that are currently coming before the Courts in England and Wales. In particular there is a case being appealed to the Supreme Court which will have very important implications for unenforceable loan claims"

They go on to say their Solicitors advise it is appropriate to await the outcome of these cases and in the mean time I should continue to make the agreed payments to Abbey.

At least it looks like something has been done and I have something in writing.
                      Linda.
                      Last edited by RedRose; 21st December 2009, 21:17:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I was phoned by them 2 weeks ago telling me they could recover all loan and credit cards if they could find any of the 18 faults within the credit agreements. They told me it was no win no fee and they would take 30% of any funds they could get me. They told me these can go back as far as 1974 for loans and 1990 for credit cards. In the early 90s I was a late teen with no idea of being careful with money. I took out loans with ppi and credit card bills were always being charged for late payments and going over agreed limits so I gave told them all this. Also at present have a northern rock loan with less than £2000 left owing. Never heard anything until 4 days ago when they rung me to tell me that the solicitor was very interested and needed to send me a claims pack out so they could get the ball rolling. I was asked to verify name and address and d.o.b. Did all this was then told all I had to do now was pay for the claims pack £299.95. They told me to pay on credit card because if nothing happens I can request the credit card company to reclaim the funds back. They said the payment was because sometimes creditor contact the customer instead of there solicitor so the fund is to protect the solicitor but would be refunded when all cases were closed. I refused to give credit card details because I didn't know who they were so they gave me m.o.j website and a number to check to verify they were genuine. Any body got any advise as to wether I pay them or not ????

Comment

Hi Mia
                          As you will see from this thread there is yet to be any body posting on here who has been successful, I paid my money back in June (interestingly much less than the fee they are asking you for) and I get passed from one story to the next each time I call them for an update. On the flip side when I asked a similar question here it was pointed out to me that people with success stories often don't report them on sites. I wouldn't like to advise either way but it seems that all that they offer to do can be done by consumers ouselves for a far smaller cost and there are a lot of threads / letters etc on here which can help. I'm only a site user not an editor so I am sure someone will get back to you soon. Linda.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRose View Post
                            Hi
                            Finally got a letter from Legal Redress today re my loan with Abbeyloan. Some initial blurp and then
                            "Having reviewed your loan agreement with Abbey we can report that there is an argument challenging the way that the lender has calculated the amount of credit and repayments set out on the loan agreement. That particular argument falls within the parameter of a number of test cases that are currently coming before the Courts in England and Wales. In particular there is a case being appealed to the Supreme Court which will have very important implications for unenforceable loan claims"

They go on to say their Solicitors advise it is appropriate to await the outcome of these cases and in the mean time I should continue to make the agreed payments to Abbey.

At least it looks like something has been done and I have something in writing.
                            Linda.
                            An application for permission to appeal to the Supreme Court, was lodged on 2nd December 2009 in the Heath/SPML case - http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup...method=boolean

also have a look at the test case last week http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2009/3417.html

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles

We so far have not found one single person who has recovered any money whatsoever and this goes back to last March when they first came on the scene.

The MOJ web site states that you should not be paying upfront for claims managment fees and that they are not allowed to cold call you.

I certainly would not give any more personal info than you have already given and that my friend is too much info already.

You are right to be cautious, do loads of research before parting with your hard earned cash.

Take some time and look arround these forums and you will see that anything they can do for you can be achieved here without costing you any money and without giving your personal information to third parties. After all how did they get your phone number in the first place?

Tuttsi

Originally posted by Mia0710 View Post
                              I was phoned by them 2 weeks ago telling me they could recover all loan and credit cards if they could find any of the 18 faults within the credit agreements. They told me it was no win no fee and they would take 30% of any funds they could get me. They told me these can go back as far as 1974 for loans and 1990 for credit cards. In the early 90s I was a late teen with no idea of being careful with money. I took out loans with ppi and credit card bills were always being charged for late payments and going over agreed limits so I gave told them all this. Also at present have a northern rock loan with less than £2000 left owing. Never heard anything until 4 days ago when they rung me to tell me that the solicitor was very interested and needed to send me a claims pack out so they could get the ball rolling. I was asked to verify name and address and d.o.b. Did all this was then told all I had to do now was pay for the claims pack £299.95. They told me to pay on credit card because if nothing happens I can request the credit card company to reclaim the funds back. They said the payment was because sometimes creditor contact the customer instead of there solicitor so the fund is to protect the solicitor but would be refunded when all cases were closed. I refused to give credit card details because I didn't know who they were so they gave me m.o.j website and a number to check to verify they were genuine. Any body got any advise as to wether I pay them or not ????

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                An application for permission to appeal to the Supreme Court, was lodged on 2nd December 2009 in the Heath/SPML case - http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup...method=boolean

also have a look at the test case last week http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2009/3417.html

Thank you - I will have a careful read of these tomorrow.
                                Linda.
                                Last edited by RedRose; 27th December 2009, 21:47:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X