• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claims guys no LOA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claims guys no LOA

Hi, received quite a few payments including a couple from same bank. However also received a payment from bank with letter saying that there was a problem with the Letter of Authority on a particular claim as the Claims Guys had not been able to provide appropriate LOA and they would only be dealing directly with me, and claims guys have been advised of this. They are now chasing me for fee. The only reason they know how much I received was they happened to ring on the morning when I opened two envelopes one they had dealt with and the one I am speaking about and I didn’t realise til I read the letters that they had not been able to pursue one of them even though they had found I had ppi. I understood that once found there was a choice anyway if you used them. *They have now sent notice of action. *They have, after I had received the payment, *sent LOA for me sign, *which I haven’t, and the letter states they do not have signed and dated LOA. *They also sent a letter saying that having received a copy of the decision letter I owe them, but of course they do have this. *They also send bill saying they investigated and applied for ppi refund on my behalf which they didnt as Santander didn’t engage with them at all. Santander said that the LOA they sent was not dated or signed and I should contact FCO if they continue to harass me, but can they still take me to court, with only me saying on the phone how much I had received being being their only proof of what I had received. *Thank you for any help you can give.
    Tags: None

You need to make a formal complaint to them, that way if they reject it you can then go the Claims Management Ombudsman.

You should complain on the basis that as Santander did not accept the LOA as valid, the Claims Guys were not capable of providing you with the claims management services that they are attempting to charge you for. Also say that while the complaint is being dealt with, it would not be appropriate for them to continue to harass you for payment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X