• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Problem

Hi i have an important financial issue that i cant get my head round.

Over the last 5 years i have accumulated debts from things such as credit cards, overdrafts etc. I was at one point making regualr payments through a debt management compnay.

The i have had some family issues such as the death of my dad aged 42 last year and other personal issues. I stop making payments to creditors as at the time it was the last thing on my mind. When my dad died last year i turned to drink and gamling to block out my dad death and all the debts. I have now stopped this but when looking at all the debts i have had can make a suitable arrangemtn with any of the creditors so have now been ignoring them, as nearly made me suicidal at one point.

To make matters worse i took on a pub business back in September 2010, where i signed the lease in my personal name, the business hasnt taken off and has got me into even more debt. I hae ceased trading the pub as not viable to keep it open but now i am just waiting for someone to sign over the lease. So now i do not have any income whatsoever, i really need some advice on how to get out this mess and get my life back on track.

Thankyou
    Tags: None

Re: Debt Problem

I think you would honestly benefit from a trip to CAB. We can make suggestions for you, help you back into a free DMP by pointing you towards CCCS or Payplan, but they will assess the overall picture and help from there re benefit entitlement etc.... That's what I'd do.

Comment

Something like the CCCS will get you through the immediate pressure and crisis. I did this. In retrospect I would have arranged a DMP for myself without involving the CCCS and approached the creditors differently, with a view to preventing my credit files being shredded to pieces. However, you sound like a young chap and this will one day be in the dim and distant past for you.

Comment

Thanks to you both for your advice, appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X