• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please Woolwich/Barclays **offer received**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help please Woolwich/Barclays

Geat straight and to the point

Comment

Hi All I gota letter dated 8/9/08 saying the paperwork has been forwarded to the consumer finace debt management department but when I rang today I was told I didn't have a debt with them so this was the wrng dept!After calling twice more I was told they would contact me but could not give me a time limit any ideas this time? Is it me or are Barclays being exra awkward

Comment

Has anyone got any advice? I don't think Barclays are playing ball!!!!!

Comment

there is a post by EXC about the recommended time frame they should adhere to
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Ame - I'm not quite sure where to post this but move it or duplicate it somewhere if you want.

I've had confirmation from the FOS on timescales banks must adhere to with regard to hardship claims.

1) A bank has 8 weeks from the point a claimant indicates to the bank that they believe they are a hardship case. This applies both to cases where a claim for bank charges is made from a claimant who is claiming hardship (at the same time) and also where a claimant with a bank charge claim already made is subsequently claiming hardship status.

You don't have to put in a separate complaint to your bank about the hardship element of the claim to exhuast the 8 week complaints time limit in order for the FOS to take up your case. Therefore if the bank have taken more than 8 weeks to decide on your status the FOS will take uo the case.

2) In the instances where a bank does not agree that a claimant is a hardship case then you can go straight to the FOS who will adjudicate and if they agree you have hardship status they will make a reccomendation to the bank on whether they should refund the charges. The hardship criteria the FOS would use is the FSA waiver guidance:
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Personally I would do a letter recorded to the person who wrote the letter on the 8th stating what has hapened and say that due to your circumstances you are not able to wait for them to decide who is dealing with your case so you are sending copies of all the letters to the FOS and the FSA.
          Last edited by scoobydoo; 15th September 2008, 18:25:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Thanks or that scoobydoo but who do I contact as Barclays are giving me the runaround? Also is it 8 weeks since the 1st telephone call or their 1st response also when I met a barclays rep in court on 31st July last year I said I was in financial hardshipbut nothing was done!

Comment

Are Barclays IGNORING Hardship claims? I have not seen any posts other than mine concerning Barclays!

Comment

Grrr they aren't exactly being proactive.

Will have a scout about see what i can found out for ya x
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks much appreciated I am not sure where to go now!

Comment

Okay - Can you update me the full status of the claim in court . Did you return the info they asked you to ? we can try and pick this up again to push barclays hand depending on where it is at.

You have sent the IE sheet in to Barclays, have you put a copy on here or can you email me a copy amethyst@legalbeagles.info ......

We can do another stronger letter and enclose a revised POC for the court claim etc.

And no not a lot of people are getting anywhere with Barclays hardship. they are claiming the press are misrepresenting the banking code ffs.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I am on the phone to barclays again now, my claim was stayed in court I did notget back to the court because of the july court case.I did send them a I&E form but have not put one on website.Ok ff phone alledgedly someone will ring me today it has now been assigned to a team ( does that mean I am getting somewhere? )any ideas what tosay when I get this phonecall fingers crossed

Comment

well no phonecall surprise surprise!

Comment

I telephoned again this morning and was told that I would be contacted by telephone and they had 48 hours from yesterday and STILL no phonecall today!

Comment

Sorry I know this must be very boring now but Barclays are really ****ing me off now! I have waited well over the 48 hours they were given to call me and still no phonecall at least not from them! I have rung them 4 times in the last 24 hours only to be told oday that someone tried to call Thursday which is a blatant lie as I was off work looking after my daughter and new grand daughter and had no missed call as I now only have a mobile phone! Now they tell me only one person is dealing with ALL hardship claims and hopefully he will call next week. This is not good enough but what can I do? I am servere hardship done to them taking nearly £14,000 in 6 years while I was a single mum with 5 children and working part time and living on minimum wage and tax credits that was when they did not take the tax credits out of my account. Has anyone else got any numbers or anything to help?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              Okay - Can you update me the full status of the claim in court . Did you return the info they asked you to ? we can try and pick this up again to push barclays hand depending on where it is at.

You have sent the IE sheet in to Barclays, have you put a copy on here or can you email me a copy amethyst@legalbeagles.info ......

We can do another stronger letter and enclose a revised POC for the court claim etc.

And no not a lot of people are getting anywhere with Barclays hardship. they are claiming the press are misrepresenting the banking code ffs.
                              Hi hunny.

Can you email a copy of your IE to amethyst@legalbeagles.info. Then we can do a stronger letter and revised POC /application for stay lift ready for court to send off to barclays a few days before to give them a kick in the nuts.

Ame
                              xxx
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

ok I did not keep a copy but I will email you what I can remember tomorrow Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X