• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Smart PPI

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum.

I stupidly did a PPI claim three years ago and after a couple of letters from banks told the claims company, Ascend Finance, that I was not interested in proceeding with more paperwork to the same banks etc. All went quiet except a couple of letters with requests for more details and signatures etc. I ignored these and called them asking to stop.

Yesterday I received an email from bank Smart. Never heard of them before but logged in with details they gave me and was shocked to see they were managing two claims in my name.

On closer examination I saw that if I was to cancel I would be liable for fees. Again, to a company I had never heard of.

I have received a couple of letters over the last year from RBS restating again that no claim was valid etc and if ired since I thought I was done with the process. So I am a bit worried now.

Does anyone have advice on how I should manage this? I am worried that I will be charged for something I believed I had cancelled after the first process failed. It seems a scam.

Have they sold my claim in to another company?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Hiya

Originally posted by Captainguy View Post

Have they sold my claim in to another company?
    Almost certainly and their MO is to send you requests for info/ask you to sign documents etc and bill you for breach of contract if you don't play ball.

Here's an example of someone who had the same issue, it's a long read but worth it https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-hughes-ascend

The first thing to do is send them a Subject Access Request - example here, edit to suit https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

[Thread moved to Claims Management Forum]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X