• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank-Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank-Smart

BANK-SMART
    Although I don’t recall this, I signed up with Bank Smart in April 2019 for them to reclaim any PPI I may have.
    When I paid off all my credit cards, loans etc years ago I did not keep any documents or account numbers as I was just glad to be debt free.
    Bank Smart have contacted me with requests for documents and account numbers etc which I wrote back to them saying that I no longer have so each time I received a letter from the I just ignored it as I felt content that I had previously informed them.
    i had a letter a few months ago saying that they had issued an invoice and to check my online account.
    Online account?....I didn’t realise I had one. I had to request my log in and password from them to access this.
    i had an invoice for £11 for unpaid funds with a note saying that if left unpaid Dept collectors would be involved so I immediately paid it. Looking back on my account with them it was for a payout of £5 that I never received and I had incurred charges for not responding and sending in paperwork.
    This weekend I checked my online account and I have a charge of £211 for breach of contract for Which i guess is not sending available paperwork to them. I immediately replied by email to them asking them to close down my account with them as I have replied to them on numerous times telling them that no paperwork/documents are available and I no longer wish to receive any further correspondence from them.
    Upon checking my account yesterday they have closed my (so called) claims but have charged me individually on each one between £200-400 totalling £3348.92 for breach of contract. They also invoiced me for 6p for a PPI claim that they had just got from Santander for 21p so I paid the 6p by debut card before that escalated too.
    Naively I didn’t realise the severity of their charges.
    i have received another email from them at 5am! this morning to say that they are sending me a payment plan to pay them £90 a month by direct debit which will calculate just over 3 years.
    is there a chance that this will go up every time I contact them?
    i don’t really see why I have to pay such a large amount if not anything at all when I not received a penny from them.
    Tags: None

Hiya

Sounds like a depressingly familiar story I'm afraid, but in most cases a carefully drafted formal complaint (which we can help you with) usually gets the invoices cancelled. However in order to assist you we'll need to know quite a lot of info.

So for starters:

Have you got any copies of Letters of Authority that you have signed and given to them?

Have you got any copies of Letters of Authority that you haven't signed and given to them?

Could you take a screenshot of your online account detailing the invoices?

If you could send me the above to nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com I can advise further.

[I'm going to move this thread to the Claims Management forum]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X