• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LTSB Claim - heard from court today....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LTSB Claim - heard from court today....

have replieded to your pm too.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Ame,

Thanks so much for your detailed and helpful responses, both on this thread and to my PM!

I have a couple more questions if that's ok? Apologoes for being somewhat thick!

1. In their letter LTSB haven't given a specific time for dealing with this, although as you say 8 weeks is the standard, so would it be sufficient to use this as a reason for requesting the extension to await their reply?

2. What do you mean by the following please? - 'The request for an extension stay will be on what terms, what if the bank want to apply tomorrow to lift the stay and ask for a strike out?'

3. Ditto - 'Are you going to submit draft directions for the stay extension?'

4. Would it be wise to copy not only my letters (to LTSB and SCM) to the court, but also LTSB's reply, in support of my request?

Thanks again!

Nellie xxx

Comment

hi again

1. In their letter LTSB haven't given a specific time for dealing with this, although as you say 8 weeks is the standard, so would it be sufficient to use this as a reason for requesting the extension to await their reply?
        Tbh I'm not sure but its a better reason than 'waiting for Mse to publish templates' lol.

4. Would it be wise to copy not only my letters (to LTSB and SCM) to the court, but also LTSB's reply, in support of my request?

YES

2. What do you mean by the following please? - 'The request for an extension stay will be on what terms, what if the bank want to apply tomorrow to lift the stay and ask for a strike out?'

3. Ditto - 'Are you going to submit draft directions for the stay extension?'

Okay your current stay terms (of the courts own motion) are thus;

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The claim be stayed generally

2. The parties do endeavour to settle the case by agreement

3. If no application to lift the stay is made by 4.00pm on 26th February 2010, the claim be thereafter and without further order Struck Out

you want to switch it about a little I think for the extension, so the extension stands for the bank too and it is only you who can lift it (so the bank doesnt snick in with a strike application)

1. The claim be stayed generally

2. The parties do endeavour to settle the case by agreement

3. If no application to lift the stay is made by the Claimant 4.00pm on 26th April 2010, the claim be thereafter and without further order Struck Out

It will cost you £75 to apply to lift stay and amend particulars at that stage.

but hopefully you dont need to do that and a letter to the court informally saying you are still negotiating with the bank and waiting for their response should be enough, but you are best getting that in in next couple days in the case the court say no, or apply formally, to give yourself time to do that by the 26th Feb.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Many thanks again Ame, I know you are really busy so very much appreciate you helping such a ninny as me with this, lol!

I will have look at getting this letter prepped and off to the court tomorrow and will pop back if I have any further queries regarding it if that's ok?

Take care,

Nellie xxx

Comment

If you want some help with the letter pop a draft up, or pm it me if you are going to use the bits we talked about there (personal stuff) ? I'm at the OFT tmw but will be able to go through it on Friday.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanx Ame

Comment

Any update nell?

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
                  Any update nell?
                  Hi Kafka,

I sent the letter off to court by special delivery requesting a further 8 week extension of my stay to enable me to await LTSB's response to my letter. It was received on 9th Feb. By last Wednesday I had heard nothing back so called my court to find out the status of my claim and they said they have a four week backlog and will keep me informed. I stressed to them that I was concerned my claim would be struck out but they assured me it would not. My deadline was up on Friday
                  but still no news. I will contact them regularly now for updates and will post up as soon as there is any news.

Nellie xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X