• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newbie - PPI management company - invalid letter of authority...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - PPI management company - invalid letter of authority...

Hi all - I have a hopefully quick query - a "claims management company" is asking me for fees for "achieving a settlement" back in 2020. Thing is, I had also put in a complaint to my bank at around the same time (as the "claims management company" was a "free PPI check" after all) - the bank say it was my action that resulted in the claim settlement offer and that when the claims management company contacted them that the "letter of authority" was invalid as the claim had already been decided. I would be ok paying them if their actions had resulted in the claim settelment but the back say this isn't the case - does anyone have any experience of this?

Many thanks, P.
    Tags: None

Hiya

This is a common issue at the moment.

A few questions:

1. Who is the CMC? (I'm guessing its Quickly Finance or Fast Track Reclaims).

2. Do you have it in writing from the bank about that the claim was already decided and if so could you post up the precise wording?

3. Does the CMC know about the settlement offer/amount?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      Hiya

This is a common issue at the moment.

Many thanks for your time!

A few questions:

1. Who is the CMC? (I'm guessing its Quickly Finance or Fast Track Reclaims). 1. Fast Track Reclaim.

2. Do you have it in writing from the bank about that the claim was already decided and if so could you post up the precise wording? 2. See attached for all I currently have from MBNA - they are sending another document (it apparently was sent on the same date so may be the same document though...) but I don't have that yet.

3. Does the CMC know about the settlement offer/amount?
      3. They have the total figure but have not quoted any other details, but verbally the chap I spoke to at MBNA said they shouldn't have.

The attached is all I currently have so far from MBNA - I did phone them last week and they are sending another document but I suspect as it's the same date it's the same document. But verbally they did say that:

My complaint was what they had responded to - not FTRs.
      FTR did contact them but the "letter of authority was invalid"
      FTR shouldn't have access to the figures because of this.

I will update if/when more information arrives.

Many thanks again!

Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X