• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please Woolwich/Barclays **offer received**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help please Woolwich/Barclays

After writing to the court the above letter (thanks Amy) I received a letter from the court saying the judge read my letter and I should apply for my stay to be lifted and fill in the enclosed form !

Comment

Excellent news!!

Comment

Do you think? I thought I had been here before, I actually went to court in October to try to have the stay lifted and at that time I beleived that the banks should not take my tax credits and child benefit, but the judge then said it was my money not the governments so that did not apply, then I had another date for 31st January but that was cancelled until the outcome of the OFT case ! I then found out Barclays had asked for it to be cancelled without my knowledge So with the help of Amy I wrote the judge a letter and now I have to fill in an application to have it lifted ,I feel that I am going round in circles !

Comment

That's court life for you! So do as the Judge has asked and fill out the form . It is good news.

Comment

Kim

Good news

Post all the details here so we can advise as much as possible.

:okay:

Comment

I think all the details are already on this thread!

Comment

Kim, it's excellent news.

Just do as the Judge has asked and fill out the form, if you need any help, just ask.

Well done xx

Comment

Kim it really it good news hun..... hey you may feel like your going in circles here... but at least yer still moving eh ... mine has come to a full stop.

I'm not ashamed to admit i didn't think it would work at all (ok Amy you can say i told ya so now...lol)
                  I'm pleased, shocked and impressed all at once pmsl

well done xxxx

Comment

Does anyone know what happened with this one?

Comment

Yes as I am not familiar with your case would you mind doing a quick summary.
                      i.e - what caused the start of the problems- were you in finacial difficulties due to a change in circumstances that started the chain of events?

how much of your claim is charges and how much interest etc.

Did you have any help /sympathy from the bank at all?
                      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Hi I split up with my partner and started to get bank charges, also the date my tax credits went into my bank changed and things then snowballed!One month approox £600 in charges was taken from my bank,my charges come to £13,559 without interest or court fees. My court date was 31st July I turned up to be told by Barclays solicitor all cases were stayed.I went back to court in January and tried to claim hardship due to monies being taken from my benefits but the judge said once the money hit my account it was my money not the governments.At times I was left with nothing to live on and got into alsorts of arrears mortgage, council tax, I have lent money from friends credit cards which I am struggling to pay back. Friday I thought enough is enough and telephoned the bank directly to ask what criteria I needed to meet to be counted as hardship. I am trying to sort myself out now I have recently got a new job and if I did not have these debts my life would be so much easier. The onlytime other than friday I have mentioned my problems to Barclays was at court to their solicitor who said she would go back to Barclays and explain. I also refused an offer of £10,000 in April last year, I wish I hadn't !!!!!

Comment

Are you still incurring charges?

Comment

Yes but only now about three a month nothing like before. I constantly rob Peter to pay Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                              Kim, it's excellent news.

Just do as the Judge has asked and fill out the form, if you need any help, just ask.
                              Did you do this? Sorry, an confused a bit re your last post.

Comment

Stupidly I thought the case would be over soon and I was not confident I had anything extra to argue with the judge because nobody else had been heard because of Hardship

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X