• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chetwood Financial - Ombudsman (Advice)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chetwood Financial - Ombudsman (Advice)

Hi - Im looking for some advice - I have recently had a complaint rejected which went to the Ombudsman. I had 2 loans with Chetwood 1 for 11.5 taken out in 2019 and 1 for 12.9k taken out 2021 (These are with same company but one is Live Lend and 1 is Betterborrow) They have come back today with on offer on the Betterborrow loan only as below:
    • Remove the interest paid to date.
    • Refund the interest at 8%.
    • Stop the interest going forwards.
    Would it be better for me to reject this offer and ask for both loans to be assessed as one as feel if i accept and ask ombudsman to rule on just the live lend that weakens my case as they cant take the whole situation into account? I asked the Ombudsman what they would normally advise company to do if loan is upheld and they advised:
    • To add up the total amount of money you received as a result of having been given all the loan. The repayments you made should be deducted from this amount.

a) If this results in you having paid more than you received, any over-payments should be refunded along with 8% simple interest (calculated from the date the over-payments were made until the date of settlement).

b) If any capital balance remains outstanding, then Chetwood should attempt to arrange an affordable and suitable payment plan with you.
    • To remove any negative information recorded on your credit file relating to the loan.

So to me it sounds like Betterborrow have offered pretty much that but im not sure if its a tactic they are doing so i accept and then it weakens the Livelend claim thus not having it all done together, on the other hand if i reject their offer and the ombusdman rules against then i would have nothing.

Any advise is appreciated on if accepting 1 impacts the other or should i just ask Ombusdman to assess the lot and they will likely rule the betterborrow on anyway on slightly better terms - The interest on both is around 10k each so its quite a big decision.

Thanks and hopefully someone can help
    Tags: None

Anyone able to help?

Comment

Just to note i accepted the 1st one and then they considered the 2nd one separate and rejected it so i referred to Ombudsman and won so both are sorted with interest wiped which is to the value of 15k - Great news.

Just to note they were 2 separate lending decisions so it had no impact on one or the other but i was able to show both shouldnt have been loaned

Comment

Sorry your post was missed, well done on a great out come.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X