• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lloyds payed my money to strangers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lloyds payed my money to strangers

The first of all thank you for nice greeting,I am very happy for this site,you guys doing great job,God bless you.
    On 31/03/10 i set up standing order in Lloyds branch in Meltham (as a monthly rent £480 to my land lord),which should be activated on 28/05/10.
    On 03/06/10 my land-lord texted me to say,he never recieved the money.I called to Loyds bank and they confirmen that the money has been payed to my land-lord account.I thought he is just a messy person ect ect
    On 04/07/10 all situation repeated, my land-lord was demanding his money,I checked again and Lloyds bank said ,,money has been payed''.
    On 12/07/10 land lord walked into my house and he wasnt happy ( he showed me his statements ) he havent been payed for 2 months. This saame day i found out the money has been send to some strange account.So I made complain.
    On14/07/10 I called to Lloyds bank just to ask how far they are ,and if they do need any help or prooving some evidence . But they said there is no complain what so ever from my side in their system. Ok so I made new complains.Now this time was most worse in my life,they talked to me like with street dog all the time,they didnt told me their real name,so I couldnt get through to anyone.Guys Im from Sovakia ,I know its two hours away by plane,but I am not an allien.
    On 20/07/10 they told me that they need to put all situation to hands of Lloyds branch in Meltham,because they are able to help me more,they are also authorized to pay the money to my account in mean time ,while the investigation is going on,so I could pay my land lord.They admit they made a mistake by sending a money to a 2 different accounts on 2 occasions.They also said they need only 30 days to make a tracing and complete an investigation.
    After 60days they still didnt know where is my money,all what they said ,those two bank accounts belongs to my land lord,(which isnt the true-I personaly checked it). They were messing about,with me all the time ,they never told me anything just ,,I dont know'' .I wanted them to pay me back,but they said ,they are not able to..

what can I do ,guys help me please,Its almost 90 days and i still havent got my money,I contacted the west yorkshire police,but they dont believe me (its stealing to me),its just the same as steal the purse or hand bag

Re: lloyds payed my money to strangers

Hi, Welcome to the site

Okay, it's a standing order, so presumably you (or your landlord?) entered the account details on the form. So if the bank hadn't said it was your landlords account (I presume they checked the name and address with details you have given them for their investigation) then I'd think it was an error in the account number.

''They admit they made a mistake by sending a money to a 2 different accounts on 2 occasions.''

''all what they said ,those two bank accounts belongs to my land lord,(which isnt the true-I personaly checked it).''

How did you check ?

Are you making complaints in writing ? If not I would do so and ask for a response in writing. Then if it is not resolved you can take it to the FInancial Ombudsman.

Have you now cancelled the Standing Order ? And are you making the payments to your landlord another way ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Oh and don't worry about them talking to you like a 'street dog' - its not personal - they talk to everyone the same (unless you're loaded then they kiss butt) xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by simona View Post
        The first of all thank you for nice greeting,I am very happy for this site,you guys doing great job,God bless you.
        On 31/03/10 i set up standing order in Lloyds branch in Meltham (as a monthly rent £480 to my land lord),which should be activated on 28/05/10.
        Do you have a copy of the Standing Order? Did you check that the account details were correct?
        On 03/06/10 my land-lord texted me to say,he never recieved the money.I called to Loyds bank and they confirmen that the money has been payed to my land-lord account.I thought he is just a messy person ect ect
        Never assume this and always double check(hindsight I know)
        On 04/07/10 all situation repeated, my land-lord was demanding his money,I checked again and Lloyds bank said ,,money has been payed''.
        Again, you should have in hindsight checked WHERE it was being paid to.
        On 12/07/10 land lord walked into my house and he wasnt happy ( he showed me his statements ) he havent been payed for 2 months. This saame day i found out the money has been send to some strange account.So I made complain.
        Were the details miskeyed? Did you double check the standing order?
        On14/07/10 I called to Lloyds bank just to ask how far they are ,and if they do need any help or prooving some evidence . But they said there is no complain what so ever from my side in their system. Ok so I made new complains.Now this time was most worse in my life,they talked to me like with street dog all the time,they didnt told me their real name,so I couldnt get through to anyone.Guys Im from Sovakia ,I know its two hours away by plane,but I am not an allien.

On 20/07/10 they told me that they need to put all situation to hands of Lloyds branch in Meltham,because they are able to help me more,they are also authorized to pay the money to my account in mean time ,while the investigation is going on,so I could pay my land lord.They admit they made a mistake by sending a money to a 2 different accounts on 2 occasions.
        The above statement with regards to 2 different accounts on 2 occasions is interesting. Did the money go to the same wrong person twice?
        They also said they need only 30 days to make a tracing and complete an investigation.
        I think you need to confirm the account number and sort code of your landlord. Next thing is to confirm with the bank the account number and sort code of those 2 payments that did not go to the landlord.
        After 60days they still didnt know where is my money,all what they said ,those two bank accounts belongs to my land lord,(which isnt the true-I personaly checked it). They were messing about,with me all the time ,they never told me anything just ,,I dont know'' .I wanted them to pay me back,but they said ,they are not able to..
        Is the money going to a Bank or a building society? Have they confirmed with the recipient bank that the accounts were in the name of "Mr x"(ie your landlord's name)?
        what can I do ,guys help me please,Its almost 90 days and i still havent got my money,I contacted the west yorkshire police,but they dont believe me (its stealing to me),its just the same as steal the purse or hand bag
        Ok, I HAVE dealt with case like this. You need to get the bank to write to the recipient bank asking for the money back as it has been paid into that account in error.
        I need to clarify if any payments apart from the first two have now gone to the landlord's account? If the answer is yes then you need to ask the bank to confirm that the account details where the money went to originally were the same as it was today.
        I think you have got the wrong organisation with regards to contacting since the FOS is a better one to contact with regards to the complaint.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

