• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ingenious Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingenious Legal

Good Morning.

Very glad I found you !

In around 2018 I answered one of those links to see "how much PPI I can get before the deadline" posts on Facebook. I answer it and think nothing of it.

Last August a cheque drops through my door from my bank quite out of the blue and I thought it was my birthday and had a lovely time. There was no mention at all of Ingenious Legal.

Last November ingenious Legal claims responsibility for this and slaps me with a 24% demand.. to which I ignore as it's absolutely ridiculous and at no point did they ever tell me that was the level of fee... They didn't even contact me for consent to get the money.. all I wanted to know was how much I could get back.

Now they are sending me threatening letters about going to court. I do believe in some kind of fee for the.. something reasonable... What would be reasonable?

I've been looking through the threads and they are very helpful.. what information should I ask them for in the SAR ?

Cheers and thanks for existing!
    Tags: None

Hi Prothean

I'm sure there are threads on the forum about Facebook / PPI, have a search.

In the meantime. I've called someone who knows quite a bit about the way these companies operate. EXC

Comment

Originally posted by Prothean View Post
      Good Morning.

Very glad I found you !

In around 2018 I answered one of those links to see "how much PPI I can get before the deadline" posts on Facebook. I answer it and think nothing of it.

Last August a cheque drops through my door from my bank quite out of the blue and I thought it was my birthday and had a lovely time. There was no mention at all of Ingenious Legal.

Last November ingenious Legal claims responsibility for this and slaps me with a 24% demand.. to which I ignore as it's absolutely ridiculous and at no point did they ever tell me that was the level of fee... They didn't even contact me for consent to get the money.. all I wanted to know was how much I could get back.

Now they are sending me threatening letters about going to court. I do believe in some kind of fee for the.. something reasonable... What would be reasonable?

I've been looking through the threads and they are very helpful.. what information should I ask them for in the SAR ?

Cheers and thanks for existing!
      It's black or white whether you believe that you gave them your informed consent to make a PPI claim or not, so you should either pay the 24% or nothing.

I would SAR them (template here LegalBeagles ) and where it says to ask for specific things, put in:
      • A copy of the signed contractual agreement
      • A copy of the signed letter of authority
      • A copy of the actual PPI claim sent to the lender
      • Copies of all responses to the claim from the lender
      • A copy of the completed 'free PPI check' form
      • A copy of the cancellation form you should have been provided on signing any contractual agreement
      • Evidence that they provided you with a copy of the contractual agreement and cancellation form in a durable medium at the point any contract was struck.

Ask for their response in electronic format (rather than on paper).

When you have the response come back and we can draft a formal complaint.

Comment

Hello again - many thanks for the reply.

I got the SAR back from them by email and this is what they have sent ( personal stuff removed)

Re: Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) We write further to the above-mentioned matter and your email dated 04 April 2022. In your email, we note that you have requested for a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR). Further to your request, please see attached the information for your DSAR. Background On 12 August 2019, we were instructed to act on your behalf when we received an application for us to investigate products held in your name. The following documents were electronically signed and annexed to the application upon submission: - Form of Authority; - Our Terms of Business - Damages Based Agreement Our records show that the application was completed on an Android mobile phone via the Facebook Application. This IP address which was provided at the time of application (82.132.184.37) shows that the Internet Service Provider (ISP) used was Telefonica O2 UK. Please note, the information that was provided at the time of the application is as follows: Name: Date of Birth: Address: Telephone Number: Email Address:

Summary of Claims Ingenious Legal was instructed to act on your behalf on 17 August 2019, when you signed and completed a Form of Authority for us to investigate 6 lenders on your behalf: ( lenders named and one located for a payout)

It is of note that you have requested for a copy of the completed “Free PPI Check” form, however, due to the application being completed online, we do not have a copy of each page you would have visited during the online application. Please note that you instructed our services and not a free PPI check. We would like to highlight that during the online application, you were provided information on free services should you wish to do the process yourself. Before you were eligible to complete and submit the online application, you were required to review and provide their agreement to the Terms of Business (a copy which was previously attached). Terms of Business made clear to the client that we work on ‘No Win, No Fee’ basis and if the client is successful our professional fees are 24% inclusive of VAT. We note that you have requested evidence that the contractual agreement and cancellation form was provided to you in a durable medium. Upon completion of the online application, you had the option to download the documents which were agreed upon and subsequently signed, this complies with the regulations. Furthermore, in the event you wished to receive a copy of the signed contract later, you could have contacted us and requested for copies of the signed documents to be issued to you. In relation to the cancellation form, we can confirm that the cancellation form was in fact provided upon completion of the online application in the correct format to you. Furthermore, during your journey through the online application, we can confirm that a hyperlink to our cancellation form appeared at the bottom of each page that you visited allowing you to access a copy at any time. Additionally, at the time you completed the online application, a copy of our cancellation form was on our website for you to issue to us if you wished to cancel our services. It has currently been removed since we do not sign up any new PPI clients. Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

They have provided me with signed copies of the individual letters of authority to each lender

I just feel totally screwed by this.. i never would have agreed to anything if i knew i was having to pay 24%

Comment

Hiya

I'm away at the moment so give me 10 days or so and I'll draft a complaint.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X