• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chubbasdad v A&L - succesfully defended strike out application // discontinued claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help? A&L - hearing beginning March - strike out app from bank hearing

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/decid...essSummary.pdf
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

proper excited about tomorrow.doing lots of reading, and speaking to myself in the mirror.trying to memorise some of the arguments.i will have my defece in front of me so will be able to stay calm.i am going to take notes as best i can.just need some dutch courage tonight and a big chunk of luck....thanks in advance everyone here.i will post up as soon as i am home tomorrow.

Comment

Will be thinking of you xxx Go get 'em x
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Good luck today xxxx

#staysafestayhome

Comment

All the very best to you today and whatever happens your experience will help others no end.
            Enaid x

Comment

Wishing you all the best for to day.

Tuttsi x

Comment

thanks for all your support.........nerves are getting to me now.going to have a hot shower and a smoke or ten before i go to court.should be fun.what if the bank dont attend?..is it a default?.....

Comment

No it wont be a defauly but you'll probably get to amend your POC. They WILL attend tho.

Try and make a note of who the barrister/solicitor is that acts for A&L.

The bank will just come in with the supreme court judgment so your arguments basically is that that was a very narrow issue and the SC mentioned 5(1) as a way forward - and the OFT only dropped out because the arguments under 5(1) and under the consumer credit act are not meant for a collective challenge but should be allowed to go forwards individually. You are in hardship and the banks refusing to recognise that and you have been through the banks complaints process to no avail and you feel the relationship is very unfair on issues OTHER than price.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

thats basically what i am saying.i want to continue because i feel the bank have not treated me fairly.i have an example letter of 3 charges applied to my account and a note saying if this takes me over the limit i will be liable for more charges and interest.just in case i need it.would you like a quick look at it?

Comment

ok im home . here it is. a & l were represented by a young lady from ashurst llp.she approached me before the hearing and made comments about the case and the cost implications.i smiled politely.

the judge has adjourned the strike out application.
                      i have been granted 28 days from today to : file and list ?
                      i can ammend my POCs.i must do this by 4pm 09 april 2010.
                      the judge directed me to use and research the ministry of justice web site and the OPSI site? i need to check out the civil procedure rule 17. (ammendments to state of case ) i need to make a formal application on notice. i also need to look at the practise directive 17.the judge was very good and made it an easy atmosphere to work in.

i asked the nice judge wright (a lady) what the cost implications would be,and she asked the llp lady.she said she couldnt divulge that today.the judge then said to me that it would probably run into the hundreds of pounds and looked at llp.she just smiled.

after the hearing llp approached me again and said that the costs were near 3 thousand pounds. i just said nicely that my costs were in the same region and when i win, i will claim them also.she wasnt very impressed lmao.she thinks i will loose on the original POCs and i agreed. "thank god i can ammened".......didnt go down to well and she pulled a silly face.

all in all,a good day..........llp and a & l have something else to ponder now.

chubbys on a roll......

almost forgot.if i dont file and serve by 09 april, the strike out case will happen on the 23rd april 2010.
                      Last edited by chubbas dad; 11th March 2010, 15:14:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well done chubbas dad some good news there so what happens now?
                        ?do you submitt your amended poc and then get another date in court to fight your corner?

well done again:whoo:

P.s if i havent put in a claim before with my bank does anyone know where there is a good place to start, As i did originally put a template letter in in 07 but never heard anything since (probably put to one side and forgotton!)
                        Last edited by davidl; 11th March 2010, 15:38:PM.

Comment

yeah once i have everything together (before the 9 april) i will get a new court date and llp lady asked for an hour.as today was supposed to be only 10 mins and i managed to go at it for over 20 lol.

Comment

Well done to you, looks like you held your own.
                            You know you will get the help you need on here with step 2, once again well done.
                            Enaid x

Comment

Well done. Sounds like you approached it with the right attitude.

Ashursts acted for Abbey National during the test case. What's the name of the lady representing them?

Comment

i didnt get her name sorry.but the court manager gave me the llp ref no for my case and said i could phone llp and ask for her name if needed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X