• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claiming PPI from Welcome finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming PPI from Welcome finance

Been a while since I posted. Went to Resolver regarding this but now back to FOS. Got all the forms but still a bit hesitant .
    Welcome were the reason I joined Legal Beagles and had lots of help an advice from the team on different things.
    When we moved here Welcome made a total mess of things, not denying we did have a secured loan with them on our old house, Welcome never came up with any documents for this and I discovered they were using a different account number but never had any paper work, this " new" loan did have PPI added.
    With LBs help I did get some back from Aviva but they also could not find anything from the "new" number.
    I stopped paying them and its been back and forth since, they tried to involve two Debt Collectors but held my ground and they could not prove the account existed. Question do I let "sleeping dogs" lie or go for it, they made our lives a misery for about five years and I want to expose them. Do LBs know if anyone has had any success with Welcome?
    Last edited by dogtired; 20th June 2019, 07:23:AM. Reason: Soeling and cgangig title
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Morning XX

I think how hard you push on it depends whether there is debt outstanding that would outweigh any refund of any PPI that has been paid.

Also how long since you last acknowledged or paid towards the loan or when did it default ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Morning XX

I think how hard you push on it depends whether there is debt outstanding that would outweigh any refund of any PPI that has been paid.

Also how long since you last acknowledged or paid towards the loan or when did it default ?
      Never had any paper work for the allieged loan or paid since about 2006. Got a refund for origanal loan from Aviva around the same time.
      Got a letter that same year acmitting they could not find any documents and this " new" account number but it did have PPI added all went quiet for about two years then two Debt Collectors (Incasso and Mucky Hall) both of which failed to "prove" things ( thanks to LB during this time.)
      Then it changed from a secured loan into a mortgage but Land Registry search showed a Progressive Finance on records, not checked since. Since the just a " notice of sums in arrears" twice a year. Decided not to go ahead as I don't want to encourage them. My theory being, if, as they say we owe them why not take us to court.?
      As we all know its highly unlikely we would get anything off them anyway, don't know how they are getting away with still having an office in Nottingham
      Last edited by dogtired; 23rd June 2019, 17:14:PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Bunp

Comment

Hi... I was interested to see Welcome pop up as I had a secured loan with them in 2008. When I had 4 payments left I discovered they had sold my loan to Coastal Finance. I also discovered there was PPI attached to the Welcome loan. I also never signed any paperwork back in 2008. This new company are now saying that yes officially my loan ended in September 2018 but I had an outstanding balance which is 5k. I only borrowed 10k in the first place and been paying it back for ten years which is over 40k. I have just had another threatening letter from Coastal despite me asking for proof and clarity on why a straighforward repayment loan can last seemingly forever. HELP

Comment

Originally posted by Curlytaff View Post
            Hi... I was interested to see Welcome pop up as I had a secured loan with them in 2008. When I had 4 payments left I discovered they had sold my loan to Coastal Finance. I also discovered there was PPI attached to the Welcome loan. I also never signed any paperwork back in 2008. This new company are now saying that yes officially my loan ended in September 2018 but I had an outstanding balance which is 5k. I only borrowed 10k in the first place and been paying it back for ten years which is over 40k. I have just had another threatening letter from Coastal despite me asking for proof and clarity on why a straighforward repayment loan can last seemingly forever. HELP
            As you have discovered Welcome are a law into them selves,. Please can @amythist advise please

Comment

Your Debts. The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is taking over claims against Welcome Finance for misselling payment protection insurance (PPI). Welcome Finance, which has sold 500,000 PPI policies but will not be able to meet any claims against it, has already been closed to new business.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X