hello all great geniuses,i have got a copy of standing order wich i set up,the sort code and account number is correct
          my first two complains wasnt in writing,but I recieved a reply from lloyds bank,also reference number of complain
          I made my land lord to go to HSBC(his bank),he got it in writing it isnt his bank account,also they confirmed ,that one of the fault bank account doesnt exist(and HSBC sent money back to LLoyds bank on holding account)but lloyds said they haven't got any holding account
          the second fault account belongs to privat person(they tryed to contact him,but no answer)
          I didnt canceled the standing orders I only stoped them(they told me they woudn't be able to trace it,and yes I only pay a cash to my landlord (and trust me I woudn't set up another ever again) defenetly not in liars lloyds
          but i just cannot understant,they made mistake ,they messing about,why sould I fight for my money throught ombudsman?
          if I steal the money and they find out,I has to pay them back,its logick ,it doesnt apply to them?

Comment

Originally posted by simona View Post
            hello all great geniuses,i have got a copy of standing order wich i set up,the sort code and account number is correct
            Simona, it clearly wasn't because the money didn't get to the recipient account number ie your landlord. Ask Lloyds to confirm the account details where the first payment and the second payment went to with account number and sort code. DO NOT accept simply a printout of the standing order as it was keyed today.
            my first two complains wasnt in writing,but I recieved a reply from lloyds bank,also reference number of complain
            I made my land lord to go to HSBC(his bank),he got it in writing it isnt his bank account,also they confirmed ,that one of the fault bank account doesnt exist(and HSBC sent money back to LLoyds bank on holding account)but lloyds said they haven't got any holding account.
            That is utter rubbish by Lloyds so ask HSBC to confirm the DATE they sent the money back and the account details it was sent to. With those details you WILL trace that payment.
            the second fault account belongs to privat person(they tryed to contact him,but no answer)
            The key issue is specifically who made the error, ie the bank or you. If the bank made the error, ie a keying error then it should be up to them to debit the money from the account or for THEM to take action against their account number. Have they said whether the person has spent the money or not? They should be able to simply debit the account giving a specific timeline as the money is not theirs.
            I didnt canceled the standing orders I only stoped them(they told me they woudn't be able to trace it,and yes I only pay a cash to my landlord (and trust me I woudn't set up another ever again) defenetly not in liars lloyds.
            In this instance, I don't believe that they lied but I do believe that something has gone wrong be it a keying error or otherwise and that they have been slow to sort out the issue in spite of the information that they have.
            but i just cannot understant,they made mistake ,they messing about,why sould I fight for my money throught ombudsman?
            Simona, the first thing we have to do is to get them to confirm the account number and sort code that they sent the money to so ask them that you sent a payment on x date but need the account details.
            With regards to the original details, did you fill in a form? Did you do the standing order verbally? In writing? Did they confirm the payment details at the time you originally set up the Standing Order?
            Why did the details change from the first payment to the second because without you asking them to do so, it does not make sense to me?
            if I steal the money and they find out,I has to pay them back,its logick ,it doesnt apply to them?
            Simona, we have to get the evidence firstly and then go from there.

I need you to get LloydsTSB to confirm
            1) The account number and sort code of the two payments.

I need you to get HSBC to confirm the date and the account number they sent the money back to.

Then with regards to that payment count three working days, ie if the date was today Monday then the date you need is Wednesday or if the date is Friday then the date you need is Tuesday. the third working day is when the money WILL have been credited to LTSB.

I am still not yet convinced that the landlord is not pulling a fast one quite yet but the Lloyds info will most definitely take that idea away.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Simona, you say you have a copy of the standing order. Is this a copy of the original one from when you set it up? Or a copy that the bank have given you recently, after the mistake happened and they had corrected it?

Nats, with the greatest of respect, surely the correct details could have been on the original standing order and the money could still have been sent to the wrong account due to a keying error or something?

It seems to me that Simona is saying that the first two s/o payments were sent to two different, wrong, accounts. The first to an account with HSBC which doesn't exist and HSBC have returned it to LLoyds. The second of the two being sent to a private person (i.e not a business, and not HSBC?, just another bank customer, not sure of which bank though?) They (Lloyds?) have tried to contact this person but have had no reply from them.

Have I got that right, Simona?

Also, I don't understand, you said they had paid the money to your account so that you could pay your landlord. If this is so, what money is it that you wish to get back? Or have I misunderstood?
              Is no longer here

Comment

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Hi dear,[/FONT]
                [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']I transfered using on line banking 11,000 pounds from my [/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']business account[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] with Ltsb to my personal account in [/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Halifax[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'], but unfortunatly by mistake I transposed two digits and money has gone to some wrong valid account in halifax. Transaction was done on my name. Halifax says they have stopped that account but your funds have been used [/FONT]L[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']. They have written a letter to that customer but there is no reply . Its a big amount, i dont know if i can get it back or not. what UK law say about this? Is there any previous such case happened? Is there any way I can retrieve my money back ? Please help me in this mater. I am feeling very bad, cant eat, cant sleep, in panic and my health is damaging. [/FONT]
                [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Please give me suggestions what should I do.[/FONT]
                [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] Thanks[/FONT]
                [/FONT]

Comment

Hi Arfan

The money can be recovered in full, see Kelly v Solari, 1841. Have a look at this thread Legal Beagles Consumer Forum for more information.

and can I suggest you start your own thread, preferably without the fonts. It will make it easier for you to get advice, and be easier to read without the fonts.
                  Last edited by WendyB; 19th May 2011, 22:54:PM.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X