• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I complained and won but...

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I complained and won but...

    Hi back in 2018 I was unemployed and under extreme mental issues including PTSD and depression, anyway I was desperate for money and I applied for a loan via Satsuma which I got but was unable to keep up with repayments because I was unemployed.

    Since than I have letters from debt collectors from various companies representing Satsuma.

    A couple of months ago I made a complaint that Satsuma never carried out employment verification and if they did they would have realised I was not working.

    Last Friday I received a response from Provident who were dealing with my complaint, their response was;

    We have taken the decision to write off the interest applied on the above loan. Where you have an outstanding balance, this will be written off and no further payments will be required from you.

    With the above in mind I am upholding your complaint.

    Action Taken

    Your credit file will be amended where required, please allow up to 60 days for any changes to take effect.

    This is our final response to your complaint and we hope that you are satisfied that we have completed a full investigation.

    Tags: None

  • #2
    Is it normal practice to take upto 60 days to amend credit files? Can it be done quicker?


    • #3
      Should normally be updated at the end of the month or if past the cut off date, the following month. Their final response doesn't make it clear whether they are amending your file or not? Have you clarified that with them and got it in writing?
      Check out some useful guides below

      A guide to voluntary termination
      Seting aside a CCJ
      Completing an N180 Form (Courtesy of Jaguarsuk)

      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Some of the content I post may include example wording, letters, or other similar responses but they are intended purely for informational and educational purposes. Using some or all of the content I post may fail to meet your needs that is specific to your situation. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice and you can do this through the Law Society's Find a Solicitor database, by contacting your local Citizen's Advice Bureau or legal advice centres such as LawWorks. You may also be able to seek legal advice from your local university who may run a free (but limited) legal advice clinic to members of the public.


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.



      Court Claim ?

      Guides and Letters

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm