• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Bank Smart -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WON** Bank Smart -

My brother in law instigated a ppi claim with a company called Bank Smart in 2019. He ended up signing paperwork which stated amongst its terms and conditions they could charge him for Breach Of Contract. now they have sent him a bill for £300! The reason being they claim he has not returned some paperwork so they are unable to pursue his claim. He says never received the paperwork, the company seem a little dodgy and i was hoping someone could provide some suggestions on how to move forward?
    Tags: ppi claim

Originally posted by MannyJ View Post
    My brother in law instigated a ppi claim with a company called Bank Smart in 2019. He ended up signing paperwork which stated amongst its terms and conditions they could charge him for Breach Of Contract. now they have sent him a bill for £300! The reason being they claim he has not returned some paperwork so they are unable to pursue his claim. He says never received the paperwork, the company seem a little dodgy and i was hoping someone could provide some suggestions on how to move forward?
    Hiya

Yes people have been having the same problem with this outfit for years.

The best thing to do is make a formal complaint which I'm happy to help you draft.

On the bill there is usually a list of chargeable items, do you have it?

[Thread moved to Claims Management forum]

Comment

Hi, Thanks you the assistance, I genuinely appreciate it, where would you like me to email the document or should I just share on the forum? (i'm a little unsure of the correct forum etiquette)

Comment

Share on the forum. Post on an image hosting site such as imgur and put the link on here

Comment

Hi, Thanks you the assistance, I genuinely appreciate it, where would you like me to email the document or should I just share on the forum? (i'm a little unsure of the correct forum etiquette)
          Send it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

What I need to see is the list(s) of chargeable items that they normally enclose with breach of contract invoices like the example posted below, although It would be best if you left the claim ID references, account numbers etc unredacted.

Also if you've been given log in details of an online account it would be usefull to see screenshots of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Example.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1556488

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            Share on the forum. Post on an image hosting site such as imgur and put the link on here
            Usually you'd be right but the key to a successful challange to Bank Smart is understanding the trail of the individual accounts & claims and in order to do that you need to see information that it would otherwise not be advisable to post on the forum.

Comment

I have emailed you the statement as i was unable to upload. As i have mentioned in my email im honestly taken aback my the level of assistance you have already provided. All i can say is thank you, I know there is a long road ahead but that you for accompanying me on this arduous journey.

Comment

No probs.

Got it, thanks.

It looks like they originally got you BIL's data from another CMC. Going by the date of that on the invoice it could have been a company called Easy Claims if that rings a bell?

The invoice refers to packaged bank account and pension mis-selling claims, rather than PPI. It's their usual ploy of trying to get the customer to make multiple types of claims on the same account and charging them for not playing ball.

With the statement he should have received a letter explaining the 'breach of contract' that included the log in details for his Bank Smart online account. If you have that could you send it to me? Then I should have enough info to draft a formal complaint for you.

Comment

From what I can tell, they're not interested in ppi claims. They're interested in pursuing them and then sending you bills for all the apparent work theyve done. Get your complaint into them.
                  the guys on here helped us draft a complaint letter that we are waiting for a response on.

Comment

Hi, Sincere apologies for the delay, I have emailed the relevant articles to the same email address as before. I am honestly so grateful you are assisting me with this issue. The tactics they employ are disgraceful and i'm just lucky you have chosen to help me.

Comment

No problem. I've replied to your email.

Comment

The online account shows 2 'claims', one which they are charging the breach of contract fee for and another which they aren't yet but inevitabley will.

I think we should try and get some more information before we make the complaint. See draft Subject Access Request below.

I would send it via email to and registered mail.

Dear Sirs

Your ref: 68425

Subject access request ( Data Protection Act 2018 / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) )

Please supply all the data about me that I am entitled to under data protection law relating to myself.

In particular (but not limited to) I require the signed Letters of Authority and signed Terms of Contract for all claims and also the data specifically relating to the entry dated 07/06/2019 on the invoice for claim 263463 which refers to ''Claim data imported from old CMC using import bank claims''.

As you will be aware data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Yours faithfully

[Signature]

[Your full name and address]

They've got 30 days to respond, keep me posted!

Comment

Hi my friend, they have replied with all the information including the signed paperwork and it was sent recorded delivery, I can email this to if you require it. They have asked for a payment but have not even provided their bank details instead they would like all his card details including the 3 digits on the reverse !!. I cant believe that's even legal. As before any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi my friend, they have replied with all the information including the signed paperwork and it was sent recorded delivery, I can email this to if you require it.
                            Yes please email it to me.

They have asked for a payment but have not even provided their bank details instead they would like all his card details including the 3 digits on the reverse !!.
                            Please send me that too!

Comment

Hi My good friend, I have emailed all the documentation over to you, If you need anything else then please just let me know. thanks again for your ongoing support. I honestly cant thank you enough. Speak soon

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X