• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Erudio/Student Loan Company problem - please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erudio/Student Loan Company problem - please help!

Hello,
    I hope someone can help - this is a ‘in a nutshell’ description of an issue I have with Erudio.
    I have 3 old SLC loans from 94-97.
    These were always deferred up until around 15yrs ago when there was a mix up with SLC not getting my deferment and trying to charge me. It was never resolved.
    The loans were then passed onto Erudio who I have heard from sporadically over the years with statements. There’s never been a demand for money or option for deferment on these statements.
    I have also always been a low earner and would always have been below the threshold for repayment.
    Fast forward to last weekend when I received a final demand letter from Erudio stating that the full amount needs to be paid.
    The loans have matured - all over 25yrs old and my contractual rights have been terminated.
    Another £1000 seems to have been added to the original amount also, bringing it to around £5,500 that they want.
    They also say they may pass my account to a collections agency.
    My questions are:
    1. As this debt is so old, is it still enforceable?
    2. Do Erudio pass on to collection agencies or is it just a threat?
    I will obviously contact them and sort something out with them if I absolutely have to.
    I’m obviously concerned about any effect to my credit file as I’ve got it to be really good now after years of money struggles.
    I appreciate any help and advice.
    Thank you
    Tags: None

It sounds like they are statute barred.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X