• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chubbasdad v A&L - succesfully defended strike out application // discontinued claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chubbasdad v A&L - succesfully defended strike out application

You have done extremely well in any case and should be proud of yourself.
    I think in things like this we must all do what we feel is best for ourselves in the long run and you have done just that.
    Enaid x

Comment

Re: Chubbasdad v A&L - succesfully defended strike out application

thanks ame.its been a long hard fight.like i said, i just cant put myself to the sword (so to speak.).i feel a bit down about it,but i know i would feel a lot worse if i got hammered in court and lost.

Comment

Re: Chubbasdad v A&L - succesfully defended strike out application // discontinued cl

ashurst llp have just telephoned me. i was asked if i had entered my ammended poc to the court.

i replied "not as yet .......but i do have untill friday at 4pm to do it."

ahhhhhh was the reply.

i wonder what they are up to now ?????

Comment

Re: Chubbasdad v A&L - succesfully defended strike out application // discontinued cl

Hi Chubbas dad, I think you've done fabulous and fully respect and understand your decision, lets hope we all eventually get another chance and get to fight on and win.

Comment

Originally posted by chubbas dad View Post
            ashurst llp have just telephoned me. i was asked if i had entered my ammended poc to the court.

i replied "not as yet .......but i do have untill friday at 4pm to do it."

ahhhhhh was the reply.

i wonder what they are up to now ?????
            Well you have to get a certificate of service from the court and get the POC to A&L by Friday so they're probably just checking if its in progress.

Noticed on CAG you were rethinking whether to drop out, on the misrepresentation angle ? If you are then you need to get the POC sent special delivery to A&L on thursday to be delivered Friday, so really you need to get it to court tmw to get it stamped and the cert of service.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

still gonna discontinue i think.will get the court notified tomorrow.i just like the thought of them still thinking "what is he doing".........lol

Comment

lol fair enough. Have to let A&L have a copy of your notice of discontinuance too. Be aware they MAY ask for costs for the case so far, though I think it is unlikely.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

hmmmmmm interesting. dropped of my letter detailing why i am not persuing my case at court today,and explained i had coppies for llp and a & l to send recorded delivery.the court manager read my letter and said that she didnt think the court would get involved in my complaint about llp.i explained that it was the overiding factor that had made me decide to quit.she said hold off on informing a & l untill the judge responds to my letter and then pointed me in the direction of the fos to follow up the complaint against llp.she didnt want me to have wasted 3 years just to throw it all away now.what a nice lady she is.

Comment

chubs dad whats "llp" ?

Comment

• Re: Chubbasdad v A&L - succesfully defended strike out application // discontinued cl

ashurst llp are a&ls solicitors.

Comment

• Re: Chubbasdad v A&L - succesfully defended strike out application // discontinued cl

Chubs can you do me a wee favour. We're collating some 'real life case' examples of how historical charges affected peeps, can you just sum up in a paragraph how the bank treated you and how the charges acted to worsen your situation. Any specific examples you can think of that illustrate how damn unfair they are.

Even if you are discontinuing hopefully your experience can go on to help other people.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

hi, sorry i aint been about.work and stuff keeping me busy at the mo.i have today recieved a letter from the court with ref to the withdrawl of my case.

"please find enclosed booklet EX343 regaurding complaints.page 8 has the information needed should you wish to make a formal complaint about a solicitors conduct.

if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me."

nice one court lady, i am defo gonna follow this up.i might need a bit of help wording the letter.the booklet suggests contacting the senior partner at the firm first, then follow it up with a letter to the legal complaints service.

chubbys on one again..........i might be down ,but im not out.....yet!!!

Comment

Chubbs

I would be keen to be in the loop with this as I've been looking into lodging some complaints myself and studying the procedure.

A lot of solicitors have lied to the courts as well as to claimants and the daft Supreme Court judgment clearly shows that the defences to county courts saying that the charges were genuine pre-estimates were lies.

In a recent case here, the solicitors lied in correspondence (not on thread) about the OFT report on credit cards and also implied that they could claim costs when this was not true.

I think the time has come for mass complaints about the deceit of these solicitors working for the banks.

Comment

hi kafka,sure,i dont mind if you want to join me in this one.i am a bit busy at the moment.but as soon as i get 5 mins ill post up what i am about to do and how im doing it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X