• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim company chasing me for a fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so update on this...having a bit of a nightmare, they did not send me proof of signature etc, and the letters and texts demanding payment are happening again, I have the proof of delivery, I remember I sent a copy of the letter somewhere but cannot remember who it was I sent it to (am assuming it is the Royal Bank of Scotland, could have been the Legal Ombudsman), it was to whoever you guys told me to send it to. Anyway because they did not send me the evidence within that limited timeframe I have been ignoring the texts and letters, but now they are threatening to move it to a debt collection agency...any ideas anyone what I do? Because if I don't pay the debt collection agency they will take me to court, I am at a complete loss now and have no idea what to do next? Do you think it worth me ringing UClaim4me and explaining to them the situation? Please advise getting quite stressed out over the entire thing

Comment

You need to make a formal complaint to them on the basis that you didn't give them your informed consent to make the claim and that they didn't respond to you SAR, if you sent them one.

If they don't uphold your complaint or don't respond to it in 8 weeks you can then go to the claims management ombudsman.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        You need to make a formal complaint to them on the basis that you didn't give them your informed consent to make the claim and that they didn't respond to you SAR, if you sent them one.

If they don't uphold your complaint or don't respond to it in 8 weeks you can then go to the claims management ombudsman.
        Hi EXC thanks for coming back to me, so I should write a letter of complaint to UClaim, do you have a template for this? Should I send a copy somewhere else too?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X