• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

catinahat Hardship Claim smile co-op bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catinahat Hardship Claim smile co-op bank

Hi,

my hardship claim is with the smile co-op bank and the last correspondance I received from them was Nov 4th stating Quote " upon receipt of the completed financial statement , together with supporting documentation we may be able to assist you with your finances. The first response to my letter requesting they view my claim under hardship guidelines (which I sent along with supporting documents at the time around about mid aug I think, ) didn't come until October 29 and barely acknowledged my request it be viewed under hardship. That letter just gave the 'yadayada' about the OFT test case and mentioned numerous times that all cases were stayed until a conclusion reached etc etc. It just said quote " I note that your letter refers to the fact that you have experienced difficult financial circumstances. I can assure you that we treat all cases of financial difficulty in a positive and sympathetic manner and in this respect I have passed a copy of your letter to our debt management department, who will contact you under separate cover. Apart from that paragraph which acknowledged my 'difficult financial ' circumstances' the letter continues on and on about the test case for a further 2 A4 pages, without actually telling me anything except that the book had been passed on... As I said, I sent documentation and proof first time round and the letter dated 29 Oct was their first response to my request to look at my claim under hardship. The 2nd letter which was ONE A4 sheet, said as I quoted... I sent (again) IE and proofs they wanted, by special express delivery (£4.95 to post!!!). Needless to say, I've heard nothing at all since supreme court ruling... so, I'm still waiting to hear if they even acknowledge my status of hardship and proceed forward, or if they'll refute it (cant see how they can as am on state ben/disabilty and was through the heaviest charging they took from me) in addition to paying over a grand each year for at least 5 years, in charges... and even had a basic bank account shut down (HSBC) as there was lot of probs when gov changes with my ben left me without money from Aug till Oct through admin errors... so TV licence DD wasn't covered. HSBC cant charge on basic accounts so they shut me down instead, leaving only my flexi saver account to get my ben paid into... if that doesn't offer them proof of finacial hardship then I dont know wot will... ? I'm just sitting tight waiting for guidance from people with knowledge on how best to advance, and/or get some reply from bank? Would that be the right thing to do? Or should I get in touch with them do ya think? They dont seem interested in my opinion; unless they too aren't sure which best way forward? Catxxx
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    PS No specific contact number as such, just the main 0845 number for smile bank (I presume, main switchboard) and a typed name with a quiggle signature and customer services advisor in brackets... XXX
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Based upon what Co-op SAY they are doing with claims of hardship they are currently looking at, I can't say that any of the points they said they 'action, following SC ruling, have been carried out in my case... no receipt or acknowledgement of my documents, nothing; no mention of a good with money website, not even a 'hang fire we haven't forgotten you' unless I am being too impatient? They did seem to be more expedient PRIOR to ruling tho... XXX'
    Last edited by Tools; 9th December 2009, 23:17:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Cat, was your stuff sent recorded delivery and do you have proof they received them?
    Last edited by Tools; 9th December 2009, 23:18:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
      Cat, was your stuff sent recorded delivery and do you have proof they received them?
      Originally posted by catinahat View Post
      I sent (again) IE and proofs they wanted, by special express delivery (£4.95 to post!!!).

Last edited by Tools; 9th December 2009, 23:18:PM.
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Yes, absolutely EVERYTHING I've ever sent them has been by special delivery (next day guarantee) and verified delivery with the online traking service and printed off all the digital electronic receipts/signatures and stapled them with post office special delivery receipts. The sending and receipt of all I've sent to them is irrefutable;-)
        What are your thoughts? CatXXX
        Last edited by Tools; 9th December 2009, 23:19:PM.

Comment

Yup, all sent special delivery, got proof of posting AND delivery in form of digital receipts which you can track online.. it even gives a copy of the person's signature who signed for it at the other end... (although suffice to say, this isn't always legible...) Its £4.95 a time to send mail this way but I think its a worthy 'investment' to know that there's no disputing delivery of docs etc... XXX (I learnt the hard way some time ago to keep copies/record proof etc etc ;-)
          CatX
          Last edited by Tools; 9th December 2009, 23:19:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X