• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please Woolwich/Barclays **offer received**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help please Woolwich/Barclays

ok will do thankyou

Comment

Hi All, I have still not had any written confirmation from Barclays, How long shall I give them?

Comment

Do you mean that you havent received the Barclays version of the budgeting sheet Kim?

If so just keep calling them every day until you receive it. Lay it on a bit with them. Remind them that you actually sent in a letter over two months ago !!!!Remind them that you including a detailed financial statement - which they then asked you to redo on thier version of the form.

Say that your are disapointed that it is taking such a long time to confirm that you are in severe finacial hardship and that you cannot undertsand why?

Say that you were finding it extremely difficult to manage things two months ago and now it is even worse.

Try and get an admission from them, over the phone, that you are a financial hardship claimant and ask them what they are going to do to assist you in this situation and when are they going to do it.

Say that if you havent heard from them before Thirsday this week you will be writing to the Finacial Services Authority to advice them that Barclays are ignoring a Claimant who is in severe finacial hardship.

Comment

Hi Budgie, when I telephoned last week I was told obviously over the phone tuat I was a financial hardship claimant and had posted me a budget form (which I still haven't received) and was told just because I was financialhardship it didn't mean I would get my money back. The trouble is when you telephone them it is just to the normal number as the number I was given for the legal department did not deal with claims or so they said!

Comment

Hi Kim,

See Blooming flower V Abbey thread.

I think it's worth sending another quick letter to Barclays, saying that it's great that they agree that you are in financial difficulty but that you need something doing very quickly to assist you in resolving your finacial difficulties.

Let's see if that does any good. If it doesnt then lets get a letter off to the FSA and complain that Barclays are not taking their responsibilities and obligations with respect to Hardship Claimants seriously !!

Budgie

Comment

Yes definately keep at them, they need hounding on this.

Comment

Hi All, I have just got off the telephone from Barclays AGAIN and the lady said I will hear from the debt management department either tomorrow or the day after anyone got any ideas or what will be said and what will happen now?

Comment

I can only vouch for how First Direct/HSBC went about it.

In my dealings with FD, they first asked me for proof of hardship (bank statements, repossession order, debt management plan, in my case). Once I provided those, their Credit Services Dept (prolly FD's equivalent of Barclays Debt Management Dept) contacted me and went through a few facts and figures, clarifying the hardship I was under and asking questions regarding them.

I just gave them straight and genuine answers to everything as there was no denying I was in hardship and therefore had nothing to hide.

I would suggest you do the same when you deal with Barclays when they call you. It also helps to clue yourself up a bit about what is in the FSA Waiver, AND where the OFT Test Case stage is at. There are plenty of threads discussing that in these forums.

I know from my dealings with FD that they were surprised how clued up I am with what is happening and I have the feeling that it put them at ill-ease as they could see they were not going to be able to pull the wool over my eyes.

Be honest, be upfront, be brave, be courteous, but be firm (even a bit of bare-faced cheek does not go amiss). You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Keep calm in your dealings and do not let them wind you up (FD were great on the phone but I have heard that others can be quite abrasive).

Hope this helps you

Comment

Thanks alot and congratulations. I can only tell them the truth I have mortgage arrears and a repossesion order that was set aside cos I managed to borroe enough money off friends to get it down low enough to not be repossesed my partner left me with 5 children when the majority of these charges were taken an I survived on child benefit, child and working tax credit and only between £5,000 and £8,000 wages and they still in 6 years managed to take over £13,000 in charges. I have had ccj's for council tax and water rates etc. I owe friends nearly £10,000 on credit cards that I am struggling to pay each month. Oh to be debt free!

Comment

• Re: Help please Woolwich/Barclays

Thats good news regarding the promised contact from them of Wedensday or Thursday Kim.

Well done for making the chaser phone call.

Have no idea what they might suggest to you but lets keep our fingers crossed OK.

Rgds Budgie

Comment

Thanks Budgie, I am going under so I hope it is good news, this has been going on so long and I am getting deeper and deeper in debt. Even if I am given all my charges back with the interest I will just be able to pay off my debts and when I started this I was looking at a holiday and maybe a kitchen that has gone out of the window as I owe more now than ever! Lets hope it is good news but knowing my luck it won't be

Comment

Hi All, Can someone please help me? Barclays are giving me the run around! As you are all aware I am claiming hardship I have sent in 2 I&E forms withcovering letters ( the 1st they said they did noy receive ) Now it is over 3 weeks since they received the last one, they have said they had got it. I have spoken to a few people only from customer service though, not the hardship dept if they actually have one. Last week someone told me I would get either a phone call or a letter within 2 days and suprise surprise NOTHING. I spoke to someone yesterday who was helpful but even she couldn't get through but she gave me a telephone number to call later. When I called I was told it was the collections dept and I was not in debt with them( no just everyone else ) I tried again and spoke to customer service who said that was the correct dept and she couln't get through but she was going to email them and I should hear back either mon or tues, I am getting desperate has anyone got anymore ideas ? There appears to be no action on any hardship claims with Barclays, because I am crap at writing official sounding letters, is there anyone who could comprise onefor me? Thanks in advance and congrats to all who have had good news with their hardship claims

Comment

blummin swines, gimme half an hour to wake up a bit ... (late night last night uurrggh) and i'll give it a go for you ... right better get the kettle on ...this one gonna be a strong cup of coffee me thinks

Comment

Thanks pretty hard night myself!

Comment

Dear Barclays

I am writing further to our recent telephone conversations regarding my wish to be considered for hardship status. I have twice written to the bank including a full breakdown of my Income and Expenditure. The first was apparently not received and the second went out over three weeks ago.
                                I have been told verbally that this second letter was received. Given my financial status I am disappointed that you are seemingly unable to take my case seriously and that despite the FSA's guidlines regarding the handling of hardship cases are willing to ignore my plea for help.

As my situation is worsening by the day I feel I will have no other choice then to report this situation directly to the FSA.
                                I still hope to avoide this action and will allow a further three days from the date of this letter before contacting the FSA.

yours sincerley

skintkim

ok there's a base to start with. have a play around with it ...sorry for any spelling my head is asleep and my spell checker is not playing lol
                                short, sweet and to the point at this stage. polite but firm. I don't think we need to go in all guns blazing just yet ... just a little nudge to let em know you're there
                                Last edited by Tempty; 6th September 2008, 08:55:AM. Reason: added a bit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X