• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Bank Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WON** Bank Smart

Hi everyone, I am guessing this is not the first time this company has appeared here however I am another victim of their very clever email policy.
    I remember back in August 2012 receiving a email from them telling me about money they had and to get in contact with them to claim it. I did not realise then what it was about and foolishly replied, I wish I didn't boy do I wish I didn't. Since then they have contacted me by email and by post. It has continued and continued even though I asked them to stop still the letters continued.
    Due to servere financial problems I was forced to take out an IVA and I informed them of this but that did not stop them.
    Now this morning I have received a letter from MIL collections requesting payment for £984.50 for money they say is owed to bank smart. For what all I ever received were letters with numbers on and of any accounts that I had reference ppi I paid any fee that was settled by bank smart when they sent a bill.
    I am at an all time low as there is no way I can pay this due to paying my IVA every month and I still have all my other monthly bills.
    Can anyone please advise as any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Yours sincerely
    Hawkeye
    Tags: None

need a bit more info if you want any help !!! start *the beginning ant tell what happened

Comment

Hiya

Firstly a few questions:

Are Bank Smart saying that you owe them for commission for a successful PPI claim(s) or for 'breach of contract'?

Do you have the actual invoice from Bank Smart for the
      £984.50?

Do you have accesss to your online account on their website?

[Thread moved to Claims Management Forum]

Comment

Hi ok, I have a letter from bank smart which says I was registered with them on 20/08/2012. I vaguely remember before this an email about money that I was owed and they asked me to get in touch. I don't know how they got my email address however that is now by the by. I sadly replied to the email it was regarding ppi charges on loans I had taken out. I again sadly sent them what little details I knew about any previous credit cards I had. That was the start of it. I have a small folder of letters since then regarding ongoing claims they are processing. I sent them a payment back on 06/08/2014 of £62.80 for a claim that was settled however that was the only one I can find since I first contacted them. I am happy to send copies of all the documents I have to yourselves for your advice on this. Basically I asked them to stop and they sent me a very long itemised bill of which I could not pay due to the cost since then the letters with reference numbers on them continued asking for details of other accounts I never had. I ignored them. I have asked for more clarity on accounts but got nothing back. I did try ringing them many times but that got no response. I have just started my last year of an IVA to pay off loans to banks I had it will end March 2021. I really don't know what or how to deal with this as I have no savings of any kind and all my monthly earnings goes to pay my way. What are my options.
        Thanks H

Comment

From what I can understand I think it is breach of contract. I will try and access an online account to see if I can get any more details but I never received a bill from bank smart for the said amount £984.50 just from MIL collections which I assume is an debt company. All it says is a account no for bank smart and tells me to get in contact to pay the amount or arrange my intentions and they will forward onto bank smart. I will check the online account if I can now.
          Thank you H

Comment

I tried to log in but it requires me to contact them for a new password which I am very hesitant to do at the moment.

Comment

Hi ok I can now confirm it is for breach of contract. I found a letter from bank smart with log in details tried it and there is a bill there for said amount. I took a screenshot and am happy to forward to yourselves if it helps any. Regards H.

Comment

Also could you advise on the letter from MIL collection company should I contact them as the have asked in the letter. Thanks again H

Comment

Ok thanks, that's helpful. It sounds like the usual 'breach of contract' stuff which is usually dealt with by way of making a formal complaint. That way if they don't play ball and drop the charges you can then take it to the Claims Management Ombudsman.

In order to make the complaint as effective as possible (which we can help you draft) it would be very useful to see as much documentation as possible, especially the itemised bill, the letter that said you
                  registered with them on 20/08/2012, the screenshot of the bill and anything else you haver in your folder.

Send it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Don't worry about MIL Collections at the moment, they don't do anything other than send payment demands. When we file your complaint to Bank Smart we'll write to MIL and inform them you have done so and tell MIL to cease collection activity until the formal complaints process has been completed.

One further question, did you tell Bank Smart that you were in an IVA?

Comment

Hi thank you so much for the reply I will start getting that all sent to you. As far as I can remember I did send them a letter informing them of my IVA sadly I did not keep a copy. I will try and get these to you tonight if I can. Thank you again H.

Comment

Ok no probs. Don't worry, I'm sure this is sortable.

Comment

Thanks for sending the documents.

The screenshot establishes that the invoices are for 'breach of contract' for 2 claims (Reference numbers 76472 & 76474) but I can't see any reference to those on the itemised lists, although the images you sent are a bit blurry so it would be helpful if you could send some clearer ones.

Also it would be good to see the other pages of the letter they sent you dated 30 June 2014 which provides the status of your claims.
                        Once I've seen those we can draft your complaint accordingly.

Can you remember when you received the itemised lists?

Comment

Hiya

I got the 2 further documents you sent but I still can't find any reference to claim numbers 76472 and 76474 which are the claims they are charging you breach of contract for.

Can you look at all the itemised lists of charges and see if there is any reference to those claims please? Also you previously sent the first page of a letter dated 30 June 2014, can you send me the other page(s) please?

If you can't find or haven't got the above let me know and I'll draft your complaint accordingly but it would be helpful for me to know one way or the other.

Comment

I will try and find them I asked my wife and daughter to send you as much as they could not sure they did so will get more pictures to you this Saturday when my helpers are next together. Sorry about that and thanks again. Regards H.*

Comment

Hi sorry for the delay getting back to you I believe all documents were sent to you or they should have been sent. Can you confirm if that is the case. Thanks H

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X