• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please Woolwich/Barclays **offer received**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help please Woolwich/Barclays

Here's the link to the thread on penalty charges. he doesn't say what sort of claim it is... but i suspect by the amount it's a business claim. don't quote me on that though i could find no evidence either to the contrary or in support of that..... just a hunch suspicious about offer - Penalty Charges Forum

Comment

Lol Tempts have already posted the link from PC up

Comment

hehe so you did... ok i'll go to back to sleep now

Comment

Just checked her posts on PC and yes she was made an offer of £10,000 last year which she refused understandably, as her claim is £13k plus interest.

Comment

Hi are you talking about me? My original claim was for £13,539 and back in April last year I was offered £10,600 which in hindsight I wish I had taken, but after interest and court costs it is nearer to £19,000!

Comment

Hi Kim

Can you give us a bit of background on your claim

How many years are you claiming?
              Are you going for Stat interest or CI?
              etc

If you can just fill us in with your case on here it would help

PKea

Comment

Originally posted by skintkim View Post
                Hi are you talking about me? My original claim was for £13,539 and back in April last year I was offered £10,600 which in hindsight I wish I had taken, but after interest and court costs it is nearer to £19,000!
                Hi, yes I was referring to your claim.

And Peeky I doubt it would be CI not on that amount more like 8%.

Comment

It only goes back 6 years and it is only 8% interest !

Comment

It just seems a hell of a jump from 13500 to 19000 in less than a year
                    this would equate to the daily rate of interest being over £15 a day.

Whose spreadsheets are you using for your figures?
                    Has you claim been Allocated to a track yet?

Comment

Peeky it £13,000 plus interest at the time

Comment

Some of the interest goes back 6 years

Comment

Some of the interest goes back 6 years
                          The whole claim should be 8% stat interest, from the date of your first charge you put down on your spreadsheet.

Comment

yes it was x

Comment

yes it was x
                              Cool excellent, had me worried for a moment then! lol

Comment

Right here you go Kim, you can but try:-

I write with regard to the above mentioned claim, which was re-scheduled to be heard on ...................... following a stay imposed on .............................

I was very shocked and upset to receive a General Form of Judgment ......... days before the hearing informing me that the stay be reinstated on my claim until such time as the result of the OFT Test Case be known, as requested by the Defendant in a letter to the Court dated 11th January 2008.

I wish to make the Court aware that I did not receive a copy of the letter from Barclays dated 11th January 2008 and as such the only conclusion I can reasonably draw from this conduct is that writing directly to the Court and excluding me from this correspondence is a deliberate attempt by the Defendant at further manipulating the situation and an abuse of the Court process. I also believe the Defendant to be taking advantage of the Test Case in order to delay dealing with me.

I and my family are suffering extreme hardship in the form of mortgage arrears, council tax arrears and many other debts that are spiralling out of my control, yet it is completely within the remit of Barclays to remedy this situation and settle my claim, which currently is in excess of £13,000.

My present personal circumstances are the very reason for the waiver exemption implemented by the FSA and I believe if my case were to be heard it would bring a rapid end to this litigation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X