• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What are Legal Beagles doing to help bank charge claims in the courts ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Legal Beagles doing to help bank charge claims in the courts ?

What are we doing to help people with claims in court ?

Legal Beagles have engaged a prominent consumer protection law firm to advise on the way forwards with regards to historical bank charge reclaiming through the courts. We have worked very hard on formulating and collating the new arguments for particulars of claims and letters.

Following counsel's opinion we will be producing a skeleton POC for members to use as a starting point. We strongly believe that a generic one-size-fits-all template alone will not be appropriate for the ongoing campaign and that the era of ‘print off and send’ claims is over. Claims will need to be individualised for each bank and to each claimant’s own circumstances. Reclaiming charges through the courts could be a complex and lengthy process and should not be entered into lightly. We will assist people all we can.

Consumer groups continue to work on the generic advice for complaints with banks and through FOS. Raymond Cox QC was instructed by Mike Dailly on behalf of MSE and other groups and is working on these and possibility of a standard claim template.

There also remains the possibility of a group action and this is currently under consideration with the law firm, counsel and ourselves.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: What are Legal Beagles doing to help bank charge claims in the courts ?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for a glimmer of hope in what has been an awful last month in the campaign.

Your ongoing efforts/advice is truly appreciated.

shazza

Comment

So many things I want to say but to says so could be interpreted completely wrongly. SO I guess thanks for the update is sufficient.

Comment

Thank you Legal Beagles......fingers crossed that a solution can be found.

Tuttsi

Comment

Thing is, Beagles, although lovely and cuddly and enjoy company very much, are relentless little hunters who rarely give up on the chase.
          Nuff said :beagle:

Comment

Evening all

A bit like Westies really!

All the best for 2010

Dougal

Comment

BIG BIG Thank you to the LB team for all your hard work and brilliant advice x
              In order for evil to triumph it is necessary only that good men do nothing.

Comment

Thanks so much for your continued hard work on our behalf. It really is appreciated.

Thincat.:grin:

Comment

Let me just add my two cents.

I appreciate all the hard word and commitment you are putting in. Thanks for helping us keep up the good fight!

Stewie

Comment

All the above, plus added knobs, bells, whistles & flashing lights.

Thank You.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      All the above, plus added knobs, bells, whistles & flashing lights.

Thank You.
                      Good morning

You forgot the sirens....!!

Many thanks to all at LB - Personally I would have been lost without your help and you cannot put a price on that!!

Best wishes to all

Dougal

Comment

Things might still be negative for a while so please don't get your hopes up. We have no intention of letting things drop though and the banks WILL be bought to task one way or another. Thank you for all your comments, lets keep at these companies to ensure a fairer future for every one, and hopefully some redress for those who have suffered at their hands in the past.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hi, and thanx for the effort you guys are putting in, my case is currently stayed at salisbury county court where i am claiming £4414.46 back from abbey. spoke to court this morning and they confirmed that the last correspondence they had from abbey was 16th of august 2007 when they applied for the stay. obviously ith the supreme courts decision its only a matter of time before abbey apply for the case to be thrown out. what is my best course of action now

Comment

Originally posted by trev2506 View Post
                            hi, and thanx for the effort you guys are putting in, my case is currently stayed at salisbury county court where i am claiming £4414.46 back from abbey. spoke to court this morning and they confirmed that the last correspondence they had from abbey was 16th of august 2007 when they applied for the stay. obviously ith the supreme courts decision its only a matter of time before abbey apply for the case to be thrown out. what is my best course of action now
                            Have a look here: OFT drop case - What are the options for consumers with charges claims ? - Legal Beagles

And here:Bank Charge Claims in Courts System - next steps - Legal Beagles

Comment

Hi Trev

I have also a Abbey stayed case in Central London CC. I was advised by this site to call the courts to see if Abbey had made any requests for a strike out of the claim. I was informed that so far no correspondence has been received from Abbey to the court and in any event it was my claim and they would not act on Abbey's say so.

Can you check with your court and see if you get the same info and report back. In the meantime I know the team here are looking into a way forward with our claims and understand that we will receive the help we need very soon.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by trev2506 View Post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X