• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems with Bank-Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Bank-Smart

Hi,Hope I can get some advice.Receently received an email from the above claiming that I am in breach of contract and owe £520.It must be 5 years ago that I first registered a claim with this company,regarding an endowment mortgage and and a small loan.They failed in both cases to win me any award.When I filled out the initial claim form,I mistakenly included my bank on the form,I contacted them to remove the bank from the claim and was charged over £100 for this.I have not had *any communication with them since this and was surprised to receive an email from them after all this time.I have lodged a formal complaint against them and am willing to get a solicitor involved.
    Tags: None

Good to hear you have lodged a complaint. Have you asked them for a breakdown of the amounts they are charging you or what exactly the breach was?

The £100 charge you paid, was that a cancellation charge? ( Presumably you'd written your banks name down and Bank Smart set it up as a claim, so when you asked them to remove it they treated it as a cancellation )

Are the Breach of Contract charges for the endowment mortgage and loan claims? were they for misselling on the endowment and potential ppi on the loan?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

[Thread moved to Claims Management forum]

As Amethyst said you've done the right thing in making a formal complaint.

Please let us know the outcome. If they don't uphold it we'd be happy to help you draft a complaint to the Ombudsman.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Good to hear you have lodged a complaint. Have you asked them for a breakdown of the amounts they are charging you or what exactly the breach was?

The £100 charge you paid, was that a cancellation charge? ( Presumably you'd written your banks name down and Bank Smart set it up as a claim, so when you asked them to remove it they treated it as a cancellation )

Are the Breach of Contract charges for the endowment mortgage and loan claims? were they for misselling on the endowment and potential ppi on the loan?
        Bank-Smart have not given me breakdown of the charges,so I do not know what they are for other than their wording of “Breach of Contract ”.If I remember correctly the £100 + I paid was for a cancellation charge.I have none of the original paperwork,as it was over 5 years ago that I had any dealings with them.

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Not sure if you've listened to it but BBC Moneybox did a piece on Bank Smart recently about the same issues you're having.

The piece starts at 7 minutes in https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0009z2m

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
              Not sure if you've listened to it but BBC Moneybox did a piece on Bank Smart recently about the same issues you're having.

The piece starts at 7 minutes in https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0009z2m
              Thanks for that,gives me hope.

Comment

To be honest in our experience they usually back down when they get a formal complaint. It's basically a speculative invoice numbers game.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X