• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank-Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank-Smart

They persuaded me to sign up with them for PPI and had me sign 30 different forms and i just presumed i was doing the right thing as they Offred good advice, now they are issuing me with invoices totalling £12,000 pounds and i do not have this sort of money. They have now set a company called Mil Collections on me who are trying to force me to Cash My Pension in. I am in fear of them sending people round to my house like you see on tv programmes.
    I have asked frequently for some one from Banksmart to phone me and they decline.
    I have now received more forms from them that they wish me to sign other wise they are going to issue more invoices for breach of Contract. I seem to be getting into even bigger debt and i have really done nothing wrong. They told in the begining they were no win no fee, and now i will be Bankrupt.
    Tags: None

Hiya

First of all don't worry.

Do not pay Bank Smart or MIL Collections as there is almost certainly no basis for the invoices. They've been trying this on for years.

MIL don't do anything beyond sending snotty letters. Only if you were taken to court for the 'debt' and lost and then didn't pay would any debt collector have the right to visit your home.

In order to challenge this you need to get a formal complaint in to Bank Smart and if they reject it you'll then have the right to take it to the Ombudsman who usually uphold complaints against Bank Smart in my experience and get the charges waived.

I'm happy to help draft a complaint but first we need to get the information on what Bank Smart are actually trying to charge you for, so I would send them something like this:

Dear Sirs

With regard to the invoices you are asking me to pay please provide me with electronic copies, by email, of a breakdown of all the charges that make up each invoice.

Thank you.

Yours

In the meantime could you send me the correspondence from MIL referring to cashing in your pension, and also the correspondence from Bank Smart threatening you with more invoices if you don't sign more forms to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

[Thread moved to Claims Management forum]

​​​​​​​

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Can you send me the complaint that you said you sent them on 21 January? As you didn't receive a response it means that we can go to the Ombudsman straight away which would make the process speedier as normally you'd have to wait 8 weeks from the point you submitted a complaint to Bank Smart before the Ombudsman would look at it. Even so it'll take a few months before the Ombudsman will look at it so in the meantime send the request to Bank Smart in my previous post.

Also do you have an online account with Bank Smart?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X