• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

car finance company and consumer act 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car finance company and consumer act 2015

Hi,
    In October 2023 I purchased a car from a dealer. it was financed by a national finance company. The car had significant problems from the start and in December the engine seized. the car came with a 90 no quibble warranty. I contacted the finance company who own the car and eventually they responded. the arranged an inspection with a firm who have 40 years experience and state they have carried out in excess of 150,000 inspections. sounds good and reputable.

I was toldnot to return car to dealer. the inspection was carried out. Pics were taken of new parts fitted following the car loosing all its coolant and overheating. I showed the inspector the bad repairs prior to the breakdown. he stated that caused the problem to me. He then went away. made a report. if stated the old parts were still on the car. but were not the cause of the failure but showed the images of the new parts fitted that he took images off.

It was like the report was writtem by someone else. it stated his inspection identified parts that needed replacing but added pics of new parts fitted. made no reference at all to what he told me. So finance company say no to rejecting car. the dealer wont even discuss a repair. Ive shown the finance company wht the report is factually 100 incorrect even in simple detais. not interested. the inspection company only discuss the matter with thier customer the finance company. the finance company wont consider querying the matter with the inspection company and have told me I need to raise matters. Ok im no foo;. thats not correct.

So the question. are the finance company under a legal obligation to act in my interests if I show a failure of the report. well not a failure a significant discrepancy. I dont believe the inspector wrote the report as he would not have referred to old parts but added images of new parts. His report even is signed as a statement of truth. the court would never question it unless I had proof it was incorretc which I can prove clearly.
    is it just the financial ombudsman I can go too. could thier actions be a breach of contract between myself and them. can i still pursue dealer who will now refer to this dreadful report.

Just the simplist advice will be helpful.

Steveeasy
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X