• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay Claims bad behaviour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay Claims bad behaviour

At some time early last year, I answered an advert to find out if I had PPI "free". I was then repeatedly contacted by Allay by email and post, but I never read their communications, and I certainly never responded. I'd had a loan in the mid 90's, and could not remember if I had ppi, or, if so, whether it had been mis sold. I decided to forget about it. I was very surprised therefore, when my Bank advised that my PPI claim had been upheld, followed by an invoice from Allay claims. I dithered a bit, but when they started chasing, I wrote to them asking for proof of contract. They did not reply. When they continued chasing by email, I asked again for proof of contract (the first time I'd ever responded to one of their emails). They replied with an E document, with a "signature" which was nothing like mine. when I pointed this out, they replied that it was a computer generated signature, and not actually mine. They say that they will give me the IP address they claim it came from, but as they obviously have my IP address, it cannot be proof. On review sites Allay have many bad reviews for exactly this behaviour, proceeding without agreement, and using bogus signatures. I feel that I should fight this. I would appreciate advice on how to proceed, and whether the computer generated signature can be used against me.

Thanks in anticipation, Riversm00n

Tags: None

First of all, there are several threads on here with lots of useful information. Follow those guidelines first and foremost. The Financial Ombudsman are also very well aware of Allay's tactics and have found against them in several cases now. Just make sure that you follow any advice on here and stick to the complaints procedures etc. Don't just ignore them.....and never believe what a Claims Management Company tells you ever again !

Comment

Originally posted by riversm00n View Post
      At some time early last year, I answered an advert to find out if I had PPI "free". I was then repeatedly contacted by Allay by email and post, but I never read their communications, and I certainly never responded. I'd had a loan in the mid 90's, and could not remember if I had ppi, or, if so, whether it had been mis sold. I decided to forget about it. I was very surprised therefore, when my Bank advised that my PPI claim had been upheld, followed by an invoice from Allay claims. I dithered a bit, but when they started chasing, I wrote to them asking for proof of contract. They did not reply. When they continued chasing by email, I asked again for proof of contract (the first time I'd ever responded to one of their emails). They replied with an E document, with a "signature" which was nothing like mine. when I pointed this out, they replied that it was a computer generated signature, and not actually mine. They say that they will give me the IP address they claim it came from, but as they obviously have my IP address, it cannot be proof. On review sites Allay have many bad reviews for exactly this behaviour, proceeding without agreement, and using bogus signatures. I feel that I should fight this. I would appreciate advice on how to proceed, and whether the computer generated signature can be used against me.

Thanks in anticipation, Riversm00n
      Hiya

The best way to deal with this is to make a formal complaint on the basis that Allay proceeded without your informed consent. That way if they reject the complaint or don't respond to it in time it then gives you the right to go to the Claims Management Ombudsman.

We'd be happy to help you draft a complaint and would like to see the correspondence about the signature issue. You could either post it up (redacting any personal info) or send it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

[Thread moved to Claims Management forum]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X