• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart IMPORTANT UPDATE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMAZING work Nick and the legalbeagles.
    you’ve come to the rescue for so many of us and we’re all so grateful.
    some of the anxiety and stress is finally released and gives us all one less thing to worry about.
    keep up the good work and happy Xmas to the LB team.
    we owe you our thanks and gratitude

Comment

Superb work team LegalBeagles!

Let us hope that this is the beginning of the end for this bunch of crooks.

Comment

That's excellent news. I battled them and thought I'd won and then after quiet for about 12 months they started again despite previously writing and saying all cases closed. Their antics are appaling and I dread to think of the victims that actually parted with their money. Well done!!!

Comment

Well, after not hearing from Bank Smart for several months I today received a letter from them stating that after reviewing my account, they believed I was owed a refund. I emailed them to question this only to be told it was a small amount &, as I have outstanding invoices with them, they would appreciate my setting up a monthly payment plan to pay these off! I feel they've conned me into allowing them to harass me yet again. The letter was also supposed to be signed for but was in our outdoor letterbox & wasn't signed for by either of us. I thought they were no longer allowed to chase people in any way?

Comment

I'm on it! I'll email FCA and copy you in.

Comment

Hi I was wondering if someone can help my wife in 2017 agreed to pay this company 5 pound a month to clear 340 of apparent debt they said she owed from 2007 even though she never saw any money from a claim. It was all charges and such like.
              Today they have now sent a new letter asking for 500 pounds looks like all charges. We have emailed and they said the extra costs are legal fees even though she agreed over 5 years ago to pay 5 a month and has kept her agreement they have just added more costs to scam her out of money.l it appears looks like A debt that will never be repayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie467 View Post
                Hi I was wondering if someone can help my wife in 2017 agreed to pay this company 5 pound a month to clear 340 of apparent debt they said she owed from 2007 even though she never saw any money from a claim. It was all charges and such like.
                Today they have now sent a new letter asking for 500 pounds looks like all charges. We have emailed and they said the extra costs are legal fees even though she agreed over 5 years ago to pay 5 a month and has kept her agreement they have just added more costs to scam her out of money.l it appears looks like A debt that will never be repayed.
                Hi Stevie

I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be doing that.

Let me have a read of your older posts to get some background. In the meantime please email me the letter nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Comment

Stevie467 I've read your thread and I'd be happy to help but would like some info:

Did Bank Smart discontinue the court claim on the basis that you continued to pay £5 per month?

Have you kept up with these payments since 2017?

Please send me the letter and emails from them.

Comment

Hi all. Just joined as I have been researching bank smart as I am still a client of Bank smart and been looking into the FCA and the restrictions/requirements they have put on symmetric systems ltd/bank smart. I called the FCA today for them to clarify some points raised in 1.1 a. I asked them if this applies to customers who haven't yet put in a cancellation of Thier agreement with them but they wouldn't be more specific around this.

So can I please ask as this has been eating away at me all day as I'm scared of falling into bank smarts trap.

in regards to FCA's requirements 1.1 A.

If I am still a client of Bank smart am I allowed to put in my cancellation with them as of now?

If I do are they allowed to charge me cancellation fees or does the FCA restrictions/requirements allow me to cancel and bank smart are not allowed to pursue me with invoices/charges for cancelling when they haven't completed my outstanding ppi claims?

Or does the FCA requirements 1.1 A. only apply to customers who have put in cancellations in the past?

As I have been with bank smart since the ppi deadline date I have not had any correspondence from bank smart since 2020 event though I have sent 3 emails chasing up my claims and never heard back from them and now I have found out they are just out to scam you I just want rid of them and walk away, it's not about the money any more, I still have 4-5 open ppi claims with bank smart that they have not managed to close so they are still active when I log in to the client log in, however I am not bothered about them getting any further with the remaining ppi claims.

Thanks
                    Nathan

Comment

Sorry I have some more questions from my last thread.

I have also downloaded bank smarts terms and conditions and read their section in regards to cancellation of my agreement and it still states that they will charge me, as well I have looked at their cancellation form and I think it also states the charges I will receive from cancelling my agreement with them. (These terms and conditions do not have a date when these were set)

With that still in place on bank smarts terms and conditions, does that mean they can still charge me a cancellation fee of £400 + vat per claim or does the FCA restrictions/requirements over rule their terms and conditions?

As I am aware that if I fill out the cancellation form I know I have to sign the form which worries me as could I be signing the form to also state that I agree to their terms and conditions around their cancellation policy or again does the FCA restrictions/requirements overrule their terms even though they are still on there?

With this also in mind, what/how do you think I should attack this when I wish to put forward my notice of cancellation with bank smart?

Do you think I should fill out their cancellation form and sign it as well as send with a letter noting the FCA restrictions they have placed on bank smart?

Or is there a better way to go forwards with this.

Thanks
                      Nathan

Comment

Hiya

The Requirements (that they cannot charge you cancellation fees) have no effect on your right to cancel. The FCA contact centre won't explicitly tell you as 1 they're useless and 2 they think they're not allowed to tell you.

Several people here in your position have successfully cancelled without charge by including the cancellation request in a complaint about not being kept updated on their claims. That way Bank Smart know that if they refuse you can go to the Financial Ombudsman with your complaint.

So I'd email their complaints department complaints@bank-smart.co.uk with something like this:

Dear Sirs

Client ID ..........

I wish to make a formal complaint which I expect you to deal with in accordance with FCA DISP complaint handling rules and provide me with an acknowledgement within 5 days and a final response within 8 weeks.

Please note that should I not be entirely satisfied with your response or that if I do not receive one within 8 weeks, I fully intend to take my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman without further notice.

According to my online account there remains several ongoing claims that were initiated in 2019. It is inconceivable that these claims did not expire years ago. Over the course of the last few years, despite me emailing you on at least 3 occasions requesting updates, I have not had any contact from you since 2020.

In any event, this is a clear breach of your regulatory obligation to provide me with updates on the progress of any claims every 6 months. I refer you to FCA CMCOBS 6.1.9.

In resolution of this complaint I wish you to cancel all outstanding claims and confirm that you have done so.

Please note that I am fully aware of the Requirements imposed upon you by FCA on 30 November 2021 which prohibit you from charging any cancellation fee.

Yours

Comment

Brilliant thank you for Ur swift reply on this matter.

So I don't need to do anything else?
                          Just send them the email and nothing else and wait?
                          I don't have to fill out their cancellation form as well?

Are you aware that bank smart are actively reading these emails as I have emailed them at support@bank-smart.co.uk and they have never got back to me.

Will just my client ID be sufficient for them to know who I am along with my name at the bottom of the letter?

Do you recommend I also post them a letter to them incase they ain't actively picking up their emails? Of so would you know what address to send it to?

Your help and knowledge has been amazing with regards to bank-smart.

Thank you
                          Nathan

Comment

That's all you need to do. They always respond to their complaints email address. Your client ID ref is all you need.

Let me know when you've had a response.

Comment

Brilliant. I'm so thankful to of found you and Ur knowledge. I will certainly let u know when it's sent and come back to let you know the out come
                              thank you once again

You have no idea how this has made me feel untill I found you.

Thanks
                              Nathan

Comment

No probs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X