• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help,i took out a personal loan now been served a default notice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help,i took out a personal loan now been served a default notice.

I Took out a personal loan& agreed to pay£50 instead of£330 a month as that is what i could only afford which was agreed for 6 months.I have received a default notice asking me to pay £751.38 before 20 th april as i have broken my agreement.If i do not take action required before the notice date,they will automatically terminate their agreement& will have to pay the full 7,737.62 or will get a debt recovery or legal proceedings against me.If i could afford to pay more i would but i can not,Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: help,i took out a personal loan now been served a default notice.

I don't think it is unusual for a credit to issue a default in these circumstances and it is a required step under the CCA before further action can be taken.

Irrespective of your agreement to pay a reduced amount you have (significantly) defaulted on the terms of your original loan.

When was the loan taken out, over how long, how many payments at the originally agreed rate did you make?

Comment

The original loan was for £15,000 for 60 payments at£300.46 taken out 08 feb 2012.As off september 2014 i had paid 30 instalments with the current balance then £8 253.66 i did take 2 holiday payments after then& can now only pay £50 a month for the last 2 months which i did agree but loke you have said i have defaulted on my original loan.
      Last edited by notanotherdonkey; 8th April 2015, 21:58:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

That will probably be the explanation then.

I would write to them and confirm that you are currently on agreed reduced payments. (Was that agreement over the phone or in writing).

Best of luck with it.

Comment

The agreement was over the phone for 6 months but i have had a letter to confirm it as well.

Comment

OK, so presumably it states it is a notice given in accordance with s76 Consumer Credit Act.

They may well continue to accept reduced payments, possibly on a six monthly basis, until your circumstances improve.

I would suggest you keep your dealings with them in writing if at all possible.

In response to the default notice, I would write back sending a copy of the letter agreeing to the reduced payments for the time being.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X