• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank smart - packaged bank account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank smart - packaged bank account

Hi All am new to the forum and unfortunately another Bank Smart thread.

I have been reading lots on the threads about Bank Smart as I received an email out of the blue today from them in relation to a claim I made almost 4 years ago so have been digging around in my email archives.

I've found an email dated 26/01/2017 which confirms I instructed Ascend Finance in respect of a packaged bank account claim against Natwest. The claim was successful and I would have paid commission to Ascend as per the agreement (never had any letters demanding payment or any further correspondence to say otherwise). I've since closed the bank account I would have used to receive the successful claim payment and pay Ascend (but can hopefully get copies of statements) and no longer have any paperwork because as far as I was concerned, the claim was settled.

Today I received an email out of the blue from Bank Smart and when I logged in it is regarding the claim against Natwest which was 'created on 15/07/2019' with a status 'your claim is being finalised - we are currently reviewing the claim to ensure all available refunds have been made. Please notify us of settlements you receive direct'. I have no recollection of any emails/letters from last year.

Having read the various threads on here, I'm concerned their next step is going to be an invoice in respect of any work they claim has been done on my behalf in 'reviewing the claim'. I've emailed them today stating I've never instructed them to do any work and requested copies of any signed agreements between Bank Smart and myself. Not sure what else they are trying to claim on my behalf given the claim was settled some time ago??

Can anyone advise please what I should be doing other than checking for proof of payment to Ascend when the original claim was settled and the request for copies of signed agreements?
    Tags: None

Bank Smart bought accounts from Ascend Finance in April 2019 so yours might well be one of them.

Was the original claim you made with Ascend a packaged bank account claim? Does the Bank Smart 'claim' say it's for a packaged bank account ?

You've done the right thing asking for answers from Bank Smart.

Comment

Hi thanks for reply. Yes definitely for a packaged bank account. Luckily I have the original email acknowledgement from Ascend and have further email correspondence between myself and one of their claims administrators requesting further information. When I log onto Bank Smart it's the same natwest account and doesn't refer to any other type of claim. Having thought about it I may have received stuff in the post about help with claiming money back (not sure if it was bank smart or anyone else) but disregarded as junk mail as id already made a successful claim in 2017 and as far as i was concerned, the matter was closed. I will also speak to TSB who i had a current account with at the time, re obtaining statements which can show i paid fees to Ascend. I will wait to what Bank Smart come back with and will send them a subject access request if need be.

Comment

Ok keep us posted.

Comment

Thanks will do - I'm curious to know what they think could claim on my behalf given the case was settled in 2017? Other than a back-handed way of trying to get money out of me?

Comment

Update - Bank Smart have updated the status of my 'Claim'.
            Cancelled - No Further Fee
            Your claim has been cancelled, there is no further fee for this claim that has not already been invoiced.
            They haven't bothered to reply to my email which I sent a week ago. I hope that's the last I hear from them.

Comment

Take a screen shot of it just in case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X