• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Member - Allay Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - Allay Claims

Hello everyone. I've joined as I'm being pestered by Allay PPI despite never having signed a contract with them and a quick search revealed a myriad of people with exactly the same story as mine
    Tags: None

give more details EXC

Comment

Originally posted by SimonG View Post
      Hello everyone. I've joined as I'm being pestered by Allay PPI despite never having signed a contract with them and a quick search revealed a myriad of people with exactly the same story as mine
      Hiya

We'd need to know it bit more to advise. Have you engaged with them at all?

Comment

Many Thanks for welcoming me

Comment

A while ago I started receiving a plethora of mail from Allay, all of which I threw away as I just assumed it was spam mail. I had absolutely no dealings with the company, had never authorised them to act on my behalf etc Indeed I wasn't even aware they were a PPI firm. I had actually sorted out my own PPI reclamation several years earlier with banks and cards I'd had historic accounts with.

Then I got a letter from Lloyds refunding me £1007 for an old loan taken out whilst a student. Allay had initiated claims with all my old accounts without my knowledge, LOA or contract.

I then opened the letters, a host of 'congratulations you've won' etc for several accounts and demands for £300. I contacted Allay and asked for our 'contract', I also contacted the banks and was sent the paperwork Allay had sent in my name. They had forged my signature on all of them. Also Allay don't have my phone numbers, email address or any means of contacting me apart from home address, as I'd never filled out any paperwork.

The main account they want £300 for is an old Lloyds loan - and this is the sticking point, in the old bumpf they sent is the actual LOA giving them permission to act on my behalf with Lloyds, filled in and asking me to sign and send back. Which I never did, of course.

I rang Allay to discuss the matter, using 141 to hide my number and was met with incredible rudeness, they insisted someone in my family had fraudulently set up claims with them in my name and demanded I inform the police. Utterly laughable, at which point I just cut off contact.

I informed the Claims Ombudsman and also the FCA and will make a report with Action Fraud, as they've forged my signature on LOA to Barclays and others.

Yesterday I received the AJB Law letter - again laughable, with its threat that they 'may' take me to court. Extremely difficult as the N1A form which is mandatory for solicitor firms to fill in order to initiate CCJ proceedings insists that they include my telephone number, which they do not have. I also loved the bit where they say they may send a form which I have to send back to them. That'd be a hard, no.

I actually think it'd be quite fun to go to county court, with their no contract, forged signatures and fraudulent documents. But given that it's only £300, I live in London and AJB is in Halifax I very much doubt they'll consider it even worth the effort to have a go.

Most interestingly reading these boards it's clear that Allay has upped the ante this week with a scattergun letter campaign from this ambulance chaser solicitor's firm. Interesting because two weeks ago I was contacted by a special investigation team at the FCA - they're investigating Allay and they asked me to fill in a full questionnaire about Allay and their 'business' practice and send all correspondence from them.

Clearly their business practice has caused so much consternation and engendered so many complaints they're making a gambit for a final intimidation push before the s*** hits the fan.

Comment

For your information. If you are issued a Summons to Court, You then apply to have the case transferred to your nearest County Court. Give em Hell

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
              For your information. If you are issued a Summons to Court, You then apply to have the case transferred to your nearest County Court. Give em Hell
              Thank you. I very very much doubt it'll get that far. If they're going to take the time and effort to take anyone to court, it won't be for £300. It would however be an awful lot of fun to go, but again the fact they have absolutely no contracts, no LOA (indeed I have the unreturned LOA) and also hard proof that my signatures were forged, would I assume make them realise if they're going down the CCJ gambit, do it for amount worth losing over.

Most importantly though, with regards to their instigating procedures against me, they have no contact details for me apart from an address (which is also why my Allay experience has been significantly less traumatic than some I read here, as they can't contact me by phone or email.) But on researching the procedure for solicitor firms to initiate a CCJ, they must have the person's landline number for the N1A form, which gets the whole ball rolling.

But as you said, a part of me regrets this as it would be fun to give them hell.

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
                Actually, what do you make of the FCA investigation team? I did find that most interesting, they directly contacted me, giving me an investigator to liaise with. They wanted an awful lot of information about Allay's business practice & they're compiling a database of all paperwork they send to people. The investigator asked me if I would give a full, verbal interview at a later date.

Something is clearly going on, when I rang Action Fraud to discuss the matter, the woman I spoke to started laughing as soon as I said Allay - they've been inundated with complaints and testimonies.

Allay must surely be aware that perhaps their gig is up - the sudden blanket bombing approach of these bogus solicitor's letters, upping the ante on empty threats under the auspices of a perceived legal imperative, bespeaks of desperation.

Comment

Thanks for your email, I'll respond in a bit.

Originally posted by SimonG View Post

Yesterday I received the AJB Law letter - again laughable, with its threat that they 'may' take me to court. Extremely difficult as the N1A form which is mandatory for solicitor firms to fill in order to initiate CCJ proceedings insists that they include my telephone number, which they do not have. I also loved the bit where they say they may send a form which I have to send back to them. That'd be a hard, no.
                  Just on this, there is no requirement for a claimant to have your telephone number to issue proceedings, just your address.

The form they're talking about is part of relatively new pre-action protocol requirements for money claims that should accompany a letter before action. At least one of our members have received one from AJJB. If you get one it's in your interests to complete and return it as it allows you the opportunity to deny the debt, specify why and to request documents that they are relying on for the claim.

But as you have rightly pointed out they'd have to be pretty stupid to issue proceedings for 300 quid, or indeed any amount.

[Thread moved to Claims Management forum]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X