• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA at door hassling- no word from Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA at door hassling- no word from Bank

Hi all, feel in limbo as my hardship claim with bank seems to have been put on ice since the supreme ruling.
    DCA called 4 hours after ruling came through.

He's been back again this evening getting a bit 'arsey'. They won't have got my letter yet saying I'm aware they arent legally allowed to hassle me at my door. etc

(thanks to the two kind people who posted me the letter templates to send to Moorcroft BTW:-)

Kind of feel stuck between rock and hard place with no word from bank but DCA hassling threatening court action/more costs/bailiffs etc.

And to top off a perfectly great day, my son has come from school with what appears to be a pretty nasty broken toe!! (big toe) So am now on way to A& E to sit for hours no doubt waiting x-rays etc (stop the world I wanna get off!!!)
    Should I still 'hang fire' and wait till bank get in touch; ball in their court. Submitted all docs I/E etc... just dont know wot to do and feel backed into a corner with Moorcroft hassling...

Cheers everyone, hope you're having a peaceful evening... See ya later when I get back from A&E and the 'Madding Crowds' of the walking wounded!
    CatXXX:cry:

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Re: DCA at door hassling- no word from Bank

definition of hardship... will the bank accept this falls into definition? When yr kid needs to go to A& E and its too far to walk from the bus but you dont have enough for taxi so delayed two hours to get a lend as money not in till early hours... X

Comment

Hi Cat, Sorry to hear about your day

I would print off that letter and hand it to him at the door and then kindly ask him to leave. Make sure you advise them in your correspondence that you will only communicate with them in writing.

The visits are designed to scare you, don't let them do that, I know its easier said than done, but its your right to decide how you wish to be contacted and as far as your concerned this debt is still disputed as it has not been resolved by the bank yet.

Lumi x
      Luminol x

Comment

Hi cat (or are you cat's sister, it's difficult to tell the difference lol)

Got an idea!

*He must live close to you (calling to your place within 4 hrs), so next time follow him home (discretely), wait until he gets all comfy, supper on table, etc, then bang loudly on his door & start demanding that he owes you money although you can't prove it!!
        You being a big, hairy lumberjack & all, it'll scare the bejazus out of him

Got to be more fun than sitting around at A & E (Hope your little one is OK btw)

cnjw

*Only joking
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hahaha, the thought made me chuckle;-)

Think I feel the need to start singing ..." I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok...." Thanks for asking, little un will live bless him, minus a bit of bone in his big toe... just got back half hour ago. He's pretty upset cos he does Martial arts and had just got Gold and silver medals in Northern championships, but will have to take a 'sabbatical' for a couple of weeks/month which he's none too pleased about... Oooh, maybe I should take him with me when I visit DCA during his supper!!! Ha, that lad of mine would be scarier than a Rottweiler! XXX
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Hi Lumi,
          thanks, that could be a good idea cos he's bound to call again soon... well he said he is in next few days... would save me price of a stamp at any rate;-) !!
          Ah well, tomorrow's a new day eh... (tomorrow's today already goodness me!) CatXXX
          Last edited by catinahat; 4th December 2009, 00:30:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X