• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hardship case no 2.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardship case no 2.

Can someone tell me can i claim for hardship 2nd time around.I did get £500.To pay some debts off.But now i am off work due to health condition.So i am only getting sick pay.I am struggling like mad.I have had bank charges these last few months.The problem i have is i am the cleaner at my bank.They no how bad i am struggling.The bank manager She said to me the other day. if anyone needs a stroke of goodluck it should be you.I am off work from my 1st job as its to heavy work and i cant do it.But cleaning the bank its really light work.And i need the money.Its only 7hrs a week.( minimum wage)She knows all this.

Re: Hardship case no 2.

Yes you can and mention when you were signed off work and when the income went down etc,etc,

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
      Yes you can and mention when you were signed off work and when the income went down etc,etc,
      I have told her all this.It feels awkward because i work for the bank (cleaning)

Comment

Originally posted by maggiemay48 View Post
        I have told her all this.It feels awkward because i work for the bank (cleaning)
        I would put it in writing and NOT to the bank manager but to their department that deals with financial hardship issues.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
          I would put it in writing and NOT to the bank manager but to their department that deals with financial hardship issues.
          Hi even tho i have already had a hardship payment once before (£500.?This was to pay debts.Which i did Pay.Whom do it send the letter to?And what should i put in the letter?.Thank you for your help.

Comment

Just a cautionary note, if you are off sick and claiming sickpay, is this from your employer or from DSS. Because if the DSS find out you are working whilst being "unable to work" then they will throw a few pages, if not the book, at you. Likwise, if your employer is paying you SSP I don't suppose they'd be too happy either.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
              Just a cautionary note, if you are off sick and claiming sickpay, is this from your employer or from DSS. Because if the DSS find out you are working whilst being "unable to work" then they will throw a few pages, if not the book, at you. Likwise, if your employer is paying you SSP I don't suppose they'd be too happy either.

Hi I am off sick from my 1st employer as the work is very heavy.And they pay my sick pay not dss.And i am off work due to my back.Where is the bank is polishing.No bins to emty or anything to lift.Plus i need the extra money to pay for heating.etc. Its only 7 hours a week..I couldnt survive on £79 A week.The extra £30 a week comes in handy.Please dont say i shuolnt be working?And its not cash in hand. i pay tax.etc.

Comment

Originally posted by maggiemay48 View Post
                Hi even tho i have already had a hardship payment once before (£500.?This was to pay debts.Which i did Pay.Whom do it send the letter to?And what should i put in the letter?.Thank you for your help.
                Not sure which bank but if you have a look in the stickies at the top of the hardship forums the main hardship addresses are there.

don't worry about the previous payment, just write to them explaining how the charges are affecting you and how your circumstances have worsened since you last wrote to them and you are concerned that another charge will send you over the edge - outline any debts/arrears you have and if you have a new Income Expenditure sheet send that.

theres no need to mention the test case at all as it is actually irrelevant to your request, they must treat you fairly under Bcobs (the new regulated banking code)

If you'd like some help with the letter just yell.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X